This paper will cover the reflection on a class interview for a senior social worker intern. The teacher gave every student ten minutes to complete the interview. The social worker intern was prepared for the interview. She found out her scenario just minutes before the interview. This paper will focus on the limits of confidentiality for the client, potential assessment for the client, engagement with the client, and evaluation of the social worker.
The story was about a social worker intern who was placed in the hospital emergency room. The social worker had to do an intervention to one of her classmates who is in the same social work program, Ralph. Ralph arrives in need of facial sutures after being involved in a fight at a party. With him is a 14-year-old girl who says that she is his client in a foster family agency. They are both extremely intoxicated. The social worker intern was told to evaluate Ralph since he reportedly told a nurse he would kill himself if a word of the incident got back to the university.
Limits of Confidentiality
Working in an emergency room makes it difficult to maintain client’s confidentiality. Every client in a hospital has the right to keep their information confidential, unless required by law which can include: notification of infectious diseases, notification of suspected child abuse, legal process, necessary for the public interest, and serious criminal activity (Wilson,1997). In Ralph case, the social worker can suspect of child abuse since he came in with a 14-year-old girl. The social worker intern is a mandated reporter which it requires her to do a report to child protection services. The agency will decide if there is a child abuse in Ralp...
... middle of paper ...
...ity limits and other duties of a social worker. The social worker did mention the limits of confidentiality to the client at the beginning of the session. Most of the classmates did agree that the social worker did a great job in staying calm and was able to understand where Ralph was going through. The cultural influences are that a minor was involved, the social worker intern did a good job taking her out of the session and making it clear that she knew that the girl was a minor.
The social worker intern only had 10 minutes for this interview, she did not have enough time to get more information from the client and do a complete assessment on the client. There are a lot of areas where the social worker can improve. The feedback from classmates did help her to know what she did wrong and ways she can improved for her future sessions with other clients.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This paper is about a reflection on a class interview for a senior social worker. The teacher gave every student ten minutes for this interview. The students did not have an idea of what their situation was about until couple minutes before the interview. This paper will focus on the limits of confidentiality for the client, potential assessment for the client, engagement with the client, and evaluation of the social worker. Scenario The story was about a social worker intern who was placed at the hospital emergency room.... [tags: Child abuse, Sociology, Social work]
1477 words (4.2 pages)
- In my interview I had the pleasure of conversing with an individual that was not only an adult learner but now also operates as an adjunct professor for adult learners at a university. Some might not realize the parallels of adult learners and yet still there are vast differences that impact both. It was refreshing to find an individual that was able to succeed as a professional, a student and most recently a professor at the same time. My goal is to introduce you my amazing interviewee and paint a vivid picture of his journey, his growth and through his challenges along the way.... [tags: Adult Learner Interview Paper]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Level 4A Reflection Paper Level 4A has allowed me the chance to engage in various clinical experiences that have helped master my nursing skills. This semester I was assigned to Select Specialty. This clinical site is specialized in caring for complex medical conditions, such as patients who were on mechanical ventilation equipment’s, complex wounds, cardiac diseases, prolonged surgical recovery, long-term IV antibiotics, patient requiring dialysis support, renal failure, pre and/or post-transplant, post injury, neurologic diseases, uncontrolled diabetes and infections disease.... [tags: Nursing, Nursing theory, Nursing care plan]
1491 words (4.3 pages)
- This company is partnership ran business that opened its doors in 1991, in the small town of Marengo, IL. Mark Anderson and Sam Accib are the proud founders of this HVAC and plumbing business for residential or commercial. The company was unable to give an annul report, due to the fact that it is a small business, and it not necessary in their company. The promotional practices used throughout the years have been ads in the Northwest Herald (three to five times a year), the Marengo Paper, and the most important one is the word of mouth apportion.... [tags: Career Interview]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- This reflection paper is divided into five main sections. The first section gives a general introduction of internship that I was doing during my internship period. The second section provides an overview of the internship practice and tasks that I was assigned to do. The third section is about the office technologies I used during the internship. The fourth section is about the benefits of the RCBC Paralegal Program courses taken as applied to the work that I performed. The final section is devoted to the knowledge and experience that I gained during the course of internship.... [tags: Lawyer, Law, Common law, Judge]
1315 words (3.8 pages)
- Introduction This paper will summarize my Interview with Keith Richardson the Chief of Police of Guthrie, KY. The interview will show some of Keith’s back ground of why I picked him for my interview. It will look at the Critical analysis and reflection of the interview. It will go over the critical research and vision of the solutions used. The Person I Interviewed and what I was Interviewing About My Interviewee is Keith Richardson the Chief of Police which has been in law enforcement for 18 years.... [tags: Chief of Police of Guthrie, KY]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Immersion Two My entire goal for the immersion activities that we have completed throughout the semester has been to learn more about Black people. Before this class started, I never realized just how egocentric and wrapped up in White privilege I was. I thought I knew what racism was and I knew that it still existed, but I never fully understood the definition of what it truly is and how prevalent it is in every aspect of our culture. Through our many readings in class, our discussions, self-reflecting when writing my Respectful paper earlier this semester, completing the IAT, and writing Immersion one I realized how uneducated I was and still am about the reality of Black lives.... [tags: White people, Black people, Race, South Africa]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Reflection Paper on “Heard Around the Common” I had a variety of goals for taking “Designing and Producing Media for Education.” First, I wanted to learn theories of multimedia design, specifically for educational purposes, and then have the opportunity to immediately apply those learnings to a hands-on production process. Second, I wanted the chance to interact with other educational media designers, such as Harvard’s TIE students. While there are many designers and media theorists at MIT, I don’t have as many opportunities to interact with those interested in education.... [tags: Education Teacher Essays]
2361 words (6.7 pages)
- In this paper, I will write a brief reflection over my interview with Professor David Christianson. I asked my professor fourteen questions, all question had different meanings and answers. I will start off my paper with some facts and advice which I received from my professor, my personal reflection on the facts, my personal reflection on the overall experience, and lastly, I will end my paper with the conclusion. All my questions were answered with great thought. In the answers, I noticed that my professor was telling me to make sure that everything I do is to better myself.... [tags: University, Professor, A Great Way to Care]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- Reflection of my thoughts on information giving in LAS 199 This course has been going on for a long period of time, I love this course in some aspects and kind of dislike it in some other aspects. However, I do enjoy this course generally speaking, I had a lot of fun talking to my classmates, and I also get information/ resources from some of them which I’m sure contribute to the happiness I have had experienced at this school since the course started; I did a group project that is the first one in which I was in charge of some of the interview which generate good memories and experience for me; I actively think a lot, which is great fun for me and generates a lot of thoughts which will... [tags: English language, Mind, Thought, Cognition]
1613 words (4.6 pages)
- Is An Intermediate Sanction Is The Criminal Punishment Between The Act Of Imprisonment And The Application Of Probation
- The Day Of The Golden Rule And Of Standing For What One Needs
- Analysis Of The Article ' Letter From Birmingham Jail '
- Voter Fraud, By Donald Trump
- The Effects Of Watching Too Much Tv
- The Rational Consumer Behavior Model