Essay PreviewMore ↓
Efficiently use of resources and data: Installation of new equipment should be kept to a minimum in order to enhance the economic benefit from this system. The available data from the existing infrastructure should be utilized to the largest possible extent, making use of the same data for multiple functionalities. The different possible sources from which the data may be acquired will pose challenges, with each data recorder having its own sampling frequency, time stamp as well as propriety format. The AFAS system must be capable of relating all this data and subsequently extract the relevant information from it for analysis. In order to make utmost use of the data, the results of the same analysis may be presented to different user along the hierarchy of the power system, such that only the relevant details are conveyed. Another important factor to be kept in mind is the time required to process the data; since it will be proportional to the system complexity and number of data sets to be considered. Prioritization on data set to be considered and running important application can be made allowing information to be sent as and when required, rather waiting for processing all the applications.
Improve system operation: Any interruption to the normal operation of the system has to be reported and analyzed by AFAS. Even if there is no interruption to the supply but faulty conditions exist, they should be picked up. The system should ensure the correct functioning of the protection system and prompt the respective operators to change any setting as may be deemed necessary by analysis. Reports should be communicated to the concerned personnel, informing about state of the system and corrective measures to be taken, if any. This will vary according to the authority and area of interest. For example: Following an event, line man in the substation has to rectify the issue and restore the outage element at the earliest. The substation engineer will analyze the operation of protective devices and modify the settings if required. Personnel sitting in a load dispatch centre will identify the equipment outage and take necessary action to keep system under normal operating state.
How to Cite this Page
"Field Assest Services in Computer Systems." 123HelpMe.com. 22 Aug 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Computers have changed our lives in many many different ways. We do a lot of things from computers and our portable devices such as get music, watch videos, pay bills, order dinner, keep connected with friends on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter, take college classes online, and many other things that I could make a 5 page list of all the things it can help us do straight from home but that would bore you to death. Now that I have told you how computers have changed our lives and how they are used in daily life let me tell you the importance of the people working in computers and IT.... [tags: Job, Computer Systems, Career]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- To: Incoming Computer Science Students From: Christopher Beberness Subject: Vulnerability Assessment Analysis Date: October 8, 2016 Purpose The vulnerability assessment is used in the cyber security field of the computer science. The purpose of this report template is to effectively convey information conducted from a penetration test on a company’s network. Background The vulnerability assessment report is comprised of any exploit or possible weaknesses found in a company’s network while conducting a penetration test as well as a level of risk and how it can be addressed .... [tags: Computer security, Computer, Security]
1049 words (3 pages)
- 1.0 Introduction An operating system (OS) is a software program that manages the hardware and software resources of a computer. The operating system is an essential component of the system software in a computer system. The operating system programs make system resources available to user(s), the user’s application programs and to other application programs running on the computer. (From Silberschatz and Gagne et al., 2010) Some operating systems are designed to be convenient, others to be efficient and some combination of the two (From Silberschatz and Gagne et al., 2010).... [tags: Hardware, Software, Computer, Operating Systems]
2389 words (6.8 pages)
- Did your phone just ring. Or was that your computer notifying you of a new email. Since the Digital Revolution and the addition of digital electronics like the personal computer, software-based technology has always been an essential aspect of our lives. Something that would have taken up an entire classroom can now fit within the grasp of your hands thanks to the efforts of various computer scientists and engineers, making our lives much easier. My passion for both software and hardware behind it stems from having been fortunate enough to be introduced to it at a young age.... [tags: Computer, Software engineering, Computation]
1066 words (3 pages)
- Introduction Computer systems can be found in varying environments, these are; at home, in businesses, computer gaming, networking and real-time situations. Computers systems can be classified into the following categories; microcomputers, minicomputers, mainframes and super computers. Different environments will have certain computer systems which are appropriate for that setting. Microcomputers can be categorised as personal computers (PC’s) and mobile computers. Mobile computers can be devices such as laptops, PDA’s, smart phones and tablets.... [tags: Personal computer, Computer, Mainframe computer]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- Brought up in a competitive environment and a family that believes in a value system backed by my curiosity towards computer technology, I was first introduced to Computers when my daily experimentations on my neighbor’s PC influenced my parents who got me a computer. Cracking puzzles, solving problems have always intrigued me and the fields involving logic and application of the technology have always been my areas of interest. One of my cousins had pursued a degree in Computers for undergraduate studies followed by a Master’s degree from a reputed American University.... [tags: computer networks, database]
694 words (2 pages)
- Cyber security is defined as the protection of information on computer systems and the protection of the hardware that supports or stores the information on computers or servers. This level of protection can include controlling physical access to the hardware, as well as protecting against harm that may come from local or remote network access, data and code injection and due to malpractice by system operators, who may have been tricked by outside personnel to place the system in a compromising situation.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Computer]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Technology development has induced different aspects that are used in computer software and hardware systems. The major consideration is achievement of the users’ safety and preventing their private information from being accessed by the third party. The criminals seek to get the passwords to the vital information and hence through the developed computer system development and technology, they have been using their expertise in vandalizing people’s accounts. It is advisable for the users to have different strong password that defines their accounts in order to protect their privacy (Kangas, 2003).... [tags: Computer, Personal computer, Cryptography]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- I am proposing to write about becoming a network and computer systems administrator, one of the reasons I chose this field to do my final project on is I am already in this field of work and feel that I have a fairly good background and plenty of information to share with others. I started in the Information Technology field in 2000 as a System Support Specialist for a fairly good sized Insurance Company. I have always like computer and figuring out what makes them work so when I had the chance to apply for a job in this field I jumped at it.... [tags: Computer Job Careeres]
1581 words (4.5 pages)
- Scenario 1 Sarah’s Flower Designs is a fledgling, home-based business in Madison, Wisconsin, consisting of three employees. Sarah, the owner, handles all of the floral arrangements. Her assistant, Mark, handles the purchasing of flowers, related materials, and takes telephone and walk-in orders from customers. Mark also keeps the financial and client records in order. Kim is the delivery driver and makes local deliveries to homes and businesses. Sarah’s Flower Designs is looking to upgrade its computer system (an older model PC) to help keep up with the growing demand of their customers.... [tags: Computer System Technology]
1171 words (3.3 pages)
Optimally utilize manpower: Although the recording and collection of data is automated, much manpower is exhausted in repetitive and manual tasks involved in analyzing system faults. By performing simple analysis and report generation automatically with minimal inputs from system operators, AFAS frees up the personnel to concentrate on more complex tasks, while speeding up the response times to the faults. This helps to reduce the outage duration, while the analyses of complex cases might help to formulate better action plans in response to the forced outages.
Ensure adequate protection: Mal-operation of the protection system puts the whole power system at risk. The AFAS system will oversee the operation of various relays and breakers in the system and ensure they are operating as desired. In case of relays, the various setting may be crosschecked to ensure their co-ordination. Similarly, the different breaker operations may be recorded and verified. In case of sluggish operation or total failure they may be inspected and treated appropriately. Depending on the number of inputs available, the state of various protection equipments may be evaluated to varying depths. E.g., if the current waveforms, breaker operating times as well as control circuit details are available, the breaker performance can be thoroughly investigated