Determining a project delivery method to use is one of the most important decisions made by every owner embarking on a construction project. Design-Bid-Build has become the most traditional process in the United States construction industry. With the industry constantly growing, so are the ideas on how to decrease the project duration and cost. Alternative project delivery methods are starting to replace Design-Bid-Build with acceptable improvements during the construction process.
Design-Build is a delivery service that professional contractors provide where the design and construction of the project is completed with one company as a seamless development from the beginning to the end. The budget of the client is carefully watched during the construction process and the final price can be negotiated to keep both of the parties happy. Design-build is used as an alternative to the long-established design-bid-build project delivery method. Nationwide, design-build successfully delivers success to both horizontal and vertical construction projects with better results no matter what type of project is being comple...
... middle of paper ...
...uction Science program at Texas A&M, my education experience has introduced many different types of project delivery methods. I have been prepared to identify different types of risks and rewards that are associated with delivery methods available in the construction industry. The classes that have been most beneficial to my degree have been Construction Law I and II, Project Management. Project Management has been the most beneficial to my education by informing me about all the delivery systems available and what the risks and rewards are for each of them. Construction Law mostly taught me about contractual relationship and what to avoid or look for when entering into a job contract. Together these classes go hand in hand when identify the risks and rewards by helping you look deeper into contracts and financial situations that arise during a construction project.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- How do I design and build my own robotic hand. Designing and building your own robotic hand is an interesting way to familiarise yourself with the field of robotics. If you have an interest in engineering, building a robotic hand is a great way to learn many versatile, practical skills. This tutorial will show you the general skills and direction that can be followed to build a robotic hand. My Project My interests, for a long time, have included robotics, but I have never done any projects which involved it.... [tags: Inkjet printer, 3D printing, Rapid prototyping]
2044 words (5.8 pages)
- I am interested in studying Graphic Design at your university, because I am keen to develop my creative skills and am interested in the variety of different units you offer. I hope to acquire new skills working with a range of software programmes and wish to enhance my existing skills in programmes such as Photoshop. In Macmillan I carried out work experience as a school librarian, where I resolved queries, issued books using a database and stacked books on shelves. I also gained IT experience in Hamilton Jackson LTD; which is a local, small IT company in Middlesbrough.... [tags: Design, Design management, Graphic design]
700 words (2 pages)
- There 's an emerging trend in website design. Many have switched from building a website that has depth and third-dimension elements toward a stripped-down version that resembles a flat, single-surface viewing experience. This flat design is one of the hottest trends in web design to pop up across the web in 2016. But, is this one of those trends that is going to spread like wildfire and then burn itself out, or is it here to stay. Let 's look at why this web design model is currently trending and what the future holds for flat design.... [tags: World Wide Web, Website, Design, Web design]
870 words (2.5 pages)
- Our plan is to have various t-shirt designs promoting “going green”. We also plan to have these designs printed on other things as well such as recycled bags. Our main colors that we are most definitely going to use are green on white, so that the green is very bold and simple, but we will offer other colors as well. We will use the best quality t-shirts and bags so that they will last for a long time and will be worth your money. The benefit for selling these shirts is that the customers will be our prime donator to our charities because their interest in our store is going towards our selected charities.... [tags: Business Plan]
710 words (2 pages)
- Instructional Design Model Comparison Instructional Design is a systematic approach to design, evaluation and management of instruction. It helps to facilitate learning in an effort to improve. There are many models that have been developed to assist in the design of instructional materials. This paper will compare three: ADDIE, ASSURE and Kemp with a focus on online learning. ADDIE Model The Addie Model is the traditional format used by instructional designers and many models have based their information off of the ADDIE concept.... [tags: Instructional design, Educational psychology]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- Introduction In any business organization marketing is one of the dominant parts that integrates and link up all the business matters. Every business organization has a business strategy which draws up the all business activities which are going to be implemented but the marketing plan works as guideline to execute the business plan. Marketing plan refers to the clarification of the customer value, value pricing, placing the value, and promoting the value to the customers accordingly (Kotler, 1986).... [tags: Marketing, Management, Marketing plan]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- Adaptive Responsive web design Web design is a process of conceptualizing, planning, and building a collection of electronic files. It determines the layout, structure, text styles, images, graphics, colors, and use of interactive features that deliver pages to site visitors. The degree of customization included in the website design will determine the speed and cost of getting the site up and running. The web development process can be divided into three main components: server-side coding, client-side coding and database technology (Design Your Website, 2014).... [tags: World Wide Web, Web design, Display resolution]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- Adaptive Responsive net design Nuwanthi KK Gamhewage Dakota kingdom college abstract on this research, I specifically focused on responsive and adaptive web layout that 's an critical topic in net developing international. right here, I described what an internet layout is and the way these responsive and adaptive web design became essential in net developing discipline. moreover, I provide blessings and disadvantages of each responsive internet layout and adaptive internet layout. by way of overview this research paper each person can get a valid information about web design in terms of adaptive web design and responsive net layout.... [tags: World Wide Web, Website, Web design, Internet]
1604 words (4.6 pages)
- LO 3 Develop and evaluate a basic marketing plan Listed below are some findings on how to produce and evaluate a basic marketing plan for an organization based on my research; It is important for all small business to outline the company 's course to success, a marketing plan is essential to define research and methods used to target customers (Martin, 2016). According to Entrepreneur, (2016, par.1) " A good marketing plan spells out all the tools and tactics you 'll use to achieve your sales goals.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing plan, Marketing strategy]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- Proposal for the Development of a Business Plan to Launch a Graphics & Web Design Company Introduction In today's business world, many consumers prefer a company's presence & position on the internet. E-Business is a magical marketing tool for most companies. The term attracts attention and affects the fundamental tasks of a company's day-to-day operations. Companies have not confused the financial woes of various venture capitalists in the dot-com industry with the wide-range of possibilities offered via e-business.... [tags: Technical Communications Business]
637 words (1.8 pages)