Over 20 years’ Human Resources (HR) experience specializing in technical and complex compensation and retiree and employee health and life insurance and benefits administration
Extensive experience in Administering employee health & life ins plans, retirement programs, 457 deferred compensation and Section 125 plans; conducting new employee orientation and group presentations; and resolving claims disputes as needed
Expanded experience in PC operations and proficient in MicroSoft Office Suite including Email, Word, and Excel; GALIS; BANNER; Performance Matters; Angel; SchoolMAX; SAS; SPSS; and PeopleSoft
2014 - Current: Technical College System of Georgia
2/2015 – Current: Human Resources Coordinator, Gwinnett Technical College, Lawrenceville, GA.
Responsible for conducting employee new hire orientations, exit processing and providing information regarding retirement
Leave Administration - FMLA leave and Workers’ Compensation training, administration, compliance, and communication
Benefits Administration coordinating with Payroll - Supporting and administering the benefits and enrollment programs, enrollment communication, and training for all employees; administering benefit programs and ensuring eligible employee participation and payment of benefits; reviewing details with and enrolling staff in benefits programs; coordinating open enrollment processes and wellness fair
Assist with the processing of billing for benefit plans including monthly audits and reconciliations
Risk Management injury and accident claims administration including campus visitors and Worker’s Compensation
Retirement planning and processing - Oversee retirement and deferred compensation with vendors, faxing forms, and sche...
... middle of paper ...
...on (LOMA), Atlanta, GA.
Compensation and benefit consulting--research, develop and conduct four annual international compensation surveys covering executive, managerial, actuarial and clerical wage and incentive trends supervising one clerical employee and one summer intern; conduct benefits and ad hoc surveys
Author consulting articles for trade publications and marketing materials for consulting products
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
American Compensation Association
Fellow Life Management Institute (FLMI), Level I
Doctorate of Education – Ed.D. (Currently pursuing)
Organizational Leadership – Organizational Development
Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ
Master of Education – M.Ed.
Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
Bachelor of Arts – Spanish Major/English Minor
Berry College, Mt. Berry, GA
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- College can be define as an institution of higher learning, especially one providing a general or liberal arts education rather than technical or professional training. (Dictionary.com) College today has vastly adapted to modern technology and modern society. Many colleges have been reconstructed for a targeted type of student. Universities are design for the student seeking to further their education within a scholarly environment. Two year colleges are design for the student seeking higher education with the options to seek vocational training or academic degree.... [tags: Higher Education ]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- My college career began in 2002, as a history major with the intention of becoming a high school teacher. Along the way I realized I had no passion for that career or how dry the subject can be at a serious academic level. During my time at Georgia State University I took the required Psychology 101 class, and became fascinated with the subject. When I returned to college to finish my bachelor’s degree, in 2014, I changed my major to Psychology and have found it a much more rewarding subject. I should address my first attempt at college, specifically the year I spent at GSU.... [tags: Psychology, Psychiatry, Abnormal psychology]
855 words (2.4 pages)
- Over the years, there has been debate about technical colleges converting from quarter systems to semester systems. Some people feel a semester system will be better than the quarter system. Apparently, the Technical College System of Georgia agrees and converts the technical colleges to the semester system. Now students who are on the quarter system have to transition to the semester system. Students will have to cope with the new academic calendar, courses, credit hours, tuition, and financial aid.... [tags: Education]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- I am interested in the opportunity to be considered for the transition within G4S as a Dispatch Security Specialist positioned at Georgia Pacific Gate 15 to the new G4S Site Supervisor position within G4S. I have experience working closely with other people and have the ability to supervise then as well. While much of my experience has come from my 20 Years of service in the U. S. Navy, I understand the important value of security and leadership in the private sector and know my experience will be an asset to you and G4S.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Non-commissioned officer]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- In America, there are numerous colleges, universities, trade schools and technical schools. Some cause financial problems, some you’ll spend lots of time such as 4 to 6+ years and some you won’t. Community colleges are only 36% of the tuition and fees at a 4-year college/university, which make it more affordable than a traditional college (Snyder 1). They only last two years if you are a full-time student. Community colleges are the step brothers of four-year universities. They were placed within communities for local education that people can have easier access to.... [tags: Higher education, College, Community college]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- Court systems between states can vary significantly while maintaining the same general functions. Georgia state court structure is set up to handle a large number of proceedings. To understand how the system is able to accommodate the numerous counties and the growing population we must consider the types of courts that are in place, the process of putting judges into place, and how the jury is chosen to facilitate the courts. Civil courts handle jury trials in civil matters. There is a jurisdictional limit of $25,000 placed on civil courts.... [tags: Justice System]
1956 words (5.6 pages)
- Community and technical colleges perform an indispensable function in increasing access to higher education, but their completion rates continue to be low. Research indicates that individuals presented with several opportunities frequently do not make helpful choices. Additionally, there is data that community and technical colleges must be more effective in assisting students continue and complete a program of study. These institutions must offer a set of closely controlled program opportunities whose requirements and projected outcomes are clearly defined.... [tags: Education, University, Higher education, College]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Technical communication is most likely going to be the most difficult part of my professional career as a computer scientist. Writing for this field is similar to other fields since programmers are expected to be able to write documents that are easily understandable by the software users, and are readily usable with technical details for professionals. Programmers must write many documents directed at the non-technical audience which consists of text within programs, read me files, help files, manuals on software use, presentations for clients, and many more.... [tags: Technical Writing]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- KSU graduates compete in high-quality job markets. The area is a resource pool of highly skilled job candidates from other Universities nearby. The graduates from a top ranked university in the Atlanta offers the biggest threat for KSU graduates in the job market. The KSU graduates are facing increased competition when searching job, and KSU is facing difficulty in getting firms for campus recruitment and research partnerships or for internship opportunities. Dues to the lower ranking, potential students will apply at other universities.... [tags: University, College, Academia, Academic degree]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- Georgia was admitted as a state in 1788 and was one of the Confederate States of America. It was once primarily a farm state, producing large amounts of cotton, but has since become a major manufacturing and service industry state. Georgia is named for George II of England. It is bordered by Tennessee, South Carolina, Alabama, North Carolina, and Florida. The population of the state is estimated at about 8,186,453. Caucasian people make up about 71% of Georgia's population, while African-Americans account for about 27%.... [tags: Report Georgia]
981 words (2.8 pages)