Cathod Ray Tube Monitor:
It is invented by Karl Ferdinand Braun. A beam of electrons strikes towards the CRT, and the collision of electrons with phosphorus produce light.(more about this topic and LED also).
Liquid Crystal Display Monitor (LCD):
It uses thin film transistor technology to display. The TFT is a part of the LCD. The main difference between LCD and TFT monitor is that the TFT monitor uses a tiny transistor for each pixel on the display. This allows the electrical current that illuminates the display to be turned on and off at a faster rate. Which makes the display brighter and shows motion smoother. These transistors are used in high-quality flat panel LCDs. The LCD monitor’s do not use this technology due to this LCD display could not keep up with fast moving images.
Characteristics of a Monitor:
Dot pitch is also called pixel pitch. It is the measurement that represents the diagonal distance between colored phosphorous dots on the display screen. The dot pitch for monitor in personal computer ranges from 0.15mm-0.30mm.
Refresh rate represents the number of times the image is displayed per second. The number is measured in Hz. Higher refresh rate less image flicker on the screen refresh rate less than the 60Hz produces an image flickering, meaning the image appears again and again.
Monitor Cable Technology:
1.Video Graphics Array (VGA):
VGA card represents the computer display standard introduced with the IBM in 1987. It is a video adapter, which is used for transferring the video signals in the monitor. A generic VGA has 15 pins and each pin (except of 3 spare pins) is defined for transferring a particular color signal. The display information is sent to the monitor in the analog form through a VGA. Nowada...
... middle of paper ...
...assigned to Hosts but are designed for Multicasting (one-to-many) communication each class in class D defines a particular group of Hosts on the Internet.
Class E addresses are also not assigned to Hosts. These types of addresses are not used for general applications but are reserved for expermental purpose.
Unicast IP Addresses:
Unicast helps in one-to-one communication. Unicast IP address uniquely identifies a host in a particular network when a data packet is sent from a host to the destination address.
Multicast IP Addresses:
Multicast address helps in one-to-many communication, when a data packet from a host is sent to a group of hosts and not to a single destination address.
Broadcast IP Addresses:
Broadcast address help in one-to-all communication. A Broadcast IP address allows a data packet to be sent from a host to all other hosts on the network.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- LCD/Flat panel monitors- LCD is Short for liquid crystal display. LCD technology can be found in computer monitors. LCD displayer is the monitor; the main purpose of a monitor in a computer system is to show text and graphics, which are generated by the computer. The LCD monitor is connected by a cable. One side of the cable is plugged into the back of the monitor and the other side of the cable is plugged into the hard drive cable port. Computer case- A computer case is also known as a computer chassis, system unit, base unit or simply just a case.... [tags: text and graphics, cpu, computer]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- What is a plasma monitor. A plasma monitor is a display device that uses gas plasma technology. How do plasma monitors produce images. Basically a plasma monitor is a layer of gas between two gas plates. It works when voltage is applied, thus making the gas release an ultraviolet light, causing pictures and images you see on the plasma screen when you are watching TV. Plasma monitors are flat screen, thin, and lightweight which allows it to be hung from a wall. It also has a good contrast of colors causing images to be more vivid and colorful.... [tags: Television]
518 words (1.5 pages)
- Plasma Donation: To Poke or Not To Poke To poke or not to poke. The question many of us ponder as we think about plasma donation and decide if that is something we’re up for or not. For some of us, the debate in our head is whether we want to help others by giving up a part of ourselves, while for others the literal fear of needles makes them question if they could actually handle the poke. But for some, it’s about making quick cash. There are a few questions you must ask yourself before you decide if donating plasma is for you; is getting paid to make a donation ethical, is the cash worth the risk, is there a reason to donate plasma besides the cash they offer.... [tags: Blood donation, Blood, Donation, Blood plasma]
1516 words (4.3 pages)
- The electronegative plasma can be defined as a plasma that contains both electrons and positive ions, as well as negative ions. This type of plasma is a subject of continuing interest thanks to its importance in various fields of plasma science and industry and its existence in astrophysical, space, and laboratory experiments plasmas. The electronegative plasmas have been generated in Laboratory by many different methods a1,a2. Negative ions plasmas are found in many space observations such as (H⁺-H⁻) and (H⁺-O₂⁻) plasmas have been found in the D- and F-regions of the Earth 's ionosphere a4.... [tags: Electric charge, Ion, Electron, Plasma]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- ... The amount of experience and knowledge required for the positions is substantial; however the earnings potential increases with the amount of experience and education an electronic publications specialist has in the field. Electronic publishing specialist is a fairly new career so the salary information has been compared to desktop publishers. According to Mymajors.com, the median annual wage for electronic publications specialist is $39,060 and a median hourly wage of $18.78. According to CIA current open positions, an electronic publishing specialist can earn from $51,630 to $74,872 per year.... [tags: electronic books, publications, databases]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- As we enter the 21st century the average human's life is dictated by the production and quantity of energy. This energy is produced in many different forms, from fossil fuel to hydro and solar power. Though this production of energy has sufficed up till now, a realization has occurred that the depletion of our current sources is imminent. As a result of this energy crisis, a race to find an alternative energy supply has been put forth. Through plasma fusion's nearly inexhaustible supply of fuel, its lack of greenhouse gases and the amazing spin-off technologies that have developed through plasma research, it is the answer to the current energy crises.... [tags: physics science plasma fusion energy]
1994 words (5.7 pages)
- Electronic commerce (ecommerce) refers to a type of business, or commercial transaction, that engages the transfer of information through the Internet (Boltzan, P. 2008). In other words, it is the buying and selling of goods and services including the transferring of data and funds over an electronic network, predominantly the Internet. The leading benefits of ecommerce include twenty-four seven access, and availability, international scope, larger range of goods and services and the speed of accessibility.... [tags: Electronic commerce, Marketing]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction Electronic Commerce is a very mixed and incorporative topic. There are various important types of Electronic Commerce (E-commerce). Collaborative commerce (C-commerce), Business-to-Consumers (B2C), Consumer to Business (C2B), Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C) and Government-to-Citizens (G2C) are the most favorite types of Electronic Commerce in business. Each of these types has their own ways and models. There are several ways of Buying, such as negotiations, group purchase or reverse auctions.... [tags: Electronic commerce, Online shopping, Retailing]
713 words (2 pages)
- Our society would not survive in the 21st century without the help of electronic surveillance. Safety is one of the main purposes of electronic surveillance. Safety is the state of being secure and free from danger of any sort. Today, many would rather give up their privacy for safety (Smithsimon). In fact, surveillance gadgets such as cameras, radio tracking chips and house alarms are used in many places to ensure safety. For instance, a parent can easily place a hidden camera in a stuffed animal in order to see how the babysitter handles his or her child (Public Places Have Eyes).... [tags: Privacy vs Electronic Surveillance]
3536 words (10.1 pages)
- Plasma Donation Save a life, donate plasma. Plasma donation is a process many college students pursue in the efforts to make a sort of supplementary income while attending school. However, many other people in society do not know what all plasma donation entails. This essay will discuss the many aspects and details that the plasma donation process involves. These details include the donor’s waiting time and check-in, the donation process itself, and finally the finishing touches of the donation process.... [tags: Observational Essays]
934 words (2.7 pages)