I’ve found that history education is a very competitive field and it’s getting harder to get a high school teaching job. It is especially hard for recent graduates, as there are already so many others qualified looking for the same positions. “With the national high school teacher job market hovering at frustratingly low demand levels for the last couple of years, some high school teachers are jumping ship for careers with more promising prospects. “There are literally thousands of qualified history teachers who want jobs and can’t get them,” Caroline explains” (Zogas, n.d., n.p.)
The most important job that I want is to be a mother. Elder D. Todd Christofferson said, “There is not a higher good than motherhood and fatherhood in marriage. There is no superior career and no amount of money, authority, or public acclaim can exceed the ultimate rewards of family.”(Christofferson, October 2013, n.p.)
I enjoy history and teaching, but I just would rather stay at home with my future kids, if that is an option because I know that the family is central to Heavenly Father’s plan. I think once my kids are older and are in school, I would like to be a substitute teacher just to pass time until my kids get home, and to make some extra money, but my main focus is to be a mother.
To be a mother there is no official education needed, but I want to be t...
... middle of paper ...
...ren in different situations and cultures. I’m able to learn from the past and am better able to plan for the future in what and how to teach my children.
Next semesters my husband will graduate, and we are looking for full time employment for him, while I continue to take classes so I can get my bachelors. We follow the lord’s direction on gaining education, and when Heavenly Father decides the time is right we will have children and raise them in the gospel.
There will always be things we aren’t prepared for, especially within the family. Now more than ever, a strong home is needed with all the confusion and attacks on the family. Being a stay at home mother might not sounds glamorous but it is one of the most important jobs in the world, and I’ve been looking forward to it my whole life. My role as a mother was predetermined, and I know how sacred the family is.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Due to this practicum course, I have been working for the Detroit tigers since May 16 2016 until August 13 2016. The Detroit tigers employed me as an Intern Certified Athletic Trainer for the minor league system; specially to perform my duties for the Gulf Coast League during the respective season, and to assist the Minor League Medical Coordinator / Rehabilitation coordinator; Corey Tremble, on his daily duties. The sports medicine staff is in charge on the injury prevention, first response, injury assessment, treatment and rehabilitation, and organization and administration duties.... [tags: Minor league baseball, Major League Baseball]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- According to Chang, “[…] 200,000 to 300,000 children are involved in prostitution nationwide […].” This astronomic number is something that is not factious, but is a reality for children living in the United States of America. A country that prides itself of being the land of the free is unknowingly holding hundreds of thousands of children as sex slaves to monstrous people simply looking to make a profit. This number illustrates the number of children that are sexually, physically, verbally, and psychologically abused on a daily basis by people who believe that are just businessmen.... [tags: Human sexual behavior, Sexual intercourse, Rape]
2305 words (6.6 pages)
- My Future in Secondary Education For my entire life I have been a natural guide and mentor for younger people. My mom used to run a daycare, and she would always let me help out by giving them simple tasks, teaching basic language skills, and just overall being a good role model for them, and since then I have always dreamed of being either a teacher or a school counselor for kids K-12. One of my favorite memories is when I set up a game by putting twenty simple words on a wall. As I pointed to a word, the first kid to say the word correctly got an M&M.... [tags: Teacher, Education, High school, School]
1579 words (4.5 pages)
- At some point in our lives we have all asked the same question: “what is the purpose of receiving an education?” Through my primary years of education, I often found school tedious and a misuse of time. I waited in vain for the day when I would graduate from high school, only then to go on to college. As I progressed onward to college however, I learned that my schooling was what I made of it. When I put forth a full effort, I received the most out of my education, which was more than just factual knowledge alone.... [tags: Education ]
1888 words (5.4 pages)
- Have you ever imagined the world of teaching through the eyes of a special education teacher. It takes a unique person to educate children with disabilities. The career of a special education teacher is an interesting career, because you get to help children overcome obstacles and become productive citizens. The research will describe the career of a special education teacher, what is required to become a successful special education teacher, and the impact this career has on society. To begin with, the career of special education started about fifty years ago.... [tags: Education, Teacher, History of education, School]
1385 words (4 pages)
- Teachers spend $1.5 billion annually of their own money on school supplies. 1 in 3 teachers purchase clothing for students including gloves, hats, shoes, and shoelaces. (“Surprising Stats on Teachers”). When researching the career of elementary education it stated that the first teacher was Confucius in 561 B.C. (“A Short History of Teaching”). The skills for teaching are creativity and presentation they’re important because it helps motivate and holds a student’s interest in learning. Those passionate about teaching point to the benefits of working with children and positively influencing the lives of their students.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, History of education]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- Teachers spend $1.5 billion every year of their own money on school supplies. 1 in 3 teachers purchase clothing for students including gloves, hats, shoes, and shoelaces. (“Surprising Stats on Teachers”). When researching the career of elementary education it stated that the first teacher was Confucius in 561 B.C. (“A Short History of Teaching”). The skills for teaching are ability to create interesting new things and presentation they’re important because it helps give a reason to do something and holds a student’s interest in learning.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, History of education]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- What is the purpose of education. What do we seek from it. How does it better our lives. What is the role of public schools. These are all important questions, but first I am going to give a brief summary of the text by Timothy McMannon entitled The Public Purpose of Education and Schooling. McMannon gives the reader plenty of reasons for why we need education and how it helps us and our society; he starts by explaining that in past cultures schooling was not done in a formal school but in “the community, the family, and the church” (McMannon 1).... [tags: Education Schooling]
1851 words (5.3 pages)
- The History of the Metis The Metis were partly french and partly indian. Their leader was called Louis riel. Following the Union of the Hudson's Bay Company and the North West Company in 1821, trading had been reorganized in order to reduce expenses. Since there was no longer competition in the fur trade, it was unnecessary to have two or more posts serving a single trading district. For this reason, some posts had been closed and the number of brigades reduced. This reorganization had led to some unemployment amoung Metis who for years had been working in the fur trade.... [tags: World History]
528 words (1.5 pages)
- Periods of European History that Demonstrated Changing Attitudes Towards the Education of Women Throughout the early portion of modern European history, women were never encouraged to undertake any significant education. Though the problem lessened over time, it was still a strong societal force. There were three major time periods when substantial changes took place in attitudes towards women's education -- the Renaissance, the Reformation, and the Seventeenth and the early Eighteenth centuries.... [tags: European Europe History]
504 words (1.4 pages)
- An Analysis Of Toni Lead Us On Physical Exercises And John Finished With Vocal Exercises
- The Child Development Center For Learning And Research Located At Wallace Hall
- The City Of The Lovely Sun
- Our Two Dominate Habitudes Are Target Goals And Spontaneous
- The Education System
- Community Policing And Public Enforcement