The functional analysis method was used to analyze the infrastructure and leadership at Prime Insurance. Research was focused primarily on how well the company encourages creativity, how well the company facilitates cooperation and communication across functions, and whether the company has programs that promote efficiency. Information obtained for each area of focus will be used solely to assess the internal environment of the firm. Neither implementation plans nor recommendations will be given in this assessment.
The scarcity mentality is prevalent amongst the department heads at Prime Insurance. This mentality starts with the CEO/Owner of the company and is within the culture of the department heads. The mentality quickly dissipates at the managerial and supervisory levels. In the event an employee approaches a supervisor to present a new idea the idea the supervisor listens to the idea and the dissemination of the new idea stops. The idea rarely makes it to those that have the power to implement change. The reason behind the curtailing of the idea is because the supervisors are aware that the CEO/Owner is not generally open to suggestion...
... middle of paper ...
...ensure work is being done in an efficient manner. One example of this type of process occurs in the Claims Department. The process is called Claims Committee Meeting. The purpose of this meeting is to assist claims consultants with issues they may be having with any number of their claims. The committee is made up of the president of the company, the manager of the claims department, and the claims supervisors. The committee meets once a week to ensure difficult claims and complicated matters are being looked at with more than one set of eyes. The committee acts as a sounding board for suggestions, approval for future action, and recommendations for the claim. When claims involve a monetary value in excess of $50,000.00 the claim is required to be brought before the committee so each member of the committee can sign off on the settlement authority desired.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ntroduction / Purpose At this stage in the audit, We need to assess and understand the internal controls of the Occeanview Marine company to determine their effectiveness. It is very important to make a preliminary assessment procedure on the controls’ risk. Also, planning should be done to determine both the controls tests and substantive tests of transactions that will be used. The goal of this memo is to information on the assessment of the controls risk. In addition, we have to discuss about the planning that has been done for both controls’ test and substantive tests of transactions.... [tags: Internal control, Auditing, Audit, Internal audit]
774 words (2.2 pages)
- Government sustained insurance company is the type of health insurance company, which is Blue Cross and Blue Shield’s Federal Employee Program. This is applied by the government’s initiative to provide an accessible and affordable health care to its employees according to Blue Cross Blue Shield (2015). This is to ensure that as an employee, there are numerous health care benefits that can be acquired through this service that will help to promote health. As a health care insurance, this is considered as a mandatory service because employees needs to have health care insurance so that they can be protected from any risks and threats affecting their health.... [tags: Health insurance, Health economics]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- Allstate insurance is the second largest property and casualty insurance company by premiums in the United States. Allstate insurance handles about 12% of the U.S home and auto insurance market. (Allstate, 2014). Many of Allstate’s customers fall under what one could refer to as a traditional selection of insurance for automobiles. Recently, Allstate has noticed a major shortcoming in lifestyle insurance, which includes coverage for motorcycles, boats, and other recreational vehicles, in comparison to its competitors.... [tags: insurance company, allstate,insurance market]
1102 words (3.1 pages)
- According to Pay Scale, The Walt Disney Company employs talent in positions ranging from Senior Financial Analyst to Senior Software Engineer. The average The Walt Disney Company employee earns $68K annually. The member of staff role at the company mainly drives compensation; though, how long you 've been working and geography is also reported as secondary influences on salary at The Walt Disney Company. According to the article, close to the top of the pay scale are Senior Software Engineers, Finance Managers, Software Engineers, and IT Business Analyst.... [tags: The Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney, Employment]
714 words (2 pages)
- Homeowners' Insurance is a policy which pays for damages to your home, the property, the assets within your home and the other structures on the property due to natural calamities or accidents. Homeowner insurance leads are very important for those insurance agents who want to sell the homeowner insurance policies to prospective clients. Earlier, the agents depended mostly on leads from real estate agents and referrals. But, this being the era of the internet, has more sophisticated tools which could be used to the agent’s benefit if used well.... [tags: Insurance]
510 words (1.5 pages)
- Insurance fraud is when someone provides false information to an insurance company in order to gain something that they may not have gained if they told the truth about said subject (What Is Insurance Fraud). An example of insurance fraud would be if an owner of a vehicle decided to burn down their car and claim it was stolen to receive money from the insurance company. Insurance fraud is one of the most common types of frauds seen nowadays. Most people have heard of this type of fraud and may even have stories of it.... [tags: Insurance, Life insurance, Insurance fraud, Fraud]
988 words (2.8 pages)
- The focus of this case study is on selected topics involving information assurance and information management in the insurance industry. In particular, it discusses: 1. Holdovers in processes and/or attitudes in the early days of insurance computing. 2. Progress in moving beyond the fundamental problems. 3. Independent information processing in the industry. 4. Significant information management issues. Holdovers in processes and/or attitudes in the early days of insurance computing This section will briefly discuss legacy systems and software, as well as the researchers experience with legacy systems and software.... [tags: Legacy Systems, Software, Insurance]
1756 words (5 pages)
- As human beings, we all have basic needs that include both physical and economic security, food, shelter, and clothing. According to the Society of Actuaries, risk is the possibility of losing economic security. We encounter many economic risks throughout our day to day activities; whether the risk is a car accident, sickness, house fire, or even death. For such reasons, insurance was created to eliminate risk or substitute certainty for uncertainty. The concept of insurance dates back to at least 3000 B.C.... [tags: Insurance ]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Concepts of Change and Leadership in EFU General Insurance Limited INTRODUCTION Presently EFU is the leading insurance group in Afro-Asia excluding Japan, providing a full range of insurance services. This includes life, health and general insurance. A pillar of EFU's strength lies in its close and long-term (over 50 years) relationship with its main reinsurer, Munich Re of Germany, largest reinsurance companies in the world. HISTORY OF LEADERSHIP & CHANGE IN EFU From 1988 to 1996, EFU was under leadership of Saif Kalani, chairman of EFU.... [tags: Business Analysis Insurance Company]
1115 words (3.2 pages)
- Abstract On March 10, 1937, Joseph Lewis and Jack Green started Progressive Mutual Insurance Company. They wanted to provide vehicle owners with security and protection and they thought an insurance company was a good investment for a couple of lawyers who were just getting started. Since its beginning, Progressive has taken an innovative approach to auto insurance. They offered drive-in claims service before any other auto insurance company and in another industry first, they allowed customers to pay their premiums in installments.... [tags: Progressive Mutual Insurance Company]
1172 words (3.3 pages)