Real GDP (current year) - real GDP (previous year) x 100
Real GDP (previous year) 1
Economic Growth =
Up until the GFC, Australia had held a relatively stable level of economic growth hovering around 3.5%. Although not large growth, Australia was one of the rare economies (besides China) who had been through a period of consistent growth, with between 2%-5% growth between 1994-2007. This large level of consistent growth was largely afflicted to the increasing commodities prices, which had a huge impact on Australia’s exports as Australia is predominantly a exporter of mining materials particularly coal, iron ore and gold.
The Global Financial Crisis hit the Australian economy at a lesser intensity as to the rest of the world, largely due to government policy used to reduce the impact. Economic growth during the GFC slumped, with GDP growth falling from 3.7% in 2007/8 to 1% in 2008/2009. This slump in economic growth was linked to increasing unemployment rates, which will be spoken about further into the report.
The Global Financial Crisis forced the government to use the entire surplus and more that had been accrued during the Howard years, (which was recorded at $21 billion at the end of the 2007/8 financial year, and -$30 billion by the end of the 2008/9 financial year); however this use of funds was to great effect. Although many have been sceptical of how the government spent its stimulus package, (first injection ...
... middle of paper ...
...at which point Australia had an unemployment rate of 4.3%. Australia’s rate of unemployment has risen to 5.6% in late 2009, with prospects of higher rates of unemployment. This has required expansionary economic policies to raise aggregate demand levels and increase GDP growth.
There are a number of causes of unemployment in the economy. Some of these causes are:
• Level of economic growth
• Stance of macroeconomic policies
• Constraints on economic growth
• Rising participation rates
• Structural change
• Technological change
• Inadequate levels of training and investment
• Rapid increase in labour costs, and
• Inflexibility in the labour market
Australian Bureau of Statistics
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Executive Summary: The purpose of this report is to figure out the impacts and effects of GFC over the Australian Motor Industries which is said to be owned by TOYOTA, and this company has its own reputation for their products among the several other Automotive Industries in the present era. However even this industry has undergone a severe impact in accordance with the Global Financial Crisis which is said to be briefly discussed in this report. And entirely this report is done only in accordance with the Strategic management which has the various stages of analysis that evaluates about the industry in all the perspectives possible, further which some recommendati... [tags: GFC, Tyota, Dealership, Cars, Car Industry]
926 words (2.6 pages)
- ... Therefore, the demand for raising the leadership capabilities within organizations is mentioned in coping with the effects of the GFC (Monahan, cited in CEO Forum Group, 2013, p.2). Monahan claims that ‘Getting the right people in the right jobs has always been important for CEOs.’ Next, CEOs need to prepare real strategies to their workers whereas each worker needs to know how their career devotes to the overall objectives of the company. Monahan also suggests that he would make CEOs is to operate and approach new sources of information outside the traditional one.... [tags: innovative leadership approaches]
1463 words (4.2 pages)
- Internship Report Format 1. Title Page One original title page, prepared in the same format as the Sample Internship title is given at the end. Page submitted with the original signatures of Program coordinator. The date on the title page will depend on the semester you will receive your degree. 2. Acknowledgements If you wish, you may include a page with a brief note of dedication or acknowledgment of help received from particular persons. 3. Table of Contents The contents page should clearly and accurately index the page numbers of the various sections of the dissertation.... [tags: Internship Report]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- Employee Privacy Report 1 In this report, I will be addressing e-mail, Internet use, and privacy policies in my workplace; the current laws regulating employee e-mail and Internet privacy; the reasons to companies carry out e-mail and Internet use policies; the assumptions employees make about their privacy at work; and how these policies affect employee privacy at work. E-Mail and Internet Use , Privacy Policies The E-mail/Internet usage and privacy policies at my job are part of a system of written decisions established by the organization to support and to build a desire culture through managing risk, regulation, and administration.... [tags: Privacy Report]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- What caused the Global Financial Crisis (GFC). This was the first global financial crisis since the Great Depression of the 1930s; it spread at an un-parallel rate across the world (Claessens et al, 2013). In the aftermath of the Great Depression it was universally believed by economists that the unregulated financial markets were to blame as they were fundamentally unstable, subject to manipulation by bankers, and capable of triggering deep economic crises and political and social unrest (Crotty, 2009).... [tags: mortgages, risk, transparency]
1968 words (5.6 pages)
- Problem Gambling Service Coordination Demonstration Project Report 25 June 2010 Contents Project Background 3 Project Methodology and Outcomes 4 Project Deliverables 5 Project Report: Integrating Service Coordination & Problem Gambling Treatment 7 Recommended Actions 8 Appendices 9 Project Background The project is an initiative of the Victorian Government’s Taking Action on Problem Gambling Strategy (2006 – 2011) developed to enhance problem gambling treatment and the responsiveness of the problem gambling service system.... [tags: Project Report]
1526 words (4.4 pages)
- FINDINGS: Severe right-sided chest pain. The __ reported a friction rub. A PM lateral showed questionable mediastinal adenopathy. The patient had no cough or sputum production of ___. CT scan in ___ showed a possibility of a 1x2 cm right paratrachial lymphnode. Several smaller anteromediastinal lymphnodes which were all less than 1 cm were also evaluated. The patient was treated with Indocen with relief of her chest pain. ___ level was 64.5 with a ___ 50. PPD was negative, controls were positive.... [tags: Medical Report]
616 words (1.8 pages)
- How To Write A Great Report 1. Plan the report. Select an idea or topic for your report. Gather information for your report. Identify the information you want to include in your report. Remember you should have at least three ways to support the main idea of your report. Include details and specific information that will help you make your point. Write a draft. Review what you have written. Try reading the report out loud. It can help you catch mistakes. Check spelling and punctuation.... [tags: Report Writing]
176 words (0.5 pages)
- Confidential The names in this Observation Report have been changed to protect the privacy of the parents and the child. Student’s Name : Calvin Sex : Male Place of Observation : Inside the classroom of County Preschool. Time of Observation : In the morning, 10.30 a.m. and it was a sunny day. General View : • The classroom was pretty well organized ( clean, tidy and many facilities inside such as books, games, a computer and so on ) • It was a pretty large group in the class, 13 children were there and the teacher was present as well.... [tags: Direct Observation Report 2014]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- I observed an upper level biology class, in which the teacher is applying a combination of collaborative (team-based) learning, problem-solving approaches, discussions on "what-if" scenarios and student-teaching. Below you will find a general overview of the class, a crude analysis of reasons for various successes and problems, and finally a more detailed analysis of things to address in this particular class. Overview The class atmosphere was congenial and the students were actively engaged in discussion.... [tags: Teacher Observation Report 2014]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- Chaperones Should Be Present During Intimate Medical Examinations
- Harvard Renovation Project
- “Harnessing the Power of the Oh-So Social Web”
- Sex and the City Review
- "Pride and Prejudice": Exploring the Chasm Between Love and Marriage in Georgian England
- Teaching, Learning, and the Curriculum Statement