Strong Economic Growth
India has an amazing rate of growth which has reached to 9% in 2007. The average rate of growth is 7% since 1994. This is an important evidence of the stable development of Indian economy. Also unlike to other developing countries India managed to have a very low rate of inflation which has remained close to 4% since 2000 and has not fluctuated much then. India seems to be one of the safest economic environments for investment when compared to other Asian countries. Moreover India’s imports almost tripled between 2001 and 2005 from $50.1 billion to $138.4 billion, while exports more than doubled, from $43.3 billion to $99.7 billion. Another import point that should be noted is that the growing middle class in India. With the continuous flow of foreign investment and rise of employment opportunities, the middle class has expanded and per capita income has been more than doubled since the mid-1980s. Augmenting purchasing power of the middle class is an attraction to foreign investment.
Sure that the undeniable attraction of India for foreign investment is the low wages. The vast population of India makes it possible to offer a cheap source of workforce in every part of the country. The average salary for all Indian employees working in the high-tech manufacturing sector is $ 120 per month. The average salary for qualified employees in India is $ 180 per month. Starting salaries offered to new engineering graduates range from $350 to $ 660 per month.
English-speaking educated workforce
It can be said that the English speaking, educated workforce is the main strength of India that has attracted the high-tech investment flow to the country in the fi...
... middle of paper ...
...g incentives to infrastructure companies China profits to receive foreign investment that choose better environment and infrastructure facilities.
It seems that the future high-tech wars will be between India and China. India, having experienced the positive effects of high-technology is determined to preserve its position and attract more investment. China, the economic giant of manufacturing industry also aspires to upgrade its image by being a major player in the area of high-technology.
While it is considered that there will be a competition between India and China in terms of high technology, some experts are insisting that there will be cooperation between these two countries. If they are right and we witness a Chinese-Indian economic cooperation in near future, the address of high-technology in Asia or maybe in the world is likely to be India and China.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- High Tech Engineering (HTE) is a small family owned company that fifty years old and manufactures small components for the aircraft industry. The founder and president found his successor Harold Barelli who envisioned that the company could become renowned through improving its technology and implementing advanced management approaches within the organization. He went on a campaign to make the employees aware of his vision and plastered it everywhere around the company. Over three years he began to implement several major changes in an effort to make progress toward his vision, but it had the opposite effect.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Implementation]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- When plumbing goes bad, hair needs cutting, or the car goes on the fritz, who is going to get the call. Most people will answer “the plumber, the stylist, or the auto repair place down the road at Wal-Mart.” That answer is mostly correct. Although, the focus needs to be on how those people got where they are today. These people, who do so much work for us every single day, need to get some consideration. In most cases they would have gone to a vocational high school or technical college. These are special schools in which students learn the exact skills they need to complete their desired career in an accelerated period of time.... [tags: Education, Vo-Tech High Schools]
2000 words (5.7 pages)
- Hello, we are the Student Council at High Tech Early College. We would like to start off by acknowledging Denver Public Schools for their efforts to make our stay at the Samsonite Campus as convenient and comfortable as possible. We are writing this letter to request your presence in discussing issues related to the academic life and future of students at our school. Unfortunately, we fear the negative effects this learning environment will have on our students, academically and health wise. The building has regular heating and air conditioning problems which results in an inadequate learning environment.... [tags: High school, Education, College, Want]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- By the end of 2023 in the CapSim simulation, Team Chester aims to have a solid market base in both high tech and low tech market segments, with control of over 25% of the market share. We hope to obtain at least a 45% return on assets and more than 30% return on equity. Our goals are to outperform our competition in sales through heavy funding towards accessibility and awareness, and to raise enough capital to pay dividends to bring up our stock price to at least $30 per share. To keep pace with the market, we will develop products that start out in high tech segment, cutting edge in terms of both performance and size, which will gradually move into the low tech segment as the segments drift... [tags: Marketing, Stock, Stock market, Customer service]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- Although high-tech equipment is beneficial to your practice, it cannot compensate for outdated or poorly designed practice management software.Your practice management software keeps everything intact, which is why it needs to integrate seamlessly with your dental software. The right management software can help you keep current patients happy and expand your business by offering patients a faster, smoother experience. Choose easy to use software that benefits you, your staff and your patients To streamline your dental practice, you need to choose management software that is easy to use, efficient and beneficial to your patients.... [tags: Telephone, Telephone exchange, Telephone call]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- In terms of raw numbers, Texas is the fastest growing state in the United States according to Politifacts.com, with approximately 1,000 people a day coming to Texas. It has become one of five states to have a majority-minority population, with three of its counties holding the largest minority population in the entire country. (DiversityInc.) The Texas economy is shifting away from the rural endeavors that built it, such as, cotton, cattle ranching, and oil. Emerging is the high-tech sector that is largely centered in the urban areas of Austin-San Marcos and Dallas.... [tags: Texas, United States, Urban area, Conservatism]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- Technology these days have advanced so much that they have a major global-wide influence to the very core of people's lives around the world. Allen D. Kanner, a child, family, and adult psychologist, states in his essay "The Piracy of Privacy: Why Marketers Must Bare Our Souls" (587) that high-tech technology is affecting the people's psychological mind and well-being. I agree with Allen D. Kanner's statement that technology has affected people's behavior in many ways in countless types of situations because of how technology is addicting and how wide it connects people to other people.... [tags: Technology, Advertisement, Behavior]
1396 words (4 pages)
- High-tech Snooping Threatens Our Privacy The Fourth Amendment of the United States Constitution states: The right of the people to be secure in their person's houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. The Fourth Amendment values privacy in the home and protects people's privacy from unlawful search and invasion.... [tags: Free Argumentative Essays]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- High Tech Babies Humans have engaged in the healing arts in an attempt to improve life, save lives, and, with the advancement of technology, create life. The practice of medicine has always relied on tools created by humans to aid in treatments and research. Those tools have gone from simple hand made devices to technology capable of human reproduction. With one in 11 couples in the United States infertile, and societal and physical pressure on women to reproduce, the desperation for treatment has become widespread.... [tags: Essays Papers]
2021 words (5.8 pages)
- Politicking Goes High-Tech This reading dealt with the fact that the major decision makers for people when voting (especially for Senators) are the television spots. The article discussed how today's campaigns are now candidate-centered rather than political party-centered and how they require large sums of money in order to pay for all the advertising, and a team of professional workers rather than a team of volunteers is a necessity. Much of the money goes to commercial advertisements, but another large portion goes to continuous polling and direct mail strategies.... [tags: essays research papers]
670 words (1.9 pages)