I think that transformational leadership theory can be found in every sphere of our lives. What is even more important, this approach is very effective in encouraging me to work better. During exploring the different theories in the Organizational Behavior lessons, I understood that those teachers who were applying to my personal needs, and encouraged me to study the subject because of my own goals, gave me the better knowledge, than...
... middle of paper ...
...nizational Behavior course was very helpful and necessary for me to understand the nature of many issues in the working sphere. Many approaches and solutions of the problems which we have studied during the lessons will be definitely useful in my future career. The transformational leadership theory showed me why some people are born to become and are outstanding leaders, and how to develop those skills in me. Besides that, it had also taught me to be more attentive to other people’s problems and suggest solutions to them as it develops more trustful and positive relationships. Another issue which is very crucial as well is cross-cultural communication, as everyone in its working place meets people of different nations, religions, and beliefs. Our lessons gave me more experience in this field and showed me how to behave and communicate with people of other cultures.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The article I chose to discuss for this week’s discussion is by Doody, C. & Doody, O. (2012). This article focuses on transformational leadership and its use in nursing/health care. This article draws attention to the many changes that have taken place in nursing/healthcare and how nursing theories and nursing frameworks must continue to evolve as changes are made. As nursing theories and nursing frameworks continue to advance and change, leadership styles must also continue to evolve as time progresses and as changes are made in the healthcare field.... [tags: Nursing, Leadership, Nursing theory]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- The relationship between transformational leadership and job satisfaction is one of the most critical success factors in any organization and has become one of the largest topics studied among psychology, management and organizational behavior researchers (Tsai, 2011). Job satisfaction refers to how satisfied an individual is with his or her job within their organization. There are many factors that determine the job satisfaction, and one of the factors is the type of leadership style. According to the first article that was completed, an effective leadership style of leaders in an organization is having the capability to provide motivational incentive and direction to their followers to ach... [tags: Management, Leadership, Motivation, Goal]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Background of Leaning Leadership Book The purpose of Learning Leadership book is to answer a fundamental question: How do people learn leadership and how they can learn to become leaders. James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner have written this book as an exclusive guide for leaders to become the best leader by practicing the five fundamentals of becoming an exemplary leader. The book provides a framework to help people of all levels and backgrounds to develop their leadership style and become the best leaders they can be.... [tags: Leadership, Charismatic authority, Sociology]
1227 words (3.5 pages)
- The proposed dissertation topic is the effect of school leadership on academic performance. This topic has been selected because it is a researchable topic. The scope of this topic is bigger and requires different approaches to achieve the intended end. On the proposed dissertation topic’s contribution to the body of knowledge in my profession, this research will seek to improve on the quality of information concerning leadership in school by correlating school leadership approach and school performance.... [tags: leadership, school]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- Weekly paper 2 : Viren Kheni : Leadership behavior and skills I We all have our own ideas about leaders-our own concepts of leader behavior or leadership. In addition to our own involvement in professional roles of leadership, we frequently talk about leaders, work with leaders, and try to train young people to be good leaders. Its essential for us to know about leader’s behavior and skills one should have. We learnt various traits approaches to leadership in the previous class and stepping ahead to leadership behavior.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill]
1052 words (3 pages)
- The Elements of My Personal Moral Platform Business Leadership As discussed, Madame C.J. Walker exhibited both her values and ethics into her leadership style. Walker exercised her civic duties, while advocating for a variety of social causes of that era. Although, Madame C.J. Walker was not formally educated, she strategically positioned her products to target the black community (Public Broadcasting System, 2016). Although, her quality of life was dim at the start of her life, she didn’t allow her circumstances to stop her from climbing to the top.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Ethics]
974 words (2.8 pages)
- As these new theorists embark on the question of leadership, they subsequently have declared leadership a result of relational interactions that is highly complex in nature based upon the dynamic interaction of socialization rather than isolated activities of one or several persons in authoritative positions. These interactions move in varying directions vertically, and horizontally, as tension driven processes of interaction based on complex rather than singular variables (Lichtenstein et al., 2006).... [tags: Organisational Management, Leading]
1789 words (5.1 pages)
- Transformation. Transformation is defined as “Moving a shape so that it is in a different position, but still has the same size, area, angles and line lengths.” (mathisfun) In the Meriiam-Webster dictionary it is defined as “to change something completely and usually in a good way.” Transformation happens everyday, through the transforming of attitude, villages, Countries, and lives. One of the biggest transformations is the Transformation of character. Character changes can affect everything around us.... [tags: transformational leadership]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- Leadership has been described as "a process of social influence in which one person can enlist the aid and support of others in the accomplishment of a common task", however there are alternative definitions of leadership. Leadership is a major way in which people change the minds of others and move organizations forward to accomplish identified goals. According to Fry et al (2004) stated that, “leaders must exhibit high levels of courage with a willingness to listen to others in order to collect and analyze information”.... [tags: innovation, behavior, skills]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- Assessment of a study of the relationship between transformational leadership, empowerment and organizational commitment Introduction and Purpose of Study The implications of transformational leadership on a firm’s employees and the success of the firm overall are areas of ongoing research according to Ismail, Mohamed, Sulaiman, Mohamad, and Yusuf (2011). The authors make the case that in a changing global environment transformational leadership styles, rather than transactional styles, are a means organizations are using to meet their strategies (p.... [tags: social issues, transformational leadership]
1527 words (4.4 pages)