Parfaits are happy; they look charming and whimsical, especially if you layer them perfectly in real parfait glasses. You can put as many layers as you like, as long as the chocolate and whipped cream do not mix and ruin the effect. If you crave a chocolate mousse presentation instead, fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until it is completely incorporated.
Under 30 Minutes, Make Ahead
1 avocado, peeled and pitted
¼ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup egg white protein powder
¼ cup water
½ teaspoon stevia
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
1½ cups heavy (whipping) cream
¼ teaspoon stevia
1. Place the avocado, cocoa powder, egg white protein powder, water, stevia, cinnamon, and salt in a blender.
2.…show more content… Blend until the pudding is smooth and thick, adding more water to adjust the texture.
3. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the heavy cream and stevia until firm peaks form, about 5 minutes.
5. Set up 4 parfait or regular glasses.
6. Spoon 1 tablespoon of chocolate pudding into the glasses and top with 2 tablespoons of whipped cream. Repeat the layering until all the pudding is used up and you end with whipped cream on the top.
7. Chill the parfaits in the refrigerator until you want to serve them.
You do not need an ice cream maker to create ice cream, although the texture might not be as creamy as products created in an appliance. Pour the ice cream mixture in a stainless steel baking dish and place the dish in the freezer. Take the dish out every 30 minutes and stir the mixture, scraping any frozen sections off the sides and bottom. Continue this process until the entire mixture is frozen, about 6 hours.
1 cup sour cream
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 tablespoons egg white protein