Essay PreviewMore ↓
K&N Mission Statement
Seek out and dominate traditional, modern and yet undiscovered markets for high performance, high quality, long life filtration and air management products. Support these markets with an unsurpassed positive experience from the point of first impression throughout the customer life.
To Provide a High Performance Experience for our Customers and Ourselves. We are committed to Working Together as a Team Toward Achieving a Unified Vision Through:
Quality Products that Perform as Promised
People Helping People Enjoy their Lives More
Honesty, Integrity, and Respect for People
Innovation, Creativity, and Personal Development
Living with Passion, Commitment and Enthusiasm
Just Focus and Do It
History of K&N Engineering, Inc.
In 1964 Ken Johnson and Norm McDonald started a business selling motorcycle parts and accessories to motorcycle enthusiasts. They quickly realized that there was a need for higher performance parts, and soon they began producing an air filter that could keep the fine dirt experienced in off-road racing from damaging the race engines. This filter had to be washable and reusable and allow enough air to keep the motorcycles running at peak performance. The original K&N High Flow air filter was born and in 1969 K&N Engineering became known more for its performance air filters than for rental bikes and parts. It wasn't long before the filter technology was applied to automotive applications.
K&N's commitment to providing top quality products that deliver as promised is stronger than ever, even after thirty five years. K&N has over 55,000 applications, covering most of the vehicles in production today. More than 600 employees research, develop and manufacture K&N products.
Riverside, California, is the headquarters for K&N Engineering and there they manufacture the majority of their products from raw materials on machines designed in-house. In addition to manufacturing, K&N has one of the most sophisticated Research and Development facilities in the performance aftermarket, complete with air filtration testing capabilities, engine and chassis dynos, air flow testing stations, mass air flow (MAF) meter testing and a myriad of other technologies to help K&N design and manufacture the best products possible.
In its 35 years, K&N has continued to make improvements to its products. In addition to their washable/reusable High Flow Air Filters, K&N offers four lines of High Flow Intake Kits that provide guaranteed horsepower. K&N's Fuel Injection Performance Kits and AirCharger Kits, which easy to install kits that replace the restrictive factory intake tract and allow a smooth flow of air from the company's famous washable and reusable air filter, revolutionized the industry.
How to Cite this Page
"K&N Engineering, Inc.." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In order for an engineering concept to be considered innovative it must be a new method or product; but it can also be a modification to an existing method or product. Generally the function of innovation is to overcome a new obstacle or to improve upon a current solution to any design. For the purpose of this paper innovation will not be defined only as an improvement. However, the innovation may cause new problems to arise. Given this situation the engineer may not have taken all the necessary steps to ensure the success of the application of the new design.... [tags: Engineering]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- I am applying for a Masters in Mechanical Engineering with a concentration in Solid Mechanics to expand on my study of and experience with materials. I have thoroughly enjoyed studying Materials Science and Engineering as an undergraduate at UCLA. I now look forward to moving into graduate study in a field of engineering with a related, but different perspective. Materials Science and Engineering has allowed me to explore both materials and other fields within engineering, contributing to my strong interest in combining my study of Materials Science and Engineering with Mechanical Engineering.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Mechanical Engineering The Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology defines Engineering as, “ the profession in which knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to utilize, economically, the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind. “(ABET). An Engineer in my own words would be someone that is a problem solver and enjoys finding ways to improve imperfect designs. Examining closer at the specific discipline of Mechanical Engineering I have found the specific fields of study many Mech.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1186 words (3.4 pages)
- Engineering, in simple terms, is the application of science for the purpose of fulfilling the needs of society. In order for engineering to fully benefit society, engineering must continue progressing with this technologically advancing world. The most prominent advancements in engineering concern advancements in the field of medicine and health. Both engineering and medicine are so deeply correlated that current medicine would not be as advanced as it is nowadays without the assistance of engineering.... [tags: Engineering ]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- Picture the world without skyscrapers, bridges, and even transportation well without engineers that's the world we would live in. A great man by the name of Albert Einstein once said, “Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." It takes a very unique and skilled person to become an engineer; you have to be dedication to your passion to succeed. The word engineer actually comes from a Latin word meaning "cleverness". Engineering is known today as the art or science of making practical application of knowledge of pure sciences.... [tags: Engineering ]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- Biomedical engineering, also known as “bioengineering”, is a branch of engineering that combines the design and problem solving techniques of engineering with biological and medical sciences to improve health-related and medical problems. Bioengineers have made many positive changes in many lives today. By designing live-saving objects such as artificial hearts, dialysis machines, and surgical lasers bioengineers have helped save many lives. Biomedical engineers dates back to over 3000 years with the Egyptians.... [tags: Engineering ]
521 words (1.5 pages)
- Aerospace Engineering has paved the way for a vast majority of today’s modern technologies; it has contributed to the research and development of stealth, reconnaissance, and commercial aircraft. Aerospace engineering has made revolutionary breakthroughs in the development of both fighter jet and rocket designs, including pilot/passenger safety, thus forever changing the outlook of travel and warfare. One might ask; what is Aerospace engineering. Aerospace engineering is the branch of engineering that contributes to the design, development, and production of aircraft or related systems such as rockets, spacecraft, and missiles.... [tags: Engineering ]
1597 words (4.6 pages)
- Aerospace Engineering has paved the way for most of modern day technologies; it has contributed to the development of stealth, reconnaissance, and commercial aircraft, its made revolutionary breakthroughs in both fighter jet and rocket designs including pilot/passenger safety, forever changing the outlook of travel and modern warfare and travel. One might say; what is Aerospace engineering. Aerospace engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the design, development, and production of aircraft or related systems such as rockets, spacecraft and missiles; and is closely tied to aeronautical engineering and astronautical engineering (Aerospace Engineering).... [tags: Engineering ]
1348 words (3.9 pages)
- In the past century, society and common people's lives have undergone significant changes, thanks to engineers' reformed and advanced technologies as well as their essential spirit of invention. Today, these respected engineers' footprints can still be traced anywhere: either those glittering neon lights that remind us, while flying above through a modernized city in the evening, of the achievements of electronic engineers; or those cloud-kissing buildings and sophisticated road networks which evokes us respects for civil engineers; or even the airplanes that we are taking and cars we are driving and that are also contributed to the efforts of mechanic engineers...... [tags: Engineering]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Forensic Engineering is the application of the art and science of engineering in the justice system. It may include an investigation of the physical causes of accidents and other sources of claims and litigation, preparation of engineering reports, testimony at hearings and trials in administrative or judicial proceedings and the rendition of advisory opinions to assist the resolution of disputes affecting life or property. Structural Engineers are one of the many trained professionals who are classified under forensic engineering.... [tags: Engineering ]
1896 words (5.4 pages)
K&N Air Filters and Intake Kits are backed by the famous K&N Million Mile Limited Warranty -- K&N stands behind their products and more than 35 years in business shows that the company continues to satisfy its customers. K&N has garnered numerous awards from SEMA, including "Manufacturer of the Year in 1994, 1996, 1997, and 2000 making K&N the first company to receive this prestigious award four times.
The Future of Automotive Filtration
Currently, the market in large part relies on the now antiquated disposable paper filter element that has been in existence since the dawn of the gasoline internal combustion engine, K&N is pleased to note that in recent months, leading paper filter companies have seen the light and begun to follow its lead. The automotive industry continues to shift towards the use of long-life performance gauze filters. The cotton gauze filter market segment has seen significant investment in global spending towards educating both consumers and automotive industry engineers in the environmental and performance advantages associated with long-life air filters. K&N will continue to spearhead this filter revolution, and has pushed filter technology to a new level with cutting-edge R&D across its entire line of air filters, to be announced in further detail in the very near future.
What "Lifetime" means to K&N and Consumers
The benefits of increased performance associated with K&N filters contributes towards money savings, fuel savings, and a dramatic reduction in environmental waste for the life of the vehicle in which the filter is installed. As consumers become educated in the performance benefits of K&N's performance filters, many are surprised to learn that they have been missing out on benefits due to manufacturers and service departments that have been selecting the cheaper filters to equip their cars. K&N appreciates that a little education goes a long way in helping consumers take an active role in thinking for the first time about air filters, and then taking an active stance in choosing the filter that is right for them and best reflects their values and needs. With this choice made, K&N consumers become K&N advocates for life, giving "lifetime" another layer of significance.
The Filter Revolution in OEM Automotive Manufacturing
Just as automotive manufacturers have begun responding to consumer demand for premium brand tires, spark plugs, motor oil, and other consumables, so too have they taken note of changing consumer preferences and expectations in this filter revolution. The transition away from disposable paper filters in new cars and trucks has proven to be resounding and profound. K&N fully expects to become the default standard and supplier for a majority of OEM applications in the not-so-distant future.
Customer Profile Atlanta Toyota
Since 1986 Atlanta Toyota has served the automotive needs of Atlanta and surrounding areas. Located in Gwinnett County, one of the nation's fastest growing counties, the potential for new business every year is rapidly growing.
Over 85,000 customers
Over 1,000 vehicles available everyday
Open Year round
Multilingual sales staff with 26 languages spoken in the showroom
11 time recipient of the prestigious Toyota President's Award for customer satisfaction
2004 President's Cabinet member, Toyota's most elite honor given annually to a maximum of only 12 dealers in the United States
The #1 rated Collision Center in North America
One stop shop for automotive sales and service
While Toyota as a company faces many competitors, we are focusing mainly on the service side of Toyota, and that is why we considered the following as Toyota's closest competitors.
Other major dealership service centers such as but not limited to Ford, Chevy and Honda.
Chain Parts and Service Centers such as, but not limited to, Pep Boys and AAMCO
Independent Service and Repair Centers such as but not limited to J & B Automotive and Juan's Repair Center.
Need of Atlanta Toyota Service Center
High customer satisfaction
Increase in return customers for routine maintaince
Set Toyota's service department apart from all the others
Improve the bottom line
Advantages of K&N Lifetime Filters
By going to a K&N lifetime high flow filter, the service center will be able to save money and have more satisfied customers. K&N can guarantee this in a couple of ways. First, customers will appreciate the fact that a service center uses a "high performance" filter as the standard replacement for the less desirable OEM style paper filters. They will also value the benefits of having a better flowing air filter on their car, such as increased performance and better fuel economy. Also, by equipping a vehicle with a reusable air filter, the customer is more likely to return to the service department once it is time for maintaince again. This will help promote a higher customer return rate, because many customers will see the benefits of the new air filter and will value the Atlanta Toyota experience more. Also, there is a new trend in the automotive air filter industry, and K&N set it. Many OEM manufactures are moving toward a reusable "lifetime" filter, much like K&N's. However, the trend has not quite come full swing, and now is the time to jump on the wave, before other service centers take the business of air filter replacement and maintance. If Atlanta Toyota begins using K&N filters now, they will be ahead of the curve, and many will see them as the innovator and trend setter in the air filter service industry, including their customers.