There was an unforgettable experience with a cat on the stress. After I got off the bus and toward my aunt’s house, a cat came up to me. It was the first time happen to me that a cat was very affectionate to me. And it persistently rubbed against my legs. I was a little scared, and I did not know what to do because it looked different from the common cats that I saw. I stood a while and looked at the cat. A few minutes later, I continued walked toward my aunt’s house, and I saw the cat followed me for a block. After that, I knew this behavior was one of the symptoms of estrus, and I thought if that cat was a feral cat, how it lived. Cats are adorable animals, and they are one of my favorite pets. However, not every cat has its owner, some of them are born into wildness, and they don’t have settled, safe places to live. Amy, who is a writer at the website Love Meow, published there were 175 feral cats were found by volunteers in San Francisco Bay in 2004 (Amy, par. 1). Although it sounded not too big amount of feral cats in San Francisco Bay, the number of feral cats could increase rapidly if nobody cared about it. Feral cats are good at preying small animals; however, their need to treat correctly by controlling their reproduction and feeding, and their living problems are connected with the changes of a neighborhood in San Francisco Bay.
Feral cats are good at preying small animals, and their skill have relationship with human for over thousand decades. Feral cats live in the wild. They have to prey small animals in order to survive. I saw a whole process of a feral cat caught a mouse in my backyard. Finally, it caught the mouse and left away. My fruits in my backyard were protected by the feral...
... middle of paper ...
... cats feel safe at this place and want to socialize with humans. As the community is improving, there are more social resources share to residents. The community will care about the happiness of residents, community facilities, sanitation, and stray animals. Residents can get more help from the community. Resident and feral cats can pleasantly live in the same neighborhood. If a neighborhood is still in an unsafe, unclean environment and have a lot of dissatisfaction, the presence of feral cats makes residents more worry.
Overall, feral cats also need to be take care of because most of them are the next generation of abandoned cats. Furthermore, it is glad that there are a number of organizations, programs, and communities in San Francisco Bay are helping abandoned animals, such as feral cats. Hopefully, more people can adopt a pet instead of buying in the future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cats are one of the most beloved pets to humans beings. Though they provided a sense of comfort and love, there is a dark side to these soft, adorable, felines. Cats, both domestic and feral, poses a serious threat to native bird populations in the United States and health risk to both people and other animals. It is important that people realize the impact that feral cats have in the environment that they inhabit and how it not only effects other species, but us humans as well. Feral cats have no form of human interaction and therefore are difficult and or nearly impossible to assimilate as a regular house pet.... [tags: predation instincts, pets]
1393 words (4 pages)
- Feeding Behavior in Feral and Domestic Cats During the course of evolution, a species may change drastically. Adaptations in behavior and in physical characteristics are both important to survival. Some behaviors of a species may be learned, while others may be genetically determined. It is likely that most behavior are a combination of genetic makeup and learning. Learned behaviors are essential to survival because they can change to meet the demands an organism’s current situation. Genetically determined behaviors are advantageous because they are automatic and take place in the absence of learning.... [tags: Papers]
1719 words (4.9 pages)
- Like most nonnative, invasive species, feral swine (Sus scrofa) in the United States has an increasingly negative impact on native plants. If left unchecked, feral swine will become responsible for the permanent destruction of many plant communities as well as endangering native plant populations. Nonnative species can also be called alien, exotic, or nonindigenous. Their presence is due to humans dispersing them to other locations beside their native habitat, or by humans creating environmental conditions that allow their growth.... [tags: Feral Hogs, Plant Communities]
2713 words (7.8 pages)
- Stories about children who were adopted and raised by wolves, monkeys, and bears appear from time to time. These reports are causing dismay or amaze readers of journalistic chronicles. In the middle ages, these "little savages" were seen as a symbol of chaos, heresy, insanity, and curse of God. These are those children, who have never seen humans; therefore, their behavior and attitude is very distant from normal human children. It is so amazing that different species are able to live so closer to other species with no fear or hesitation.... [tags: Psychology, Human, Feral child, Amala and Kamala]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- For eighteen years, I have always lived in a house with two dogs and two cats. Within those eighteen years, I have been through three dogs, but always had two around the house. In those eighteen years, the two cats have always been the same, until one had an unexpected decline in his health. Chester, the mouthy Russian blue feline, had become sick and was no longer acting normal. Unfortunately, as a family of four, we decided to euthanize him. We did it out of mercy. We also euthanized our second cat, Sammy, out of the mercy of him becoming a lost soul in the house, always trying to find Chester.... [tags: Cat, Cats, Cat communication, Cat coat genetics]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Everyone has felt the weight of the world coming down on them at some point in their life. Whether they knew it or not this is a symptom of suffering from stress. Throughout this paper I will be discussing stress factors, types of stress, stress disorders and ultimately how to cope with stress. Stress can result in psychological, physiological, and sociological effects. By definition, stress is any uncomfortable "emotional experience accompanied by predictable biochemical, physiological and behavioral changes.”(Baum 1990) There are three levels of stress; acute, episodic, and chronic.... [tags: Posttraumatic stress disorder, Stress]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- Mowgli from The Jungle Book, Tarzan, and Donnie from The Wild Thornberrys: all of these characters are examples of how feral children depicted in modern cartoons. When they hear the term “feral” people often immediately think of children taken in and raised by wild animals. But, the term is actually defined as someone who is not socialized. “The term “feral” (wild) man is applied to extreme cases of human isolation” (Brownfield 79) but the term is also applied to “incidents of children who were isolated, confined, or restricted by malevolent adults so that their early social and sensory experience was severely limited and resulted in dramatic and often serious personality consequences” (Brow... [tags: Mowgli, tarzan, modern cartoons]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- Flea Control for Dogs and Cats Many Americans have a four-legged member of their family in their home. Most people deal with housebreaking problems, pet hair on furniture, and an occasional broken lamp because all the friendly welcomes home outweigh these minor problems. When the weather begins to get warmer, these pet owners begin to cringe with the thought of spring. It can only mean one thing; flea season and the circus of giving flea baths and dips is about to start. But in the past few years, there has been a break through in scientific technology allowing both owners and pets to rest easier.... [tags: Pets Dogs Cats Essays]
416 words (1.2 pages)
- Your chance of surviving a fall of 50 feet (approximately 4 stories) is about 50%, while almost no one who falls 6 stories will be around to tell their tale. However, in a study conducted by Manhattan veterinarians, Drs. Wayne Whitney and Cheryl Mehlhaff, it was discovered that out of 115 cases of cats falling (accidentally) from multi-story heights, 90% of them survived. An even more surprising result is that if a cat falls from more than 7 stories its chance of survival doubles, compared to a cat having fallen from 2 to 7 stories (a story averages about 12 feet).... [tags: physics cat cats fall land feet]
1230 words (3.5 pages)
- The musical “Cats” is an outstanding show that captivates audiences of all ages. It is based on a book of poems called, “Old Possum’s Book Of Practical Cats”, written by T.S. Eliot. “Cats” tells a nonsense story of different cats. The amazing music, unique costumes, and intricate dance choreography bring a breath-taking story to life that a leaves a lasting impression on the viewer. T.S. Eliot’s poems from his “Old Possum’s Book Of Practical Cats”, not only inspired the play “Cats”, but are also used as the lyrics for all of the songs in the play.... [tags: essays research papers]
552 words (1.6 pages)
- Gun Control And The Government Should Put More Restrictions On Firearms
- Masculinity Is A Concept First Popularized By Sociologistr.w Connell
- An Individual With An Autism Spectrum Disorder ( Asd )
- Children 's Safety And Wellbeing
- Aristotle 's Argument Of Popularity
- The Industrial Revolution : The Cotton Gin And Interchangeable Parts By Eli Whitney