October 23, 2017
Free Essay: The King of Pop
“The King of Pop”, otherwise known as Michael Jackson, was a living legend for his music. Some of his most famous songs include Thriller, Billie Jean, and Bad. Michael Jackson started very young with his musical career, and eventually become the name we all know him by, “The King of Pop”
Michael Jackson was born on August 29, 1958, in Gary, Indiana. He was the eighth child of ten children. The Jacksons were a big family with three girls and six boys, including Michael. Their financial situation wasn’t very good since they lived in a 2-bedroom house. Both parents worked, but they still couldn’t get enough for all their children.
He entered the music industry very young. In 1964, he joined the Jackson Brothers, the family band as a backup singer. One year later, he would become lead singer with his brother Jermaine, and the band name would change to the Jackson 5. They started out small, but they later became one of the biggest bands of the 1970’s with many chart-topping singles. Jackson would later become a teen idol and move into a solo career, be he would still maintain ties with the Jackson 5.
Michael suffered during his childhood. He was whipped and verbally abused by his father, sometimes more than the rest of his siblings. Although Joe Jackson, Michael’s father, did cause damage to Michael, he says that his strictness had an impact of him being successful. Even though he was a huge success very young, that didn’t stop him from suffering childhood problems like nightmares, sleeping problems, and self-esteem issues regarding his looks.
His first album as an official solo artist was called Off the Wall which was his first successful alb...
... middle of paper ...
...memorial would be one of the most watched memorials of all-time next to Ronald Reagan’s burial and Princess Diana’s funeral. Michael Jackson’s death and his career would leave one of the biggest impacts in the music industry ever.
There are a few reasons that Michael was a huge success at his time. One reason is that he was already a star at a young age and this paved the way to stardom. Another reason is that he crossed genres with his songs which showed he was unique with his style. But with every success story, there’s always some controversy.
Several controversies followed him throughout his life, which impacted him greatly. There was the skin bleaching scandal, the sexual abuse allegations, the label scandal, and the divorces. Even though there were many obstacles in the way, Michael Jackson rose to the top and will forever be remembered as “The King of Pop”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Willis Wise Mr. Farris Rhetoric 1 November 21, 2017 Michael Jackson Michael Jackson "The King of Pop". Who was Michael Jackson. What did he do. Was he a bad person. Was he really as twisted as people said he was. These questions are often asked when people think of Michael Jackson. Today we are going to answer these questions. Michael was born on August 29, 1958. He was a best-selling American singer, songwriter, and dancer. As a child, Jackson became the lead singer of his family's popular Motown group, the Jackson 5.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- Michael Jackson was born on August 29, 1958, and raised in Gary, Indiana by Katherine Jackson and Joe Jackson. Michael Jackson’s parents had a total of nine children and he was the seventh to be born. His singing career initiated at the young age of 5 and was the lead singer of the Jackson 5. The Jackson 5 consisted of the five brothers: Jackie, Jermaine, Tito, Marlon and lead singer Michael. They would play at local clubs and bars, however, fortunately, as their talent thrive, their audience expanded.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, La Toya Jackson]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Michael Jackson lived in different place in and not around America like Never lands Ranch, Los Angeles, Gary, and a country called Bahrain. He was born in a small town called Gary, IN. Michael Jackson died in Holmby Hills, Los Angeles, CA. He died at June 25, 2009. Michael Jackson is the highest- earning deceased artist. Michael Jackson said he that he sounds like Minnie Mouse in his song The Jackson 5. Michael Jackson wear a gloved on his o his left hand he had to cover his vitiligo it a patches of pigment on the skin in his case it was on his hand.... [tags: Michael Jackson, Death of Michael Jackson]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- Vitiligo is a skin disease in which there is a loss of pigment (color) from areas of skin, ending in abnormal patches that feel like normal skin. Vitiligo affects 0.5-1% of people worldwide. That means about two million people are affected by this disease in this country alone. Compared to how many people live on this earth , the number isn’t that large. It’s pretty rare to have this disease. One of the two million people that was affected by this disease was a music icon, the king of pop, Michael Jackson.... [tags: Vitiligo, diseases, Michael Jackson, ]
1838 words (5.3 pages)
- Michael Jackson was given the title, the “King of Pop”, for very good reason; he captured audiences with his catchy lyrics, amazing dance moves, and dazzling outfits. His legacy has lived beyond the grave, as his music is played on the radio, his concert movie, This Is It, was released after his death, and people are still moonwalking and doing the Thriller dance. Michael inspired, and was adored by many, but his music did much more than just entertain. He sang about racial and social injustices and broke down the musical barriers of his time.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Janet Jackson]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- Michael Jackson Michael Jackson is a name that is known worldwide. People either love him or hate him, but no one has ever denied that he had talent. This sing songwriter became the King of Pop as he transformed the face of pop music and popular culture across the nation. He started out as the lead singer of the Jackson family popular Motown group called the Jackson 5 (Michael Jackson Biography, n.d.). From there on he began breaking numerous records. As a solo artist, he received multiple Grammys and Guinness world records.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Janet Jackson]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Born to Joseph and Katherine Jackson, MIchael was born on August 29, 1958 in Gary, Indiana. He was the youngest sibling out of 5 but that did not stop his talent from shining through. In the early 1960’s, Michael’s father put together a music group using his sons, which later became known as the Jackson 5 (“Michael Jackson Biography”). Even from an early age, Michael was able to touch the lives of many people. At a young age, Michael became the lead singer of the Jackson 5 because of his voice range and depth.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Katherine Jackson]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Most people have heard of Michael Jackson in their lifetime, his songs have been played in countless of movies, “Thriller” is played every October, but people might not know how he reached his fame. They might also not know what started his downfall. It all started out great, but a few rumors can ruin anyone’s reputation; Michael Jackson was a great example of this. Michael Jackson was known as The King of Pop, and one of the greatest singers and performers of all time, but a few mistakes made him go down as one of the most controversial modern tragic heroes.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Michael Jackson was born on August 29, 1958 in Gary, Indiana. He was born with an African American family. His mom and dad’s name was Katherine and Joseph Jackson. Joseph Michael Jackson dad was a music artist as well but sooner or later he had to put his music aside to provide for the family. Michael’s dad was the one who molded him to be a singer in the early 1960’s. when Michael got in the singing group, he became the lead singer to his group. At a young age, he impressed the audience with his singing and dance skills.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Katherine Jackson]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- The King of Pop is a legend that is still remembered by millions because of his beautiful works of art. His musical talent led many artists to follow in his footsteps like Madonna, and many more. Talent is something that dwells within all of us across the world. Although it comes in different shapes, forms, and fashion we are the ones that have to tap in to the potential and let the talent shine. Whether its singing dancing crocheting talent is something that can really inspire other people. Michael Jackson a singer, song writer, has proven to the world that talent can come out of the ordinary family and rise to greatness.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Tito Jackson]
903 words (2.6 pages)