Have you ever had a friend or family member die of lung cancer or of a smoking related death. In America over 160,000 men and women die each year from lung cancer. That is a less than then breast and colon cancer combined. The leading cause of lung cancer in the United States is smoking tobacco. When you smoke a cigarette you are inhaling the nicotine at a very high rate in which allows it to go through your blood stream faster. Some might say that smoking just affects themselves, although they are highly incorrect. Second hand smoking is when a person inhales the excess smoke; in some occasions it can be worse than actually smoking. You might think you are cool at the time for smoking, but have you ever thought about the effects it does to your body in the long run. Who will smoke effect, how long will it affect my body, what is the final effect of me smoking?
This ad summarizes how smoking is the bullet to guns life. 1out of 4 American’s state that they started smoking for the social factor. Social smoking is when you only smoke around people to socialize with friends or trying to talk to a boss. Let me give you a situation. You walk outside and there is your new boss, having a smoke break. You have not gotten on a good connection with him yet and you are trying to make small talk. You ask if he has another cigarette and you bond over the connection and you start going out daily/weekly to chat with him while smoking. Tobacco is an addictive drug, and for some people it takes a long time trying to get over the habitat of having one or two smokes a day. After a while the “social smoking” turns into maybe a pack a day. What have you done with your body now? You have joined yourself into a new group...
... middle of paper ...
... it is the way the camera took the shot that creates depth and an illusion of the gun. This image should be put all over the world to see some of the immediate and long term effects of smoking. And how smoking slowly kills people. Or how that people can be affected days after even if they have not smoked, and that the people who smoked know whom they are affecting. You never know when the puff could make a difference of being attached to an oxygen tank for the rest of you life. Or even worse… death. You also don’t know what you are putting in the air which makes someone die and have to be in pain because you got the joy having have that social smoke with your boss. It does not matter if you are a pack or more a day, or if you are just going to try to look cool and smoke. So just think, what will this one puff do, the next time you think you are going to smoke.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Smoking Areas Are Beneficial Cigarettes are damaging to the whole body. It can lead to harmful diseases such as cardiovascular disease, which causes heart conditions. Second-hand smoke is caused by smoking, which can harm children and adults that inhale or exhale smoke that surrounds them. Many parks, school games, and restaurants have banned smoking because of the harmful effects of smoking. This allows an environment for smokers and non-smokers to enjoy fresh air, instead of opaque smoke. Many workplaces do not have a designated smoke area for its employees, which can create an unappealing workplace.... [tags: Smoking, Passive smoking, Tobacco, Cigarette]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- ... The flesh on the outside of the lips shows that there isn 't much going on around the lips, making it simple and making the viewer focus on the inside of the mouth. When looking at the picture below, the teeth are replaced with old and smoked Marlboro cigarette butts. The cigarette butts are used, burnt out, and many think of cigarette butts as dingy or gross. Also, instead of there being flesh of the throat and the mouth, it’s a pitch black hole inside of the body. When you are to smoke cigarettes, smoking can affect your teeth and your physical appearance, but it can affect much more than just your appearance.... [tags: Smoking, Cigarette, Tobacco, Lung cancer]
1375 words (3.9 pages)
- All over the world people smoke, cigarette after cigarette, pack after pack, killing themselves and those around them one puff at a time. Smoking tobacco, no matter how it is done, is a careless act that harms almost all organs and systems in the human body. One single cigarette contains about 600 ingredients and in the time that one is lit it produces over 7,000 chemicals. Within those chemicals an innumerable amount are poisonous and at least sixty nine of them are linked to causing cancer (“American Lung Association”).It is said that more than sixteen million people are living with a disease that was caused by smoking.... [tags: Tobacco, Smoking, Nicotine, Tobacco smoking]
1798 words (5.1 pages)
- Tobacco has been around for centuries today we have many different ways to inhale tobacco. Cigarettes and vaping are the two most popular ways people are inhaling tobacco in today 's day and age. Even though cigarettes have been around for many decades, vaping has become a new sensation. Although the majority of the masses are switching from cigarettes to vaping, many are still set in their ways with an old fashion stog (cigarette). Since the studies of vaping are the bare minimal compared to the studies of smoking cigarettes, we still don 't know the long term effects vaping has on the body.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Tobacco smoking, Smoking]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- ElSohly, Mahmoud A. Marijuana and the Cannabinoids. Pages 237-252. Totowa, NJ: Humana, 2007. Web. 20 May 2016. This source comes from a book on cannabis. In this relevant chapter, it describes the effects of smoking cannabis on the body, such as increased heart rate and blood pressure for a short period of time. With chronic use, adverse effects on the lungs, reproductive organs, adverse effects on offspring (if used during pregnancy), or memory have been documented. Heavy use can also cause dependency, and possibly similar cancers as found in regular smokers (although too few studies have been conducted to draw conclusive results in this regard).... [tags: Cannabis, Recreational drug use]
1255 words (3.6 pages)
- The Effects of Smoking on the Body Almost one third of the World’s population are smokers for one reason or another, appearance, reduce stress etc. However, I, and many others, find it very difficult to believe smoking can aid anyone’s appearance as it encourages early ageing, and I do not believe that any of the risks that smoking has is worth any amount of stress relief that it can provide. Cigarette smoking can have serious health effects on the human body. Smoking causes a variety of life threatening diseases.... [tags: Papers]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- ... One who would look at a regular ad would know that cigarettes are a disgusting habit but this ad use of pathos makes the audience remember that it is also a terrible addiction that is quite difficult to kick. The second advertisement, one where several cigarette butts are shown, uses Logos as the main attempt to reach its audience and to get them to understand that cigarettes are bad for one’s health. The first butt is seemingly untouched which gives the audience the idea that it has yet to be smoked but the second cigarette butt started being lit.... [tags: Cigarette, Smoking, Nicotine, Tobacco advertising]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- IV. Many people believe that the use of E-cigs will help with their usage of smoking and even chewing. A. E- Cigs are believed to be healthier. B. They are not as harsh on the lungs. C. May lead to the actual use of tobacco. V. Conclusion Tobacco effects on the body Tobacco is a very harmful to a person’s body and can give someone long term bad health. If a person chooses to use tobacco then they should be aware of the risk and damage that they can do to their body. There are bad effects on the body with all forms of tobacco, no matter if smoked or chewed.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Tobacco smoking, Smoking]
1547 words (4.4 pages)
- ... There are many activities that people can try other than sneaking out back and smoking a cigarette. Walking is one such activity that one can try to help them kick the addiction of smoking out of their life. Walking not only takes time out of your schedule to keep you from smoking when you do not need to but also helps you increase your health and helps build back your heart back to the way it once was before smoking came into your life. For those that seem to keep this addiction out of their life just remember what your friend is doing is not good for them and just keep that in the back of your mind and just keep pushing your friend because without you smoking just could stay in their l... [tags: Tobacco smoking, Nicotine, Smoking, Cigarette]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- ... The reactions are quite different because of the way the society is influenced, to think a certain way, which is normal for people to smoke. Using this knowledge of human psychological mind, the Great Cost Campaign carefully sew this into both of the PSAs as a way to give more impact on their campaign. Both “Your skin” and “Science class” PSA go for a comedic/horror effect rather than display boring facts that no one - nonsmokers and smokers alike - wanted to hear in the first place. Although the visuals are over exaggerated, the commercial certainly gets its point across.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Cigarette, Smoking]
1650 words (4.7 pages)