Summary of Method – The method that I choose was “Four Spiritual Laws.” The basic summary of this method of evangelism is there are four simple and straight forward points that evangelist must present in order to reach the person who is being evangelized. In other words, these four laws are constant and are needed in order to understand the Gospel and salvation. These laws include: God loves you, man is sinful and separated from God, Jesus Christ is God's only provision for man's sin, and we must individually receive Jesus as Savior and Lord.
Advantages of Using This Method: The Four Spiritual Laws has many advantages. The first one is that it starts off on a positive note. It starts with “God loves you.” That is actually very refreshing for a non-believer to hear. For many who have not converted yet to Christianity, they may feel as if God does not love them because of their sin however this could not be farther from the truth. God loves everything within his creation which is helpful for a non-believer to hear. Two more advantages that it has is its brevity and is organization. With this method the evangelist can be brief since there are only four laws that come with it. Non-believers may be turned off if the message is too lengthy or even difficult to understand. Thus by shorting it to four simple concise laws, it not only makes it easy for the evangelist to remember and state, but also keeps the non-believer interested and knowledgeable of the Gospel.
Disadvantages of Using This Method – There happen to be a couple of disadvantages to this method as well. The first is one is that it over-simplifies the process of being converted and the Gospel. The fact that those who are being preached to by the message ha...
... middle of paper ...
...t way to evangelize is to be brief, get the message across clearly and allowing the non-believer to ask questions at their own pace. This will make the non-believer feel like they are in control and not make them feel bombarded with information.
• "Choose Languages." The Four Spiritual Laws. Global Media Outreach, n.d. Web. 02 Dec. 2013.
• EVANGELISMHELP. "Door-to-door Evangelism." Door-to-door Evangelism. EVANGELISM HELP, 22 Jan. 2013. Web. 02 Dec. 2013.
• EVANGELISMHELP. "“Evangelism” Methods: Lifestyle Evangelism." “Evangelism” Methods: Lifestyle Evangelism. EVANGELISM HELP, 22 Jan. 2013. Web. 01 Dec. 2013.
• "Methods of Evangelism – Lifestyle Evangelism (Part One)." The Virtuous Girls. Virtuous Girls, 21 Mar. 2013. Web. 02 Dec. 2013.
• Slick, Matt. "The Four Spiritual Laws." CARM. Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry, n.d. Web. 02 Dec. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction In the following essay I will be talking about the differences and similarities between state and tribal hunting laws such as general provisions, the Game and Fish Department, licenses and permits, regulations, etc. I will also mention how they enforce penalties to the people who break the rules of the state and tribal Game and Fish Department. State Hunting Laws State hunting laws are what hunters like me follow. If there were no laws for hunting I think the animal population would decrease and some animals could possibly become extinct.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1227 words (3.5 pages)
- In The Ladder of Monks four stages of spiritual exercise are interpreted in which with proper use bring monks closer to God. Each of the exercises are representative of the rungs on a ladder leading to the heavens from the created earth. In separation, the rungs have properties that when used in order are able to pursue the heavens. The role each rung plays in terms of relation to the human self performs a gesture to the whole ladder. In this explanation of studying the scripture, mauling it over, and extracting knowledge with reason, the exercises are not used in contrast with each other.... [tags: Meditation, Spirituality, Prayer, Contemplation]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- Throughout time, mankind has persistently been seeking ways to maintain their health and to cure those that had not been so fortunate in that task. Just about everything has been experimented with as a cure for some type of illness; whether physical, spiritual or mental. There has always been evidence of spiritual healing and it will continue to be an important part of any healing process, large or small. In particular the roots of Native American Medicine men (often a woman in some cultures) may be traced back to ancient times referred to as Shaman.... [tags: spiritual healing, medicine, Native Americans, Sha]
1088 words (3.1 pages)
- Spirituality, is a concept that everyone in the world takes part in whether they are fully aware of it or not. Personally, I have always considered myself to be a spiritual person; however, I never realized that spirituality does not necessarily have to be part of a religion. I considered myself spiritual because I consistently attended church on Sunday mornings, bible study on Wednesday nights, and youth group activities throughout the weeks. My sense of spirituality has always involved religion of some sort until coming to college.... [tags: Meditation, Spirituality, Spiritual practice]
1279 words (3.7 pages)
- What method of evangelism did you use and how did you start the conversation. The method of evangelism that I used for my witness report was the “Four Spiritual Laws.” I chose this method because it is simple straight to the point, and has facts that I believe cannot be disputed. It is also quick and simple to explain. How I started the conversation was simple actually, for a while one of my family members has been confused about if there is a god or not and the last time I came home we spoke about what I have learned down at Liberty.... [tags: our Spiritual Laws]
670 words (1.9 pages)
- ... These laws say that abortion is legal in health and therapeutic situations. This law can be interpreted in different ways so it is not always effective. When these laws do not mention anything about the mental and emotional changes a woman goes through during pregnancy, it is said to be protecting physical health only. The third category only protects the mental health of woman and justifies abortion because of distress that could be caused by rape or incest. A professionally diagnosed fetal impairment can also be grounds for an abortion.... [tags: human rights, fetus, pro-life]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success Following the Seven Spiritual Laws of Success has made me the person that I am today. The laws that we have followed have been the Law of Pure Potentiality, the Law of Giving, the Law of Karma or Cause and Effect, the Law of Least Effort, the Law of Intention and Desire, the Law of Detachment, and the Law of Dharma or Purpose in Life. These laws have taught me that success is not a destination it is a journey. They have taught me that true success is the unfolding of the divinity within us.... [tags: Papers]
1983 words (5.7 pages)
- When people think of Buddhism, the first things they would generally think about are monks and temples. However, that is not all of what Buddhism is really about. Buddhism is a popular religion, a belief system that relates humanity to an order of existence, like many others such as Christianity and Catholicism. Buddhism encompasses many traditions and beliefs based off the teachings of the Buddha, mainly focusing on peace, compassion, and relief from suffering. (insert source here) Buddha Shakyamuni, the founder of Buddhism, is known to be an enlightened being who revealed a spiritual path of peace, love, and wisdom.... [tags: Buddhism, Gautama Buddha, Four Noble Truths]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- The characteristics of writers are success involves a lot of respect, personal growth , and other internal measure of value , religious , cultural values and other various external factors. All of these things are integrated in a writer who play a role, the most important thing is something spiritual ecology , especially writers emotional experience . Some people did not go through advanced , standardized training , but it has also become a good writer . However, In fact, we should understand that for writers , for their spiritual ecosystem Writers cause is very important.... [tags: writer, emotions, methods, literary]
1422 words (4.1 pages)
- The area of Spiritual gifts is one which holds great interest for me. The thought that the different areas of effectiveness and skills are from God is interesting. I grew up with the teaching that we had God given abilities but never equated these with "spiritual gifts". They were just skill that we had been born with. I felt that our genetics and social conditioning had as much to do with these "gifts" as the Holy spirit did. Since there are non-Christians who exhibit these same abilities and gifts and when I was not a Christian I still had the desire to encourage others (encouragement is my spiritual gift).... [tags: Christian Spiritual Gifts]
1601 words (4.6 pages)