Golden Screen Cinemas (GSC) is the largest chain of cinemas in Malaysia. The biggest cinema is located at Mid Valley Megamall. It houses 18 screen cinemas and has 2899 seats which are the largest in Malaysia. Back to the history, GSC was founded by the Ms.Koh Mei Lee in 1981 as a Golden Communication Circuit, while the other, Cathay is one of the oldest Cinemas in Malaysia. Golden Screen Cinema was founded in 1998 as a merger of Golden Communications (GC) Circuit and Cathay Cinemas. In Malaysia, there are 28 GSC cinemas with 238 screens as at 11 April 2013. The state with GSC are Johor (1), Kedah (1), Kuala Lumpur (6), Melaka (2), Negeri Sembilan (1), Pahang (3), Penang (3), Perak (1), Putrajaya (1), Sabah (2), Sarawak (2) and Selangor (6). More GSC are planned to open in the future whereas current outlets will be upgraded.
Website of the Golden Screen Cinemas is type of information websites that offers services. On the figure 1 it shows there is accurate information whereby there has a news box like top 10 movies @GSC, news highlight, news album, trailers, and international screen. All content must contain accurate information because on a figure 1.1: percentage on how engage is visitor to GSC website shown that 40% visits the website daily. We can estimate that 70% from that is to make reservation. In other aspect of content, it well purpose stated and labeling which the information has been organized by their categories.
2. Design and aesthetics
Golden Screen Cinemas (GSC) websites is categorized as an entertainment website. At the homepage, design of the websites contains flash movement, high g...
... middle of paper ...
...bility and availability of each page is function at the navigation menu. The layout of navigation menu is custom made at the top where user can easily navigate back where he/she wants.
All links are clearly labeled and serve an easily identified purpose but there’s a lack when there are too many link. Navigation menu at the top is great however the addition for a fast reservation and booking make the page look crowded and not standardize. Another lack is the use of yellow color is not too good to make it as a link color. It is not suitable.
1. Golden Screen Cinemas Malaysia. (2013, December 1). Golden Screen Cinema.
Retrieved from http://www.gsc.com.my/index.aspx: http://www.gsc.com.my
2. Site Info : Intranet.inc, A. (2013, December). GSC.com.my Site Info. Retrieved from
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The process of evaluating web sites is more than just looking the page over and deciding that it ‘looks’ legitimate. According to GCU Library, the process of evaluating a web site involves checking five categories: authority, accuracy, objectivity, currency, and coverage (LIBRARY). Each category requires you to look deeper than just the front page of a web site. I have evaluated two web sites, Womenshealth.com and Childtrends.org. I believe that both of these sites are excellent sources of information because they demonstrate authority, accuracy, objectivity, currency and coverage.... [tags: Website Evaluation]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- The website that has been chosen to be evaluated by me is IKEA’s website. IKEA website is actually one of the profit-making website. The website enables people to choose for their items and make a list before they make a real purchase at the real IKEA store. Basically, IKEA store is a store that provides home furnishing products such as sofas, beds, kitchen stuff, toiletries and some others. And even more, they had a showroom to inspire people to decorate their own house. So, in the website, there is also a preview of the showroom as it will helps for those that did not get a chance to go to the IKEA store.... [tags: Website Evaluation Essays]
1242 words (3.5 pages)
- Evaluation of a Website What has a hippo in common with a feather?” “What is the longest place name in the world?” “Can green ideas sleep furiously?” “Rim ember us poke in cent tense all mow stall ways con deigns word snot in then did.” These are just a few of the topics you will find under A Web of Linguistic Fun. Phantom Linguist, Bucknell University Professor Robert Beard, provides a unique collection of “fundamental subdisciplines of linguistics”(1). The website introduces linguistic terminology such as grammar, morphology, phonology, semantics, and syntax.... [tags: Evaluation Essays]
565 words (1.6 pages)
- Title: Remembering the Golden Days of Singapore’s cinemas in the 1970s Interviewee’s background/objective I have conducted an interview with my dad’s elder sister whose age was 59 this year. My aunt was born to a family of four. In the early days, her place of residence was a one room flat in Market Drive. Since young, her area of interest was film studies and scriptwriting. Despite going through financial hardship, she managed to graduate from Singapore’s polytechnic and started as a scriptwriter in TCS (Mediacorp).... [tags: popular culture, urbanization, teenagers]
1523 words (4.4 pages)
- Evaluation of The March of Dimes Website Did you ever consider everything that has to go exactly right for a baby to be born with out any birth defects, prematurity, or low birth weight. The answer is a lot, and according to the March of Dimes more then 460,000 babies are born prematurely every year in the United States alone (March of Dimes website). Recently, this statistic hit closer to home when a close friend of mine gave birth to her first child. At five months she was informed that her baby would be born prematurely with a hole in its diaphragm, a birth defect that could mean life or death.... [tags: Evaluation Essays]
656 words (1.9 pages)
- 1.0 INTRODUCTION I have decided to choose Sinar Harian website to evaluate it as ask by my lecture. Sinar Harian website is an online newspaper. For me, online newspapers can define as website that provides news and information about crime, sport, politic, academic, finance and many more to the users other than the printed one. Based on the definition that I get from the internet, the online newspaper or electronic newspaper is a self-contained, reusable and refreshable version of traditional newspaper that acquires and holds information electronically.... [tags: newspaper, use, online, free, design, developers]
2253 words (6.4 pages)
- Evaluation To evaluate the overall Website, I’d say that I made it consistently by keeping a recognisable colour scheme, keeping the elements in one style (Cartoony) and by keeping the background and button locations in the same place. I’d also say that I may have made the website for the wrong target audience; I did not notice this until after I had created the website. While the idea of “Dinosaurs and Robots” may, on paper, be for little kids I would think it wouldn’t keep any older children away.... [tags: overly simplistic design with a strange theme]
1462 words (4.2 pages)
- Now that we are living in an ever changing world, technology is viewed as the most resourceful tool in keeping up with the pace. Without the use of technology, communication would be limited to using mail for delivery and encyclopedias for research. Although technology has improved the way we communicate and find information for research, the information is not always valid. Unfortunately, for those of us who use the internet for shopping, research, or reading articles of personal interest the information is not treated the same as a your magazine or book.... [tags: Internet]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- In England in 2009 smoking attributed to over 81,000 deaths in those over 35 years old, 18 per cent of all deaths in this age group (IC. NHS, 2011). Over sixty years ago the causal link between smoking and lung cancer was recognized (Doll, R. and Hill, A., 1950). Since that time smoking has been linked to numerous types of cancer (IARC, 2002) and other diseases (NHS Choices, 2009). As a consequence the nurses' role in promoting smoking cessation is vital. Effectiveness in this role depends upon understanding the evidence in order to overcome any misunderstandings that patients may have.... [tags: Website Review]
2120 words (6.1 pages)
- There are several reasons organizations initiate performance evaluations, however the standard purpose for performance evaluations is to discuss performance expectations; not only from the employers perspective but to engage in a formal collaboration where the employee and the manager are both able to provide feedback in a formal discourse. There are many different processes an organization should follow when developing its performance evaluation tool; in addition essential characteristics that must accompany an effective performance appraisal process.... [tags: Human resource management, Evaluation, Management]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Social Changes in Canada in the First Half of the Twentieth Century
- Why and How Do Policy-Makers and Practitioners Intervene to Encourage New Firm Formation and Development?
- The Economic Case of Brazil
- Becoming a Registered Nurse
- IB/ALP Program Application
- From Brain Drain to Brain Gain (Mauritius): Can We Reverse It?