Essay PreviewMore ↓
By walking to school, we help our community in many ways. We would save a lot of money and time. If the whole community were to take their children to school everyday; it would cost $27,000. Since gas prices are near $3 a gallon, and rising, It isn’t a good choice to drive your children to school, unless you have to. Taking your children to school also takes up your time that doesn’t need to be wasted. On average, parents take about an hour a day taking their children to school. In one school year, you would we wasting 180 hours! An hour a day may not seem like much, but adding it all up, it is a lot more than you would’ve thought. By letting your children walk to school, you benefit in a couple of ways.
If you don’t want your child to walk to school alone, there are different ways you can make sure they get to school without getting in your car. Now you can trust older students to make sure your son or daughter gets to school safely and unharmed. This saves tons of gas, money, and time. And it an innocuous experience for you child; it could actually benefit them! If you trust your son or daughter to get to school alone, but you don’t want them to walk to school because it takes too long, there are still alternative ways for them to get to school. You can easily purchase rollerblades or a bike for them to get to school! They don’t cost much and you can find it at Walmart™ and your child can use it at your home to exercise as well. You may not know it, but there are many alternate types of transportation.
Copper Basin K-8 school highly encourages alternative transportation and older students to help younger students walk to school. At the school, there is a program that the 7th & 8th graders are participating in. It is called Vistas and it teaches us to help our community. By walking younger students to school, we are helping are community. “Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle” is what Vistas tries to promote.
How to Cite this Page
"Let's Walk To School!." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Mar 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A Walk to Remember - The Human Heart A Walk to Remember, by Nicholas Sparks take you on a whirl wind journey into the depths of the human heart, and leads Landon, one of the main characters, to a decision so stunning it would lead him irrevocably on the road to manhood. Landon the most popular boy in Beuford High and fall's > unexpectedly in love with Jamie, and unpopular, bible-bearing girl. It was kismet that brought these two together, and an incurable disease that would tear them apart.... [tags: Walk to Remember Essays]
686 words (2 pages)
- Nelson Mandela in his book, Long Walk to Freedom argues through the first five parts that a black individual must deal, coop, and grow through a society that is hindering their lives' with apartheid and suppression of their rightful land. Rolihlanla Mphakanyiswa or clan name, Madiba was born on July 18, 1918 in a simple village of Mvezo, which was not accustomed to the happenings of South Africa as a whole. His father was an respected man who led a good life, but lost it because of a dispute with the magistrate.... [tags: Nelson Mandela Long Walk Freedom Essays]
2182 words (6.2 pages)
- High school to me was a great experience in my life. A lot of people said they hated high school and would never go back. I guess you could say I am not one of those people. High school in my opinion was not that bad. I got to see all of my friends every day, I got to play sports and it wasn’t really that hard as long as you focus in classes. My senior year was by far my favorite year of high school. Our baseball team won the state championship, I had senior privilege for my first class of the day all year so I didn’t have to be to school until 9:00 opposed to the usual 7:30 and our hockey team placed second in the state.... [tags: High school, School, Baseball, College]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- ... There is no human being that has lived that long to tell us that this is correct. The age of the Earth can’t be observed, we can only go as far back as history books will tell us, books written by people that lived in that age. On the other hand, you have creationism, which is intelligent design. There is no way to prove this either, if there is a designer, he/she has not yet come to Earth and proclaimed “I created the Earth!” This also is a theory, normally used by religions such as Christians, Muslims and Jews.... [tags: school, government, science]
1347 words (3.8 pages)
- From the very first day of school my mother homeschooled me and my triplet brother and sister. My whole education up until high school was at completely at home. Once I got into high school I was not only homeschooled but also took a class at the public high school near me and two classes at the community college in my town. Going through this variety gave me a way to compare being homeschooled to going to public school. I had wished in high school I could have gone to the high school to be with my friends, but the more I considered it I realized that I really would prefer being homeschooled.... [tags: Teacher, High school, Education, School]
1440 words (4.1 pages)
- Ambur's Walk “Mom?” asked Lucinda, “What are we having for dinner?” “Don’t know yet ... Frances, what do you and your mom like?” Frances asked, “What do we like, or what do we eat?” Kimberly thought about that question for a second and then asked, “Frances, what would you and your mom love to have for dinner tonight … let’s pretend you won a free dinner at a nice restaurant and there was no check that you had to take care of. Now … what would you order?” Frances thought this was a great question.... [tags: troll, property, finances]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Let me educate you. I hope you understand that the reason I have left is not due to the incident with Nick and you "making him a man” or because mom “attacked you”. I 'm leaving because of the past few weeks I 've been here have been exactly, if not worse, than all those years I forced to live in the same house as you. I have had to deal with the hostile environment you create since I was in 5th grade up until 12th grade. I made the decision to go to a school away from home since 8th grade because I wanted to escape.... [tags: 2008 singles, English-language films]
1214 words (3.5 pages)
- The Other Side Of High School ‘Welcome to Porter High School , home of the Spartans.’, part of the speech given to any new student that’s unfortunate to be enrolled in this institution. Spending four years in Porter High weren 't only bad but were horrendous. Even though, Porter High School was my first and only High school, I will never forget the scars it left me. I had emotional and social scars from tremendous troublesome experiences channeling my opinions in one direction from another. I preferred college over high school due to a number of factors including inadequate teaching, social injustice, and limited freedom.... [tags: Education, Teacher, High school, School]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Changing from high school to college could be fun and exciting because you’re going to be in a different environment. High school and college are two different places that people go to receive an education. Both places are important part of everyone’s life. Dealing with the transition of the two diverse places makes it easy for you to point out contrast things about the two. But even though they both help and educated students, they have stuff that are not common. From the class and days of class, to the attire you have to wear ,which is noticeably different and certain high school rules are totally in contrast with college rules.... [tags: High school, Education, Teacher, School]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Meaningful Walk With a Friend It was a warm summer evening. The sun had already set and its brilliance still lingered in the sky, it seemed, much longer than usual. It was a wonderful night for a walk with my friend and our dogs. I waited for him at the usual spot, midway between our houses—the corner of Annesely and Bernwood. He was always at least five minutes late, but he always showed up. Brad emerged over the small hill on Bernwood. His back was towards the sunset, so his face was shadowed in the dusk, yet all of his unique behaviors were clearly visible.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
621 words (1.8 pages)
- Review of Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
- The Roots of The Enlightenment
- Personal Narrative- The Things I Learned from my Freshman Year of High School
- Popular Culture's Secular Influence on the National Culture
- Popular Culture's Impact on the Religious Guidelines of Modern Society
- An Analysis of The Wife of Bath Prologue
Walking to school benefits our community in tons of ways. You would also be helping by letting your child ride their bike or participate in alternative ways of transportation. Copper Basin school wants to help the environment, and this is one way you can! Not only does walking to school save many things, it helps to save the environment, which is slowly getting to a worse condition than it already is. This is not the only way to help the environment, “Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle“! Walking to school may not seem like a big way to help the environment, but by joining together, we can accomplish the impossible.