Promoting self-learning to me means that I will be taking a stand in my learning and finding a way to further and better my understanding on my own. In order to accomplish self –learning I will be using more multimedia to understand the topics discussed in my courses. I feel that multimedia allows you the freedom to personalize your learning and can help support the content you might not have a complete understanding of after class is dismissed. Multimedia also allows for easy access to the content whenever and wherever. This also leads to the idea that you can learn at any time. There is a misunderstanding that you must learn in a library or sitting down just to study but in reality you can study wherever is best for you, for me I use my down time in the car to flip through flashcards or whenever I eat I pull out my notebook to reread my notes.
I also have been a fan of learning communities. It is hard to understand content that is confusing to you just on your own, we learn better when we learn with our peers. Finding at least one other person to study with will help make your understanding stronger. If you have support to succeed and understand then there will be a better chance that you will succeed at your goals.
Strengths to promote self – learning
One of the strengths that I hav...
... middle of paper ...
...r from a YouTube video, I won’t quit until everyone in the group understands. You always need at least one leader within the community and to be able to let others lead as well makes me a successful team leader.
Reflecting on myself and my strengths is by far one of the hardest assignments I have had to do this semester. It allowed for me to pick out my strengths but also come to terms with my weaknesses which can be a hard thing to do. Using the Personality Colors quiz as a start helped me understand myself better to pick out my strengths. After picking out my strengths it was clear how they formed a relationship with my learning. Overall being a blue I am very caring and determined student, who values education not only for me but for others, this shines through when I work with others in my learning community, whether it’s with peers or teachers I care for all.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Friendships are as strong and as delicate as glass, they can survive a lifetime of use but all it takes is one fatal fall for it to be shattered forever. Sometimes people stay in a friendship long after they have been shattered by it, this is when the glass takes on a new complex. Miss matched pieces fit together imperfectly and everything looks distorted when you look through it. One person is hurting and the other hasn’t noticed a change. Our friendship had always been a bit one sided but, it took a long time for me to realize that wasn 't because of me.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- I would define friendship as complete trust and love between two people. Many people believe that this kind of behavior is reciprocated between two individuals without any expectations. A friend is someone who also provides you with support and whom you can rely on to celebrate special moments with. A friend also comes with many great attributes; such as loyalty, honesty, compassion, trust, and morality. Today’s friend is viewed as someone who shares happiness, common values, history, and equality with another.... [tags: Friendship, Virtue, Interpersonal relationship]
1351 words (3.9 pages)
- In From Margin to Center, bell hooks states that “We must learn the true value of sisterhood” (hooks, pg. 43). Sisterhood, female bonding, friendship plays a key role in any female’s life. We can see a positive example of this in Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eye Pecola, Claudia, and Frieda, and how not having a strong female bond can affect you with the relationship of Pecola and her mother. Today, we will discuss the importance of sisterhood, female bonding, and friendship, as well as analyze the importance of sisterhood and female bonds within the two examples from The Bluest Eye.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Feminism]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- Philosophers have discuss and debate about friendship and the true meaning to be a friend to others Aristotle have given requirements as well as qualities a friend possession within different types of friendships. He debates that a good man does not need friends but the points he brings up proves that a good man can not live a pleasant life in solitary. Many believe this to be true based off of Aristotle points that a good man does not need friends as long as they are self sufficient and blessedly happy (63).... [tags: Virtue, Meaning of life, Friendship]
1067 words (3 pages)
- The definition or meaning of friendship has changed in today’s society. We may think we have many “friends” but do people actually have real connections with their “friends”. We all enjoy the ability to stay informed on what is happening in our acquaintances life but does that mean we really care. To me the word of meaning of friendship cannot be defined in the dictionary. It is more of a feeling towards someone else just like love. The relationship I have with my best friend has come a long way.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Friendship]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Importance of Friendships Throughout the many unique and individual experiences I went through, the friendships that I made were one in a million. These friends shaped me and formed me in so many ways. I have learned an unfathomable amount through friendships as well as accumulating a lot of personal growth. The significance of friendships in my own American experience has taught me unique lessons, an open mind, respect, growth, and has given me a strong feeling for who I am.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- Everyone is affected by certain events or individuals that greatly change their life. Many people have influenced me during my 21 years of my life, but I believe that the person that has influenced my life the most is a wonderful girl by the name of Lindsay Schiller. In the year that I have known her, she has become one of my best friends, and has helped to transform me from a lonely computer nerd into a happy college student with a decent social life. Popular wisdom has it that, "You judge a man by his friends." Earlier in my life, that would have been difficult, because my father was a high school football coach, and it seemed as though every year I was moving to a new s... [tags: Friendship Essay]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- The human survival is based on friendship. From the highest authority to the lowest bums living on the streets all of them have experienced in some way or the other one of these different kinds of friendships. We take this friendship for granted because it is something that exists naturally in society and most of us never really have to actually go out into the world looking for a friend. Those of us who have had to live in a foreign country or in new surroundings have learned how important this is in life.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
506 words (1.4 pages)
- Friendship I jumped into my bed, exhausted from my late-night babysitting job. It was past midnight, and I was looking forward to sleeping since I had to get up for work in about eight hours. Normally, I would have pulled my big, fluffy down comforter up to my chin right away, but my body felt as if it were on fire with fever. A bad cold had hit me, just as it always does during the mid-spring season. I could hardly breathe, and my head was pounding. I tossed and turned until I finally fell asleep about an hour later.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- Friends "Friends have a unique loyalty to one another. This loyalty comes not through a sense of duty in the way one may show loyalty to family, kinsfolk or country. Theirs is born out of love, trust and respect. Nurtured on care and understanding. A perfect loyalty that will survive every hardship and endure the rigorous test of time." --Stuart and Linda Macfarlane-- The Love Between Friends, a Helen Exley gift book Friends, some are just acquaintances, others I truly care about. A select few of my friends have become like brothers and sisters.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1409 words (4 pages)
- Relevant Theory / Background Information ( Heading, Level 2 )
- The, The Natural, By Bernard Malamud
- The Importance Of Managing Finances And Being Aware Of Where Money Is Spent By Creating A Budget
- The Starry Night By Vincent Van Gogh
- The Human Resource Administrator Position And How Understanding Current Job Rewards
- Control Theories And The Application Of Control Theory