The disagreement is because both the managers have a different way of working pattern. One emphasizes on being friendly and delegating decision-making authority to the workers, and other intends to be strict and follow some rules and regulations. Mr. de Santos on his part is right. He thinks such actions will lead workers to take their work more seriously as they have been given some part of ownership of the task. This technique of management invites innovation and motivation to work sincerely. Although being friends with workers have their own disadvantages like being partial towards ...
... middle of paper ...
... in the task. Also both managers should implement the bonus policy on monthly basis so as to motivate the worker on a long term basis. Both the managers should respect each other’s working habits and not be over-confident or try to suppress each other. If at certain point there is some disagreement in the views, both the managers should be mature enough to drain it out. Not talking to each other is a strong quality of unprofessionalism.
Senior management can solve this issue of disagreement by creating a situation for these two mangers where they will have to work together and shall have to come to a common decision respecting each other’s view or management technique. This will make sure that good techniques from both the managers will result in successful outcome and eventually earning good profits. Finally “Two heads can be better than one if operated in sync.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- William Gibson said “When you want to know how things really work, study them when they’re coming apart.” By being a technician you get to experience that first hand. A technician is the career where you can express yourself through design, building, reconstructing, maintaining, products, and other materials. An Industrial Electronics Technician prepares diagrams to show how materials are handled and how machines are used. Industrial Electronics Technician is the job fit for someone with a passion for machinery and factory work environment.... [tags: Manufacturing, Industry, Electronics]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Switzerland: An Economic Overview Abstract Switzerland is one of the most prosperous countries in Europe. With a stable government, sound economy and highly skilled labor force and strong tourism, Switzerland is driving force in the world economy. However, in the coming years Switzerland will face three challenges that threaten their positive economic outlook, they are 1) agriculture protectionism, 2) Non membership in the EU and 3) aging population. This paper takes a brief look at these three factors and how they will effect Switzerland's future economic growth and the country's well being.... [tags: Economics Switzerland Economy]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- Officially known as the Swiss Confederation, Switzerland is a federal parliamentary republic comprised of 26 cantons, which represent four languages and a population of just over eight million . Switzerland is well known for its small landmass yet high standard of living, as well as its banking system and adherence to traditional Swiss culture. While the state is autonomous, it is a part of the Schengen Area unlike all EU members, and remains outside of the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA), as it became the sole EFTA member to reject membership by referendum in 1992 .... [tags: switzerland, republic, cantons]
3522 words (10.1 pages)
- The Hermes method from Switzerland The Hermes method was first introduced in Switzerland in 1975, and has been developed specifically for the management of ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) projects. It was later revised in 1995 to resemble the German V-Modell method. Although initially this method was introduced for the control of software projects, it was later expanded in its application to include other types of IT projects as well, and is now compulsory for all IT projects undertaken in connection with the Swiss federal government (FSUIT 2004, 2005 citied from O’Sheedy, 2012).... [tags: Project management, Project manager, Switzerland]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- Research Questions The primary goal of this paper was to examine the validity of four sets of hypotheses that stem from four central research questions: 1.) Can prognostics be successfully implemented on electronic circuit cards that have embedded diagnostics. The reason this research question was chosen is that prior research indicates that there have been no successful instances where prognostics have been implemented on electronic circuit cards. The cases that were presented in the prior research were all unsuccessful because of modeling uncertainties, the lack of intelligent algorithms, and the lack of technical exploration in electronic prognostics (Saxena, Celaya, Saha, Saha, & Goebel,... [tags: Electronics]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- One remarkable tool Boeing should utilize is ABC analysis, this process charts all of you inventory needs and aligns them in order of highest priority from left to right in a visual representation of the needs (Heizer & Render, 2014). This is a powerful tool to provide a visual reference of quality priorities and high cost priorities. It does not add value to focus on a common low cost cleaning agent used in the assembly process that is available from multiple locations and used in various areas throughout the manufacturing plant.... [tags: Manufacturing, Lean manufacturing, Boeing]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Table of Contents Introduction 2 JIT philosophy 2 Frameworks and techniques contributing to a successful implementation 3 Kanban 3 Jidoka 3 7 wastes elimination 3 Quality 4 Leveled production 4 Setup time minimization 4 Management’s commitment 4 An improved version of JIT – JIS 4 Implementation of JIT in American companies 4 Cultural background of JIT 4 Comparison between the Japanese and the American working (business/management) culture 4 Problems faced by American companies during implementation 4 Adjustments of JIT made by the American companies 4 Real-life example: Harley Davidson 5 Company history 5 Turning point 5 Implementation of JIT by Harley Davidson 5 Problems and solution 5 Fina... [tags: JIT Manufacturing]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- Gap Analysis: Lester Electronics In the Lester Electronics Scenario, there are several things going on at once. Shang-Wa had already suggested a partnership to Lester Electronics, but this is now becoming more urgent due to a hostile takeover bid by TEC. In fear of losing his company, John Lin, the CEO and founder of Shang-Wa, approaches Bernard Lester, CEO of Lester Electronics with a serious proposal to form and partnership and expand the business in to a neighboring Asian country. Lester Electronics however, has to decide whether a partnership is the best way to go, or if acquiring Shang-Wa outright would be more beneficial.... [tags: Lester Electronics Gap Analysis Case Study]
1262 words (3.6 pages)
- Introduction In past few years, companies and industries of various sizes have become aware that they need to improve business processes such as product development, order fulfilment, planning, distribution, and customer service. So everybody is now focusing on doing process improvement or redesigning. Steel containers position an arousing curiosity or attention in the engineering and policy challenge to society. They have to meet the condition of a countable quantity of structural and physical standard, must be reasonably priced, and must have a negligible impact on the environment.... [tags: Manufacturing]
1871 words (5.3 pages)
- SWITZERLAND Switzerland is an independent country that has been able to maintain its neutrality, making them honored by the major European powers. An interesting historical fact is that Switzerland was not involved in either of the two World Wars. Switzerland’s active role in many UN and international organizations has been a positive strategy strengthening ties with its neighbors, but also letting them retain a strong commitment to neutrality. However, Switzerland did not officially become a UN member until 2002.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1115 words (3.2 pages)