Radiative energy transfer is a reality that is implemented in everyday life and is an application of solar power. This method is called “radiative” because it requires the use of electromagnetic waves, which radiate in all directions. The general goal...
... middle of paper ...
...tle, Frank et al. “Toward Space Solar Power: Wireless Energy Transmission Experiments Past, Present and Future.” IEEE (1998): 1225-33. IEEE Xplore. Web. 24 Sept. 2009.
"Mutual Induction." Gale (2002): 492-3. Gale Virtual Reference Library. Web. 26 Aug. 2009.
Schlanger, Harry. “Power Transmission and Usage Supplying Cities with Electrical Energy from Remote Power Plants.” Suite101.com. Suite101, 29 july 2008. Web. 26 Sept. 2009.
Serway, Raymond A, and John Jewett. Physics for Scientists and Engineers. Belmont: Brooks/Cole-Thomson Learning, 2004. Print.
"What is a Space Elevator?" Spaceward.org. The Spaceward Foundation, 2008. Web. 16 Oct. 2009.
“Witricity Technology: The Basics.” Witricity.com. Witricity, n.d. Web. 15 Sept. 2009.
Zhu, Chunbo et al."Research on the Topology of Wireless Energy Transfer Device." IEEE Xplore. IEEE, 3 Sept. 2008. Web. 24 Sept. 2009.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Conditional Cash Transfer programs (CCTs) have recently emerged as a central component of social policy across Latin America. The rationale of CCT programmes is to address short term poverty through monthly cash payments, and long term poverty by attaching conditions to mandatory school attendance and healthcare use. Most countries in Latin America have some kind of CCT programme (Cruz and Zigelhofer: 2014). Brazil’s CCT, Bolsa Familia (Family Allowance) is the largest CCT programme in the world.... [tags: Poverty, Economics, Conditional Cash Transfer]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- Organization Background and Purpose of Planned Change The products that my organization supports, services, and provide updates to have been in the US Air Force inventory since the mid 1980’s. My organization’s make-up is multigenerational with a high percentage of Traditionalists and Baby Boomers (Fox, 2011). While the employees are skilled and talented, the organization is suffering from single threaded skill areas and we are facing the high probability that we will lose the 30+ years of knowledge when our employees retire or transfer to other Boeing programs.... [tags: knowledge transfer in organizations]
2182 words (6.2 pages)
- A good understanding of labor supply reactions to tax and transfer policies is necessary for achieving related policy goals. Income support programs intend to alleviate poverty and create a more equitable society. However, the reaction of the labor supply can derail the intended results and need to be carefully evaluated for effective policy. Economic theory suggests that as taxes and transfer payments increase, the amount of hours and/or number of employees will decrease (Borjas 2005). The exception is transfer payments with work requirements, where the labor supply moves in the same direction as benefits.... [tags: American Government, Taxes, Transfer Policies]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- 1.1 GENERAL BACKGROUND Heat transfer is by virtue thermal energy stored in temperature-dependent motion of particles. The exchange of kinetic energy of particles occurs through the boundary between two systems which are at different temperatures from each other or from their surroundings. Heat transfer constantly occurs from a region of high temperature to the region of lower temperature. Heat transfer changes the internal energy of both systems according to the Thermodynamics. The Second Law of Thermodynamics defines the concept of thermodynamic entropy.... [tags: Heat, Thermodynamics, Temperature, Heat transfer]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- Embryo transfer can happen in many different animals including humans. Many people do not know that most farmers do embryo transfer because they use their dominant genetics in order to produce dominant offspring. Embryo transfer is not only better on the economic side such as costs of transferring eggs from cow to cow but the offspring you get from the egg will improve your herd and bring in more profit. Some transfers of preimplantation embryos occur in laboratories/vet offices due to fact that embryos from donor females cannot be immediately put in recipient females after harvest due to there may not be any recipients.... [tags: test tube babies, embryo transfer]
1360 words (3.9 pages)
- Introduction Conduction, convection, and radiation are all types of heat transfer in which heat is transferred from a system to its surroundings. As humans, we are in the presence of, and manipulate these heat transfers all the time. Heat transfer is very important to our every day lives as we try to live in a world where the temperature outside is not comfortable and we want our food cooked. Some people go out of their way to get more radiation to get a tan, or use convection while siting in a sauna.... [tags: Heat, Heat transfer, Energy, Temperature]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- Summary Study of heat transfer in a gun barrel during firing is important for various reasons like estimating cook off temperature and erosion of barrel. This report assesses the heat transfer in a 155mm gun barrel with and without cooling channel using finite element analysis. The analysis was carried out using Pro/Mechanica software. The problem is modelled as a 2 D axisymmetric problem and convective loads and symmetry boundary conditions were used. The analysis was carried out in two phases.... [tags: Heat, Heat transfer, Convection, Thermodynamics]
1612 words (4.6 pages)
- ... Holding period return (HPR) or holding period yield (HPY) may be used to measure Historical returns 2. PROBLEM STATEMENT Investors desire an effective portfolio to invest on, with preferable high returns and low risk. Potential returns rises with an increase in risk. Low levels of risk (uncertainty) are associated with low potential returns, whereas high levels of risk (uncertainty) are associated with low potential returns. When choosing investments portfolio you must be aware of your risk tolerance.... [tags: efficient allocation, risk, return, investment]
901 words (2.6 pages)
An Approach of Energy Efficient and Secure Data Transfer Using Multicast Routing Protocol in Ad Hoc Networks
- ... Each mobile node serve as router or hosts in network. The mobile nodes communicate directly with each other and without the aid of access point, and therefore have no fixed infrastructure. A goal of MANET is to broaden mobility into the area of autonomous, mobile and wireless domains, whereas a set of nodes from the network routing infrastructure in an ad-hoc manner. They form an arbitrary topology, where the routers are free to move randomly and arrange themselves as required. Each node or mobile device is equipped with a transmitter and receiver.... [tags: Internet, Connection, Wireless]
521 words (1.5 pages)
- Abstract—Radio Frequency IDentification based systems, which are the most famous example of ubiquitous networks, are getting pervasively deployed in many daily life applications where privacy sensitive is entrusted to tag or server. In some applications, ownership transfer of RFID labels is another significant requirement. Specifically, the owner of RFID tags could be required to change several times during its lifetime. During the transfer, new owner first obtains necessary private information from the old owner, with these information he then takes over tag identification and authorization so as to have secure communication with tags.... [tags: Technology ]
1274 words (3.6 pages)