As a blood-splatter pattern analyst for the Miami Metro Police Department, Dexter uses his unique skills as an observant investigator and as an undisclosed serial killer to hunt down criminals who evade discovery and capture. Dexter is quite different from a “normal” person’s life. He is a very intelligent individual; while multitasking being a father as well. At the same time, he follows all the moral codes his step-dad Harry, coached him to follow when he was young.
In common with some serial killers, Dexter is intelligent and likeable. He is handsome and unassuming while possibly coming off as a bit of a “blood-spatter geek” to his colleagues. However, Dexter differs from other serial killers in one key element; he has a family to whom he feels a great sense of attachment.
“The Code of Harry,” as Dexter calls it, includes rules such as never killing innocents and faking emotions and normality to fit in and avoi...
... middle of paper ...
...elf? Dexter asks himself this questions almost every episode. He knows he has problems and psychological issues. Comparable to addicts overcoming addiction and people overcoming immaturity. His human condition from going into a monster to a noble protector is quite a story from his journeys and trials he went through.
Cordaro, Allison. "Top 20 'Dexter' Quotes." Celebrity and Entertainment News. N.p., 07 Apr. 2013. Web. 02 Apr. 2014.
Tally, Ted, Kenneth Utt, Edward Saxon, Ron Bozman, Jonathan Demme, Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Scott Glenn, Ted Levine, Tak Fujimoto, Craig McKay, Howard Shore, Kristi Zea, and Thomas Harris. The Silence of the Lambs. Santa Monica, CA: MGM Home Entertainment, 2001.
"An Inconvenient Lie." Lewis, Robert. Dexter. Showtime. 14 Oct. 2007. Television.
"The Getaway." Lewis, Robert. Dexter. Showtime. 13 Dec. 2009. Television.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The beast is very fond of Belle since he first laid eyes on her. During the movie Belle being the catalyst for the Beast’s need of wanting to change. But he distances himself from her because he has two mindsets. Which is a man and the other is a raging beast. The beast is going through trying to become the process of transformation from a cold hearted beast into a form of a great man. Dexter has a lot in common from the movie Gran Torino and Beauty and the Beast. All three of these have in common of metamorphosis.... [tags: popular fictional characters, tv shows]
1762 words (5 pages)
- Dexter Morgan is a fictional character from the TV show, Dexter. The show tells a story of a man named Dexter, who is a brilliant blood spatter analyst by day and a serial killer of criminals by night. Throughout the day, he stalks his victims and at night he captures them and follows a code of conduct and ritual set by his adopted father before killing them. To figure out what diagnosis to give Dexter, an analysis of his childhood must be conducted. Dexter has no clear memory of his biological family, but was very close with his adoptive family, the Morgans.... [tags: fictional character, the code, dexter morgan]
907 words (2.6 pages)
- I placed the knife on the table and turned around, pinning my gaze inside the plastic wrapped room that I had carefully prepared. An agonized face glared back at me, blue eyes burned beneath the black eyebrows. “What the hell is this?” I carelessly studied the forehead which tightened and twitched with tension and my gaze wandered off to his left cheek. “This... is the moment of truth.” I replied to his cry with ease. He was breathing heavily. Oh, this felt so good. It has been a very long time since I let my dark passenger come out to play.... [tags: media, serial killers, identity,]
1527 words (4.4 pages)
- Born or Raised Was Dexter born a killer or was he raised to be one. If the viewer really looks into the story of Dexter, Dexter was never born and programmed to be this way but was raised by his father to do such acts to be just. On an broad scale Dexter is an pretty unique character due to his goals and tactics, once he is really analyzed and studied thoroughly, he competes with murderers in the real world."I just know there’s something dark in me and I hide it. I certainly don’t talk about it, but it’s there always, this Dark Passenger.... [tags: Character, Goals, Tactics, Story of Dexter]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. was born January 15, 1929 in Atlanta, Georgia his birth name was Michael Luther King, Jr., but later had his name changed to Martin. His grandfather was a pastor of the Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, serving from 1914 till he passed away in 1931. His father took over severing after that and Martin Luther was a co pastor in the church also. Martin Luther went to public schools in Georgia, and he graduated high school when he was only fifteen years old; he received the B.A.... [tags: MLK bio]
845 words (2.4 pages)
- Airports are vast facilities covering many acres of land where passenger beginning the flight portions of their travels. The first flight by the Wright brothers in Kitty Hawk, NC in 1903 only required a runway. As the technology of flight advanced to offer passenger service, there was soon a need for a building to manage passenger needs. Airports of today provide many key services needed for the traveler whether they are beginning, transferring, or ending their journeys. The demand for air transportation rises each year, according to the Department of Transportation (United States Department of Transportation, 2013) 815.3 passengers traveled by airplanes in 2012.... [tags: Airports, Travel Facilities, Passengers, Flights]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- New York City is the most magical place on earth during the Christmas season. Glistening lights and satin ribbons are seen on every building and street sign. Snowflakes fall from the sky, each glimmering on their way down to the concrete streets. This time of year is the time where I enjoy my job the most. The usually hectic and impatient costumers seem joyful and a little less tense. I drive cabs around this glorious city, every day from sunrise to sundown. I get great stories from my job, but nothing like the one I encountered yesterday evening.... [tags: personal narrative]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- Dexter Morgan, played by Michael C. Hall in the popular television series Dexter, is an extremely complex and interesting man. Dexter works for the Miami police department as a blood spatter expert, helping and assisting in the solving of multiple murder cases; ironically enough he is secretly a murderer. His lifestyle and personality is full of deep secrets and deep seeded emotional problems. Throughout the series of Dexter the audience has access to the dark truth about Dexter Morgan: that he enjoys killing “bad” people.... [tags: Television Characters]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- In the book Home Before Dark by Susan Wiggs, Lila is a fifteen-year-old girl whose overwhelming desire to be popular is affecting all of her decisions. Lila’s mom Luz describes her current behavior as “some sort of identity crisis”. Specifically Luz states, “She’s been getting in trouble at school, acting out, that sort of thing. You saw how she acted toward me. My sweet little fairy child has turned into a demon, skipping school, sneaking out at night, climbing the water tower, rappelling off the train bridge, skinny-dipping in Eagle Lake.... [tags: Analysis Susan Wiggs Home Before Dark]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- Characters of Dark City I did my book report on Dark City by Frank Lauria. The main characters in the book were John Murdoch, Mr. Hand, and Mr. Book. Since Murdoch woke up in the icy bathtub in a strange room, he has been suspicious of everything. He is wanted for a series of brutal murders which he can’t remember committing. He later finds out that he posses a power called tuning, which allows you to stop time and alter peoples perceptions. Sort of like brain manipulation. He soon finds out that he is being pursued by an alien race who call themselves the Strangers. They want him because he is immune to their brain manipulation, so he is a threat... [tags: Dark City]
781 words (2.2 pages)