As the world revolves, there are a lot of changes that happens in the world. For example, in terms of technology, there are a lot of improvements already. Back then, for example, features of mobile phones were only call and text. But more ideas have been developed and people have started to think about how to improve some things so that they can attract more consumers. The result is there are now more, in this case, high-tech phones with carious incredible features such as access to social media, hi-quality camera’s ability to upload to and download from the Internet, e-readers, and video calls for quicker and easier communication.
In the world of fashion, there is denim. It is one of the world’s oldest fabrics, and has been modified and remodelled to go with the latest fashion trends. The first ones who wore this fabric are workers in the California Gold Rush era, designed by Jacob Davis because of its sturdy material that withstood the harsh working conditions. Not just them, even sailors from Italy use this material too as their sailing uniform. Then, it started appearing as an actor’s apparel, and that’s when denim started to become one of a fashion item. People started wearing jeans as part of their daily apparel and even adding their own ideas, such as studs and colouring it with different shades of denim. It doesn’t only stop around that era, but today, they are seen everywhere and has become a major clothing piece for almost all of the age groups. As a reference, we can see young children already wears jeans as part of their clothing, the teenagers added jeans to their wardrobe, and even for the seniors, they consider jeans as a simple and comfortable clothing pieces.
The Early Days of ...
... middle of paper ...
...ople from getting bored with it. Even though there are other eye-catching apparel, somehow people tend to choose denim because of its uniqueness and chameleon-like quality to blend in in any occasion, such as a casual meet-up with friends, or even to semi formal occasion such as a birthday party, you can just put on a nice top with some accessories to make it more blinglicious.
Jeans is not just apparel, but has become a must-have item. Today, a lot of denim-based products are not just apparel, but also other things such as handbags, carpet, and even a sofa. (elaborate more).
In conclusion, denim does have a very big impact on the world, especially in the fashion industry. Almost the entire garment store has a denim product on sale, and it keeps on varying. People keep on inventing new ideas to bring out fresh denim products so that the fabric is up to date.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Semiotics: Semiotics helps us understand the meaning of things. It allows us to go into more depth then we would usually do. It is split up into two words semeion (sign) and logos (story). Sign is split up into signified and signifier. Signified is the something else that is being represented whereas signifier is anything that stands for or represents anything and the elements. “On any given day in most countries, nearly half the population is wearing blue jeans” (Miller and Woodward 2011). The word jean originates from the French phrase ‘Bleu de Genes’ which means ‘the blue of Genoa’.... [tags: history of denim, semiotics]
1569 words (4.5 pages)
- Informative Speech Topic: Jeans General Purpose: To inform Specific Purpose: To inform my audience about the history behind denim jeans. Thesis: From the 18th century to present time, the jean industry remains one of the largest, most influential clothing markets. I. INTRODUCTION: As a retail major at Florida State, I have been able to learn a lot about my love for fashion. One thing that is true about me is that I love to understand the origins behind different subjects, whether that is my family or, in this case, piece of clothing.... [tags: Denim, Jeans, Nîmes, Levi Strauss & Co.]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- The History of Levi Strauss & Co. Idly standing on a busy street corner, one cannot help but observe a plethora of denim whiz by. Entrepreneur Levi Strauss is the man responsible for creating the booming market and generating a trend in clothing that has swept the nation for nearly 150 years. Through a steady commitment of quality and reliable service, Levi Strauss & Company became one of the most successful business ventures to come out of the 19th century. However, history for this company has not been all peaches and cream.... [tags: essays papers]
1855 words (5.3 pages)
- Our ancestors are people from the past who came before us, I find it fascinating to examine how the way people think, act and do things today will be different from those we have studied through history. Knowing the past is very necessary for any society and individual. The Past provides us insights into our evolving behavior in matters of life, love, mutuality, war, diplomacy, and peace. If we wish to understand how and why our world is the way it's nowadays, we must always look to history for answers.... [tags: History, Past, Future, Knowledge, Christianity]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- The Future is Wild: A Natural History of the Future The Future is Wild is a very interesting book as it provides us with a peek into the planet earth 200 million years from now. However, the most fascinating aspect of this book is how the authors rely on the knowledge of the past to build the image of the future. This logical linkage between the known past and the mysterious future takes our imagination to its limit, and yet does not cross the limits of our reasoning and logic. The book begins by explaining briefly the history of the planet earth and the frequent patterns of evolution in order to set up the readers’ minds, and then it jumps smoothly five, a hundred, and two hundred million... [tags: The Future is Wild Book Review]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- What is the future of the military. Many people would argue that drones are the future. Drones have a long history of development tracing back to the America’s Civil War. A large issue that drones had during this time was that they were highly ineffective, this continued until the war in Afghanistan ware started. During the Afghanistan war, the production of the Predator Drone was commissioned. This has been the military’s most successful military asset because of its many different application that the Predator drone has.... [tags: Military, War, History]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Greater Language with Simpler Core In the Late Middle Ages, which was a period dominated by Latin language, a Spanish speaking Italian explorer Christopher Columbus decided to find a new sea lane to east by sailing west. Unbeknownst to him, he discovered a whole new continent. Little did Columbus know that not only did his voyage help ending one of the longest and darkest periods in Europe’s history, but it also made way for the English language world conquest half a millennium later. Today, English is one of the most widely spoken languages globally and perhaps the most common lingua franca in the world according to the British Council.... [tags: past, future, columbus, history]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- History is a series of important past events that connect with something. History is what makes people make better decisions. There are many definitions of history and everyone has their own. In my opinion , history is something that helps us remember the past , in order to better our future decisions. History is about the important past events that had a large impact back in the day, which contributed to the removal and or addition of certain things that build up our society today. People tend to do better once they become educated on what was going on in our past history.... [tags: History, Past, Future, Personal life, Historian]
1255 words (3.6 pages)
- What is history. Simply put, history is the study of past events. However, history is more than that. When people take a closer look on the history on the world, they gain remarkable knowledge that can be applied to the present. “Why Study History?” by Jerry H. Bentley, and “Why Study History?” by Peter N. Stearns, present their views on history. While their views may differ slightly, both explore the significance of history, and why people should study history regularly. The purpose of studying history may differ slightly from person to person.... [tags: Present, Time, History, Past, Future, Culture]
824 words (2.4 pages)
- The History and the Future of Christianity I am originally from Trinidad and Tobago that is located in the southern part of the Caribbean. Christianity is a way of life me back home because it's the most popular religion in my country. Christianity was first brought to our country by the England, who would colonize our country. During these times our country was inhabited by native Indians tribes. They were the Caribs and the Arawarks. When we were colonies by the English, they killed most of these Indian tribes who lived on the island.... [tags: Christianity Religion Religious History]
1540 words (4.4 pages)