... middle of paper ...
...Purvanova and Bono (2009) examined employee performance and satisfaction in a virtual organizations compared to a face-to-face organization. Results indicated greater satisfaction and overall performance from those employees of transformational leaders.
Further support for the impact of transformational leaders can be found in a study, Ruggieri (2009) that examined transformational and transactional leadership in relation to follower outcomes in interactive virtual contexts. In the findings the transformational leaders were described by followers as being more progressive innovative and being visionaries (Ruggieri).
Finally these findings can be found consistent with Hoyt and Blascovich’s (2003) study of a virtual interactive context whereby follower satisfaction was greater and motivation than those of transactional leaders. (Hoyt & Blascovich; Ruggieri).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- High school and Undergrad Students and their Education scenario in India – Tier 2 and 3 cities: Education system and Education curriculum for High school and under-grad students in India are majorly dependent on the job-oriented market. The level of coaching received by a student right from high school level is qualitative enough to crack his/her next level of Graduate entrance exams and pursue education in best educational institutions. Subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are the heroes in the curriculum, emphasizing only the need to gain ranks rather than teaching the potential of the same subjects that drive new inventions in the market.... [tags: Education, High school, History of education]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- Have you ever asked your average American for the easiest way to financial wealth. He would probably answer with one plan in mind: a Higher Education Degree. But where does its value come from. Is it valued for its physical credentials or its enhancing experiences on the individual. What defines its purpose as Higher Education. While many individuals might define Higher Education as a financial investment, Higher Education true definition roots to a societal investment that returns the collective goal of nurturing active and professional citizens to advance the future of society; it is the level of education that requires the collaboration of willing individuals and institutions to take plac... [tags: Higher education, Sociology, Education, University]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- There is no doubt that college education plays an important role in as far as the life of a student is concerned. With acquisition of education from colleges and other higher-learning institutions, individuals are opened up to many opportunities in different areas of specializations. Whereas college education is taken as the become of the American economy, this is not to imply that her are no challenges existing with the sector that would raise ethical questions. Despite their apparent effort to open their gates to a growing cadre of diverse students, many universities are reeling with extreme capitalistic principles that make education out of the reach of many.... [tags: University, Higher education, College, Education]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Education is an important part of one’s life. It can shape a student’s identity, challenge his biases, and encourage him to be inquisitorial and entrepreneurial in his thinking. Education can also push a student through institutions only to ascertain that he meets some minimum standard. Modern day high schools are graduating students in record numbers (Richmond 2013) , but the prevalence of remediation in higher education illustrates the structural failure of American public schools to effectively, adequately, and equitably educate students, especially indigent student populations (Strong American Schools).... [tags: American Education System]
1964 words (5.6 pages)
- In the United States there are about 5,000 colleges and over ten million students attending college. The average college student graduates with some leave or form of debt. The 2010 Census Bureau found that college graduates make an estimated $20,000 more a year. However, with all of this being said most college students have already dug a hole for themselves that they will never be able to get out of, even if they file for bankruptcy. Why are these issues not being addressed. Millions of people are being affected by the continually increasing tuition prices, but how many people does it need to affect before a solution is found.... [tags: Education, Academic degree, University]
1758 words (5 pages)
- Michaela (Mica) Martinez EDUC 165 Essay 2 On Discrimination in Schools and its Threat to Minority Students The social structures that are K-12 institutions play a pivotal role in the development of young people in America. Young students who are obligated to attend school arguably attain most of their understanding of the world within this system due to the influence of both their educators and their peers. Unfortunately, this influence has proven to be as bad as it has been good in many cases.... [tags: Education, School, Education in the United States]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- In the following I will discuss three salient limitations to this study. First, the purpose of this qualitative study is not to generalize its findings. Rather, this study desires to inform the work of three black female principals in the context of educational institutions: specifically, how they navigate in leadership roles. Second, the design and focus of the study desired to understand how school leaders understood the so-called achievement gap and their use of data based decisions to narrow the gaps.... [tags: High school, Education, Higher education, Teacher]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- Cheating in Academic Institutions Cheating has always been a problem in the history of academics. Academic institutions continue to develop new ways to prevent cheating from happening; while at the same time cheaters come up with even better ways to cheat. This conflict brings up many moral issues as well. To settle these issues, academic institutions create honor codes that show students that cheating is unacceptable and morally wrong; however, some students come up with their own reasons for getting around that code.... [tags: Education Morals Essays]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- Adequate student engagement through appropriate learning environments and supporting student to succeed in gaining higher education is the fundamental requirement of every educational institution, but the quality of American higher education since the growth of student campuses is questionable. During the 20th century, national reports were raising the issue of providing non-individual and passive environments on campuses which could not assist students in learning (Kezar & Kinzie, 2006). Furthermore, the educational institutions failed to assist in social or academic integration of transfer or international students, or promote diversity among international students and American students.... [tags: Educational Institutions, college]
1065 words (3 pages)
- The Military Social Institution is one of the three Primary Social Institutions. The military was initially established to help protect, as well as unify a country, but since it’s development, it’s done so plus more. The Military as a social institution has led to domination and conquering of sorts, while trying to balance morals and justifications. Since the military is run by the government, it can be assumed that not only does this institution try to control and rationalize, but also continue to boil over into much of the other institutions.... [tags: essays research papers]
1242 words (3.5 pages)
- Reasons for New Century's Decrease in Capitaliztion
- Evaluating Yield Management in the Commercial Aviation Sector
- Self-Regulation Strategy Development Assists Struggling Learners
- Difficulties with My Boyfriend, Jermaine
- The Roaring Twenties Was a Period of Great American Prosperity Build
- The Consequences of Reckless Decisions in Romeo and Juliet by Willam Shakespeare