The reason I see a correlation between the aphorism and thesis said previously in the notes above.When someone says they are a biologist, or maybe even any kind of science professionals some people will assume the scientists have big heads and are kind of wimps. Making today 's view on scientist as small weak, very intelligent humans. Some will even go as far as saying scientist are scared of fighting and scared of humans themselves. I personally don’t see how any of that is anywhere close about scientist. I choose biology as my sort of respite. Not because I 'm weak or scared of life, or even scared of death. I 'm choosing it because that’s what I am good at it. By me not looking at something more dangerous like let’s say being an e.m.t, firefighter or even a police officer. I can really focus what I 'm good at and really make a difference for humans as a whole. Whenever I talk about my field of study with my friends, acquaintances, maybe even co workers. Some of the responses time and time again are, “Oh wow why something so boring?.” or something along those generic lin...
... middle of paper ...
... better life, doing something I love and making a huge difference in the world by just the power of my mind. Maybe even after reading this you will realize, doing what you love is very important. Now matter how small of a thing it is, it 's these things that truly matter. The thing that matters for me is , help as many people as possible because I feel almost the urge to do so. Even Though I can’t be an everyday hero. Just being a hero once to someone just a small time, is miles in the right direction. Even though this was a very very small sliver of my complex thoughts, reasonings and maybe even just a little bit of advice from me. Depending on how this is read, but realize this.What I find solace in isn 't the most exciting, but at least it 's something I love and feel great doing so. I 'm not afraid of dying but if I don 't seek it, more of what I love is to come.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Euthanasia Euthanasia in a controversial topic that does not get enough attention. It is literally a life or death situation. The legalization of Euthanasia or Physician-Assisted-Suicide is plea of all terminally ill patients for freedom. It gives those patients the right to die with dignity and to end all the pain and suffering that comes with dying from a disease. Why should people’s loved ones be forced to go through all the pain if it can all be ended with one treatment. Many people ask: what is euthanasia.... [tags: Death, Suffering, Euthanasia, Patient]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- The fear of death is irrational; death should be nothing to us. According to Epicurus, death involves neither pleasure nor pain. If pain is the only thing bad for us, then death is not bad for us. The conclusion of his argument is true if one accepts the premises to be true. The first premise must be true based on Epicurus’ metaphysics of atomism. If trying to attack his argument, it must be on the second premise. When Epicurus says “death,” he did not mean the process of dying which could inflict pain and therefore be bad for us.... [tags: Ontology, Existence, Soul, Death]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- When Thomas Nagel introduces how he understands death to be bad, he first makes a definition of what ‘death’ is assumed to be. He makes it clear that after death we are not to accept, for the purpose of the argument, that we, or our consciousness is to exist in an immortal form. We must accept death to be the end of ourselves and our conscious survival, a permanent death. Thus the question, if death is the permanent end of our existence, is it a bad thing. Before we look at an answer we must clarify one more thing, Nagel does not take into consideration the impact of death has on others, as it does not benefit the argument, Nagel wants to know why death is bad for the individual alone.... [tags: Life, Death, Consciousness, Afterlife]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- Death and birth are the only two things every single person will experience. Is it possible for death to be bad. With the varying experiences and consequences unique to each person can it be classified as such. Socrates, as exemplified in Phaedo, is most commonly identified as someone who did not view death as bad. While other philosophers, like Thomas Nagel, hold the view that death is in fact bad because of the loss of the only thing we possess - life. I see the most common view on death being undecided.... [tags: Death, Life, Fear, Soul]
962 words (2.7 pages)
- Through countless deaths and years of self reclusion, Emily Dickinson’s poems reflected her experience with death and its progression in ones life. Not only did Dickinson’s work reflect ones experience with death, but four specific pieces of work written by her reveal four stages of death that manifest themselves in a dying person’s life. “Hope Is The Thing With Feathers,” “This Consciousness That is Aware,” “I Heard a Fly buzz - when I died,” and “Because I could not stop for Death,” are the four works by Dickinson that exist to piece together the stages of death a person experiences when they are close to the end.... [tags: Death, Soul, Life, Emily Dickinson]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- Most people are hopeful to win a prize when they think of the lottery, but that is not the case in Shirley Jackson’s “The Lottery”. In this short story, winning the lottery is a bad thing, not a good thing. If someone were to win the lottery in this case, he or she would be stoned to death. To determine who is the lucky winner of this dreadful lottery, the man of each household is to pick a piece of paper outside of a black box and the one with a black dot on the paper is the winning family. Then, each member of the family picks a paper out of a box and again, the one with the black dot is the winner, or in this case, the loser.... [tags: The Lottery, Stoning, Family, Capital punishment]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- Introduction Epicurus believed that death was not a misfortune. He Believed that once an individual passes away, he or she looses their wordily sensation. He drew that sensation is a necessary condition of value to a person, so without it, the person will not sense, therefore be incapable of feeling. Contemporary philosophers however object this theory. Arguing that death is bad precisely because it deprives a person of good experiences which one could not possibly experience when deceased. In paragraph one of this essay, it expands on the epicurean argument for death not being a calamity for the one passing away.... [tags: Death, Life, Afterlife, Reincarnation]
820 words (2.3 pages)
- People like to argue that wealth is a bad thing, but I believe wealth is a good thing if it is used in the right way. People get a bad notion about wealth because they see that all rich people are terrible people. They see rich people as arrogant, stubborn, and egocentric maniacs. Sometimes, this is the case which is awful, but people with low riches can also be the same way. People say that riches define who you are, but I believe you are the same person either way. Riches can change you, but essentially you are still the same person.... [tags: God, English-language films, Poverty, Want]
2228 words (6.4 pages)
- Let’s Give Life Instead of Taking It Abortion is a topic in America that gets everyone’s attention. Abortion is the removal of a fetus or embryo so that it does not result in the birth of a child. There are two types of abortions. You can get the fetus or embryo surgically removed or there is a pill that is given. Many people are against abortion, others are for it. Individuals feel that abortion is a bad thing to do because of the effects of the person getting the abortion as well as the baby that they are killing.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fetus, Abortion debate]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- I absolutely hate driving. It is not something that I do not like simply because it is boring but it is dangerous. It is one of the only things that I actually hate doing. I cannot figure out how people like driving. It’s frustrating, somewhat difficult and scary. Some people may like driving for various reasons such as; adrenalin rushes, having the wind blow in their hair with the windows down or even just because they feel free, but I believe that driving is a bad thing. It’s crazy that I hate driving because I used to love driving but now, I just cannot stand it.... [tags: Automobile, Tram accident, Driving]
1723 words (4.9 pages)
- High Fructose Corn Syrup And Its Effects On The United States
- Gender Inequality Throughout The Front And Behind The Camera Still Exists
- Hip Hop : Beyond Beats & Rhymes
- My Experience With English 1301
- Critical Factors That Influence Nursing / Healthcare Organizations
- I Am Mom ' Hear Me Roar ' By Amy Chua 's Battle Hymn Of A Tiger Mother