... middle of paper ...
...ture is so different than the American culture I am used and that’s what makes this more extraordinary. I enjoyed learning about the henna used during the Mehndi night, the ceremonies done during the Poojah ceremony for good blessings and fortune, and Aziz’ insight on arranged marriages in an Indian culture. I really hoped that I could have been there to witness this spectacle with my own two eyes but that will have to wait for another time. If given the requisite funds, my goal would be to fly to the country of Gujarat, and attend a wedding there, to get the full experience. Playing the role of a cultural anthropologist was a motivating experience because it shined the light on how unique this world truly is. Learning about marriages in the Gujarati culture gave me valuable insight on the important role traditions play in certain cultures, and ultimately, the world.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A beautiful bride is sitting on the ground, waiting. She is waiting for her wedding photographer to get the shot that requires her to be seated and paying attention the entire time, what she doesn’t know is that the only person that can be compared to the stress-bomb that she is in on her wedding day would be her wedding photographer. The wedding photographer only has one chance to get each shot, and if the photographer misses the ‘key shot’ of the wedding, than the photographer is the one that has to deal with bride-zilla.... [tags: Wedding Photographers, Magazine Advertising]
1508 words (4.3 pages)
- Essay #2 Condemning the so called “princess culture” seems to be a new trend in the 20th century; many people are convinced that society stereotypes children and forces them into being someone they are not. Besides gender specific toys and colors, especially fairytales are often criticized harshly. The author of the article “One Day my Prince will come”, Marcia K. Lieberman, claims that women in fairytales are portrayed as passive and weak and that this image influences the self-image of young children.... [tags: Fairy tale, Brothers Grimm, Hero, Sleeping Beauty]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- A Hindu Wedding Day Introduction: A brides wedding day is a day she has dreamed about her whole life and she will remember this day for the rest of her life. There is a lot of effort that goes into planning that special day. You have already found a groom now it’s time to prepare everything else. You need to plan the perfect outfit, make sure the food is perfectly cooked, and you need to make sure every step of the ceremony goes like planned. Hindu wedding are a festival or color and excitement.... [tags: Marriage, Family, Wedding, English-language films]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- Say Cheese Pictures, I have heard they say a thousand words, but I did not know that this saying would come into play while looking through my wedding album. Many thoughts crossed my mind as I viewed these pictures of my past. Although, I did not send out invitations, many people felt free to come and share in this special event. I was blessed to have all of my family to share this special moment. My husband to be looked like he was the happiest man in the world. Unfortunately, I looked at my photo it seemed as though no one could see i was dreading this occasion.... [tags: Marriage, Wedding, Husband, Wife]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- It 's my wedding day, and I 've overslept. There 's no time for primping, or even showering. I roll on deodorant, throw my gown over my head and run to the church. When I arrive, my dress is speckled with mud. The organist has settled in the choir loft; the guests are nestled in their pews. The photographer must have overslept, too, because my dad is pressing a distant relative with a disposable camera into service. I refuse to accept the gravity of the situation, opting instead to repeat the refrain that has soothed me countless times over these seven months of planning: "Everything will be just fine." I peer down the aisle.... [tags: Wedding, White wedding, Wedding dress, Dresses]
1858 words (5.3 pages)
- 'Getting married is the most important day of your life and Bali Villa Weddings and Events has said they will make it the most spectacular day of your life with their unique wedding packages. ' Immediate Release: 10th December 2013. When it comes to getting married every bride dreams of having that special day that she will never forget, and of course every couple deserves to have that one special day that will be remembered for the rest of their lives, but Bali Vila Weddings and Events will go that one step further, they will provide that special wedding day that not only will the bride and groom remember for their rest of her life, all their family and friends will never forget it either.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, White wedding, Wedding dress]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- What I know and What I Want to Find Out "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Weddings are when two people vow to each other come together, I have been dreaming and planning mine since I was 10 years old. I thought weddings were a celebration and just full of fun, but to get there you have to go through all the planning and the getting ready. Four Weddings and Say Yes to the Dress, (two of my favorite wedding shows), have taught me a lot about all the different weddings and how they are set up.... [tags: Marriage, Wedding, Want, English-language films]
1933 words (5.5 pages)
- Pakistani weddings are loud, fun, and extravagant while American weddings are often very formal and proper. Some differences of these two cultures are displayed particularly in weddings: mainly in the pre-wedding activities, wedding party attire, and the actual ceremony and reception. Weddings are a major, wonderful life event; but people all around the world celebrate differently. Pakistani weddings generally include many pre-wedding activities. Usually, there will be a Dholki before one to two weeks before the official celebrations begin.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, Bachelor party, Mehndi]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- It is very exciting for a couple to prepare their wedding together. The planning process may however become stressful especially if time isn’t on your side. In this case, it is advisable to go for a professional wedding planning for expert help and advice throughout the process. The planner handles the entire process keeping in mind all the personal decisions to be made. For instance, the planner will do various planning activities which include planning for the ceremony, picking ushers and inviting guests among many other things.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, Wedding planner]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- “Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day”, states Barbara De Angelis. Unfortunately, love is not always the main reason for weddings today. Wedding ceremonies have turned into who can have the biggest and best wedding. Today’s weddings place more emphasis on the dress or dresses, the food, the venue, and the decorations instead of the meaning of the ceremony. Therefore, some weddings can cost more than buying a house.... [tags: Marriage, Love, Wedding, Wedding reception]
1357 words (3.9 pages)