The most important aspect of guitar is the quality of sound, good sound quality is mainly achieved from the accuracy of the neck and fret board, TALK ABOUT FRETBOARD along with a variety of other aspects that I will discuss later. To research the techniques of a traditional guitar maker, I visited an independent guitar maker in Corsham, called Alex Bishop (Figure 1). Alex Bishop makes a variety of guitars including gypsy jazz, folk and occasionally electric, however after speaking to him he tells me his passion is definitely in the making of acoustic guitars. Alex tells me once he starts making a guitar it takes around 3-6 months before the instrument is fully completed, approximately 120 hours’ worth of work in all. This is very different to a mass manufacturing guitar making company such as Gibson Customs (Figure 2) who produce around ...
... middle of paper ...
...ason why they do not use as many different materials as Alex is simply because they require a wood that is consistent, as well as one that is also easily accessible> Gibson require a vast amount of wood and material compared to Alex and other small traditional makers. Another reason why Alex uses more exotic woods and materials is because he has a lot more freedom to do so, a large company such as Gibson is a lot more likely to have pressure from outside environmentalists for the use of exotic materials and woods as they are mass producing guitars, compared to Alex who is possibly only making 1 or 2 at a given time. While exotic timbers do give an interesting aesthetic to a guitar, and he has the freedom to do this, I do not feel like it is something that needs to be done, and there are more sustainable alternatives that also give an interesting aesthetic to a guitar.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- According to We Are Social Agency’s compendium of global digital statistics in 2015, there are 3.010 billion active internet users and 2.078 billion active social media accounts in the world. It means 42 percent of world population somehow has already adopted to digitalised world. It is clear that digitalisation has already evolved humankind’s daily life therewithal digital revolution has been changing the business than ever before. (ve bu süreç gelecekte devam edecek gibi gözüküyor. Atonomasyon,internet, electronic divaysız, ….... [tags: Lean manufacturing, Manufacturing, Time, Present]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- New Technology The technology that I have selected to discuss is handheld radiological monitoring. There are several new equipment models being marketed. One of the most recognizable and well-respected names in radiological monitoring is Canberra. One of Canberra’s latest offerings for handheld devices is the Radiagem™ 4000. The device provides the capability of monitoring dose rates and contamination levels. There are a variety of probes available for use with the meter itself. The unit is waterproof and lightweight.... [tags: Technology ]
3299 words (9.4 pages)
- Over the last century, media has continued to evolve at a staggering rate. The last twenty years alone with the creation of the internet, anyone is able produce media content, and present it to the world. Constant innovation happens everyday, with technology becoming cheaper and easier to use. Making it an exciting time to be a consumer, as the mainstay media has to compete against individuals that before would have been below their notice. Modern technology has greatly advanced the way in which we interact and receive media.... [tags: Technology]
509 words (1.5 pages)
- The development of technology terms the mission of covering the use of technology such as the internet, computers, televisions, mobile phones and so on. Arguably now many children are taught to use the internet. Mobile phones are also on today is not like the days of the early appearance where anyone who have taken to the rich and famous. But today we can look at making around us all the able to use this facility. In fact, do not be surprised if rumoured that children aged three, four years know and have the cell phone itself.... [tags: globalization, online gaming, ]
1814 words (5.2 pages)
- The thesis basically addresses Virtual Team Setup and considers fundamental management dynamics as assessable parameters. The drive to conduct the research is in the backdrop of globalization and hence utilizing distributed talent through 'Virtualization Technology'. The journal concludes the results which indicate positive and mixed interpretations in favor of virtual teams. The first part of the journal addresses very specific area of 'Software Engineering' and the second part is about Virtual Team Setup as a general and evolving management model.... [tags: manufacturing, technology, organizations]
1249 words (3.6 pages)
- The Great Digital Divide The digital divide is defined as the gap between the information ‘haves’, the information ‘have-lates’, and the information ‘have-nots’. This disparity has arguably persevered from as early as the advent of the Gutenberg printing press, and continues to be pervasive and to flourish in the present day. There are many individuals who commonly perceive the digital divide to be solely comprised of the disparity of access to computers and the Internet, but this is not the sole case.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
1151 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction: Digital technology was introduced thanks to numerous technological improvements, which have developed and changed society. As expected Postman (1992), “a new technology does not add or subtract something. It changes everything.” Digital technology is basically any software using or based on the binary code, a coding system using the binary digits 0 and 1 to represent a letter, digit, or character in a computer or any other electronic device. Both households and businesses use this technology for various purposes, such as entertainment, productivity, communication, etc.... [tags: Technology ]
1415 words (4 pages)
- Commercial products have been around since the beginning of time. Manufacturing millions of products such as Ketchup for consumers to use daily. One might argue that buying house hold items can be such a hassle even for consumers who barely have time to get ready for work, let alone clean after themselves. The need for more items influences consumers to evolve from prehistoric cave dwellers into item entrepreneurs through introducing multiple platforms to spread news about a product, appealing visually for customers to go buy it, and demonstrating why traditional ways of doing things helps improve modern cultures to expand newer ideas for buyers to sell or buy as they please.... [tags: Woman, Women's suffrage, Faster Pussycat]
1242 words (3.5 pages)
- “Fisher Alum’s Enterprise in Digital Technology Revolutionizes the Manufacturing Industry” I envision this headline on Wall Street Journal’s front page in 15-years. Digital technology is going to substantially transform the manufacturing industry by 2030 and I aim to build my own businesses based on innovations in digital manufacturing. However, to achieve this, I need a strong understanding of the end-to-end aspects of running a business. The Fisher MBA will allow me to develop this understanding and propel me towards my long-term goal.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Manufacturing]
715 words (2 pages)
- The Effect of the External Environment on Work in Australia This essay considers how changes in the external environment of organisations have altered the world of work. Australia is currently experiencing a period of economic growth. But some new challenges have appeared. Australian organisations are facing skill shortages and an aging workforce. This shortage has been addressed by introduction of new technology in workplaces and influx of immigration workers. Organisations in Australia, similar to those in other developed economies, are also struggling with changing workforce demographics, changing nature of work, incorporating and utilizing the rapid advances in technology, and addressin... [tags: Business Environment Work Force]
1980 words (5.7 pages)
- My Assessment On A Buddhist
- A Brief Note On Law Enforcement And The Homelessness
- Social Media And Gender Identity
- The Boston Of Liberty 's Boston Tea Party Incident
- Gonorrhe A Sexually Transmitted Disease Caused By Neisseria Gonorrhoeae
- Generalist Social Work Practice, The Nine Core Competencies, And Component Behavior