In order to help save the environment, people are participating in Meatless Monday to reduce their carbon footprint. This statement is a myth and can be backed up by Meat Mythcrushers. According to the video, Myth: Going Meatless One Day a Week Can Have a Significant Environmental Impact, “reducing meat consumption one day per week as recommended by the Meatless Monday campaign has a negligible impact on greenhouse gas emissions.” This means that of the 3.4 percent of the gas emissions that are from animal agriculture, beef only contribute 1.4 percent. Even if the whole world were to reduce their beef consumption for one week, their carbon footprint would be just a meager .2 percent (2013). This misco...
... middle of paper ...
...e the concept is a good idea, but the facts behind the matter do not stop heart disease from occurring by cutting out meat one day a week. A lot of problems arise from eating meat at higher recommended amounts than are suggested. Yet, with health problems come the way the media sees factory farming. People will continue to blame the animal industry for all the problems associated with raising the animals in the environment they are kept in. This is in no way true and the animals being raised for slaughter are not treated badly. The animal industry has been continually improving their living conditions for their livestock and only the bad cases are shining through to the media. Meatless Monday may be a good way to get people on the meatless route for a day, but the misconceptions that come with the day need to be clarified if people really want to reap the benefits.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Of the 318.9 million people in the United States of America, 155 million of those people play video games(That is 48 percent!). 42% of Americans play video games regularly(3 hours or more.) Ever since I could remember, I had a controller in my hand. I can remember the day that my dad put a controller in my hand and I was hooked. I can remember that I started out on the Playstation 1. I played games like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Gran Turismo, Monsters Inc, Need for Speed, Tomb Raider, Crash Team Racing, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, PaRappa the Rapper, and a whole lot of puzzle games.... [tags: Video game console, PlayStation 3, PlayStation]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- Whenever anyone opens up a news article, often we will see titles including “Why video games are violent” or “Video games cause’s children to become violent. Due to this, often, parents will refuse to buy their children video games and many shun them as if the site of one 2D graphic gun will turn their child into a killer. Gamers also live by the stereotype of being violent basement dwellers. However, according the article 91 Percent of Kids are Games, Researcher says, sixty-four million of the gamers in the United States are adolescents (between the ages of two-seventeen).... [tags: Video game, Video game genres, United States]
1841 words (5.3 pages)
- ENC 1101 Cause and Effect Essay 06/12/10 Turnitin ID: 140507651 Word Count: 1015 The Rise of Video Games in Today’s Society (Zach and Herb) “Anger is a killing thing: it kills the man who angers, for each rage leaves him less than he had been before - it takes something from him” - Louis L'Amour. Video games, quite possibly the most popular form of entertainment in today’s society and one of the few industry that are seemingly immune to the current economic situation, offer an invaluable outlet to countless individuals.... [tags: Video Games ]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- INTRODUCTION: The history of video games dates back to 1940s, the first video game was created using a Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) technology in United States; it was based on the US missile defence systems prevailed in 1940. The first know interactive electronic game is developed by Thomas T. Goldsmith Jr. and Settle Ray Mann in 1947; it was called as Cathode Ray Tube Amusement Device. This concept of the game is a missile simulator which was inspired by radar technology which was used in the World War II.... [tags: Video game, Video game genres, Video game industry]
1776 words (5.1 pages)
- Vanderbilt blogger Emily Hughes states that “video games have been around for over 50 years, starting as coin-operated console and computer games.” Video games have progressed from simple two-dimentional video games with simple controller actions to realistic and three-dimentional video games that involve full mental and physical attention. The first video game launched was Spacewar in 1962, where the game consisted of multiple simple commends to control spaceships with the objective for the spaceships to battle to the death while in space.... [tags: Video game, Entertainment Software Rating Board]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- Violence in Young America:Are Video Games The Cause. Video games are rising in popularity due to the increase in technology. In fact, ProCon.org states, “As many as ninety-seven percent of United States kids age twelve through seventeen play video games”(Do Violent Video Games Contribute to Youth Violence?). Nearly one hundred percent of teens in our society are growing up around multiple kinds of video games, which is a surprising amount of children. In the video game industry, there are plenty of genres to play such as games about sports, war, and even games that focus on committing a crime.... [tags: Video game, Entertainment Software Rating Board]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- Imagine for a moment, a world of death. For 200 years your family has been sealed away with a thousand other people, to protect you from the dangers outside. Now your father has disappeared, and it’s up to you to find him. After a harrowing escape from your subterranean home, you walk through a tunnel to the outside world, past dead bodies, stretched out in front of the door, as if to say “don’t leave us out here to die!” As you walk through the gate to the outside, and as your eyes slowly adjust to the sun you have never seen, a wasteland emerges before you.... [tags: Violent Gaming Video Game]
1295 words (3.7 pages)
- As the months before the election approach us we see many advertisements that either support or go against our presidential candidates. Because it is my first year voting I think it’s important to be informed and up to date with what our candidates are proposing and striving to achieve for us. While looking through the campaign ads many caught my attention, but one in particular really stood out to me. This specific ad was created to contradict Donald trump. He states that his biggest asset is his temperament then many clips of him being completely disrespectful and unprofessional are shown.... [tags: President of the United States, President]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Gender and Sex are both terms used in our society frequently, however, misunderstood the most. Sex is typically characterized by the anatomical perspective while gender is characterized by behaviors. As this may be the general understanding of sex and gender as definitions, it is not the real deal. The real deal is that sex and gender go much farther than men, women, and hermaphrodites. The primary sex categories as of now are female, male, and thirty-three varieties of intersex. For gender, there are over 100 genders that are recognized today.... [tags: Gender, Gender role, Gender studies, Patriarchy]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- Early Thursday morning, on October 22, 2015 about 8:17 a.m. Savannah Chatham Metropolitan Police Department responded to reports of a front door open in the 800 block of Lynah Street. While police officers was checking the residence they found Kiana Marshall (21), Alexis Kitchens (19), and Isaiah Martin (18), deceased, with gunshot wounds inside the home. Many neighbors said that they heard gunshots around 12:30 a.m. or 1 a.m. but was uncertain on where exactly the gunshots came from. Gun violence in the United States is a major issue, especially for the African American community.... [tags: United States, U.S. state, Police]
910 words (2.6 pages)