The main purpose of this report was to evaluate and research the financial information about Priceline during the past five years to evaluate the future developing of the company.
In order to perform my research, I used Priceline’s 10 K report to get the financial information that was needed for this research. In addition, I used the company’s website where I found basic information about Priceline history and also other businesses that Priceline’s group owns. Yahoo finance and Priceline’s website assisted me with their presentation of financial charts and analysis of them. I found very useful Forbes website, where I was able to find out a lot of information about Priceline and its subsidiaries. Social responsibility and Ethics practiced by Priceline were part of the research and its website was very useful in my research. Also the textbook helps me with basic concepts and, played an important role in finding information. Yahoo and Google were the search engines that I widely used to find information about Priceline, and its direct competitors such as Expedia.
Part II: Introduction and History
Priceline is a business service industry and according to the website Funding Universe, Priceline, is an Internet-based company that created a ticketing service called "Name Your Own Price" that matched customers to airlines. The company was formally created in 1997, and his president was Jay Walker The company headquarters is located in Connecticut (“Priceline.com Incorporated History”).
Funding Universe, also adds that Priceline is a transactional service that offers products in two categories: a travel service that offers leisure airline tickets, hotel rooms, r...
... middle of paper ...
“Breaking Down Priceline’s Business and Stock Drivers.” Forbes. Forbes, n.d. Web. 25 March 2014.
"Code of Business Conduct and Ethics." Priceline.com. priceline.com incorporated, 12 April 2007. Web. 26 Mar 2014. Pdf.
Drew, Kathryn. “Stock Highlight: priceline.com.” Value Line. Value Line, 29 May 2013. Web. 25 March 2014.
“Price-Earnings Ratio – P/E Ratio.” Investopedia. Investopedia US, A Division of IAC., n.d. Web. 25 March 2014.
"Priceline.com Inc." Google finance. Google. Web. 26 Mar 2014.
"Priceline.com Incorporated History.” Funding Universe. Funding Universe, n.d. Web. 20 Feb 2014.
“Priceline Sisterhood.” Prezi. Prezi Inc., 07 Nov. 2013. Web. 25 March 2014.
“Return on Equity.” Investopedia. Investopedia US, A Division of IAC., n.d. Web. 25 March 2014.
“Return on Sales.” Investopedia. Investopedia US, A Division of IAC., n.d. Web. 25 March 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Performing a financial analysis of a company allows an investor or creditor to fully understand the make-up of that particular company. For Pepsi Co, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Companies the below vertical and horizontal analysis along with selected ratios provide details on each company to allow comparison between them. Pepsi Co, Inc. shows a great deal of assets and property ownership while The Coca-Cola Companies net revenue is lower their net income is higher. The Pepsi Co, Inc. has more assets than the Coca-Cola Company, but more of their assets are owned by creditors.... [tags: Financial Analysis, Financials, economics, ]
1757 words (5 pages)
- Evaluating a company’s financial condition can be done by looking at its profitability or its ability to satisfy long-term commitments. These measures can be viewed through an analysis of a company’s financial statements, including the balance sheet and income statement. This paper will look at the status of Scholastic Company’s (Scholastic) ability to satisfy its long-term commitments and at the profitability of Daktronics, Inc. (Daktronics). This paper will include various financial ratio calculations and an analysis of the notable trends.... [tags: Financial Analysis]
2133 words (6.1 pages)
- Apple Inc: Financial Analysis Problem 1: Liquidity Analysis: Liquidty Ratios are used to judge short term solvency of the company as if it have sufficient working capital to pay off its short term obligation. Generally two measures of Liquidity Ratios are used by analyst to adjudge the liquidity position of the company: • Current Ratio • Quick Ratio/Acid Test Ratio 1) Current Ratio: Calculated as ratio of Current Asset and Current liability, this liquidity ratio is considered to be true indicator of a firm’s liquidity.... [tags: Financial Analysis]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- Before you make an investment into any company, you would need to first take the time to review and study the financial records of the company. I have been given the opportunity to review the financial records of two major companies; Pepsi Co and The Coca Cola Company and decided which company is more financially sound. In order to make the best choice, I will look at the three financial statement analyses on each company and compare them. The three tools of financial statement analysis that I will review are the Horizontal Analysis which evaluates a series of financial statement data over a period of time.... [tags: Financial Analysis, economics, ]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- Interpublic Group (IPG) is a multi-global company specializing in consumer advertising, digital marketing, communications planning and media buying, public relations and specialty marketing. As one of the leading marketing company, it is imperative that IPG successfully performs a financial management analysis to remain competitive and financially stable. An effective financial management analysis will incorporate financial ratios to determine the overall financial condition of IPG. According to Gitman and Zutter (2015), liquidity refers to the solvency of a company’s overall financial position.... [tags: Financial ratio, Financial ratios, Asset]
1051 words (3 pages)
- Financial statements are formal reports which show the current financial position of an entity. There are three main types of financial statements; the balance sheet, the income statement and the cash flow statement (Business Dictionary, 2016). Financial statement analysis refers to the analysis and interpretation of those three main financial statements. It can also be defined as understanding the risk and profitability of an entity (Ready Ratios, 2013). There are different techniques of financial statement analysis including ratio analysis, vertical or common size analysis and horizontal analysis or trend analysis.... [tags: Financial statements, Balance sheet, Ratio]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- RATIO AND FINANCIAL STATEMENT ANAYLSIS Ratio and Financial Statement Analysis can be seen as a means to an end i.e. Ratio analysis is a financial tool to derive a Financial Statement. Financial Analysis are accounting reports in respect of economic activities prepared periodically to measure the performance of the business. It could also be said to be the analysis established for evaluating the performance of companies. Such criteria are used as parameters in deciding whether the organisation is performing satisfactorily or not.... [tags: Financial ratio, Financial ratios, Balance sheet]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- Salem Telephone Company Financial Analysis In 2001, Salem Telephone Company created a subsidiary, Salem Data Services (SDS). The intent of creating SDS was to provide a revenue stream to subsidize the telephone operations and alleviate the need for a rate increase. Unfortunately, after 3 years, SDS has not met profit expectations. In fact, SDS continued to experience losses at the rate of $40-$45k per month making it necessary to reassess operations. While providing services to both internal and external customers, SDS found that their computer system had surplus capacity to support additional commercial sales.... [tags: Business Financial Analysis]
1279 words (3.7 pages)
- 1) The WACC is basically computed by the sum of multiplying the costs per component to its respective proportional weight (how much that company uses a certain cost of capital) [See Appendix 1]. As financial management is focused on the maximization of the stock price, an optimal structure of costs based on these three factors is needed. In SIVMED’s case, based on the definition of WACC, all capital bases should be included in its WACC. These include its common stock, preferred stock, bonds and long-term borrowings.... [tags: Financial Analysis Finance Accounting]
1403 words (4 pages)
- Summary Priceline.com is an e-commerce site which when founded in 1998, brought forth a new angle to conduct business. Traditionally marketers scan the market to determine which prices purchasers are willing and able to pay for products or services. The sellers then offer their product for a price which meets their internal criteria. With priceline, instead of the seller setting the price, the buyer makes an offer of what he or she is willing to pay and sellers compete for the buyers business. This innovation represented a first in that general non commercial consumers have never been able to name the price they will pay and have sellers respond.... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy Management]
846 words (2.4 pages)