Essay PreviewMore ↓
Examples of wasteful spending would be, how the federal government has spent $23 billion per year on special interest pork projects like grants to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, or funds to combat teenage “goth” culture in Blue Springs, Missouri, a very shocking and disturbing fact is Over one recent 18-month period, Air Force and Navy personnel used government-funded credit cards to charge at least $102,400 for admission to entertainment events, $48,250 for gambling, $69,300 for cruises, and $73,950 for exotic dance clubs and prostitutes. As a recent member of the United States Air Force I can tell you that it is a huge disappointment to know that although we are putting our lives at risk for the freedom of the United States, we are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on unimportant and irrelevant expenses.
Another strong fact that Mr. Brownback and myself agree on is the creation of more jobs to help the working class through this economy. I think that if you create more jobs for individuals we will slowly but efficiently pull out of this downward spiral. With more jobs, more Americans will be able to make their payments and be able to pay for food, gas, and bills. When someone gets laid off eventually they will struggle to make payments. With Americans not making payments companies are not getting their money. It will go into an allowance for doubtful accounts account and will be a while before they see that money, which in turn will make companies lose money. Although it doesn’t seem logical right NOW to hire more people I think it will be a major contributor to healing this crippled economy. With hiring more people a company will struggle for a few years while they are paying people to work. But, If more people have money then more people will be able to buy things which will be putting more money into the economy thus eventually pulling us out.
How to Cite this Page
"Cutting Wasteful Spending to Help the Economy Recover." 123HelpMe.com. 21 Nov 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- National and international development is a human instinct and serves only one specific purpose; which is the advancement of humanity and specifically the betterment of the quality of life for everyone. The terminology ‘development’ usually includes such areas as foreign aid, healthcare, equality, infrastructure, economics, human rights and education as well as many others. International development differs compared to national development; it was created by governments and institutions after World War Two in order to concentrate on topics like easing poverty and to improve living conditions in destroyed countries, but more importantly in former colonies which were now free and to become par... [tags: Wastefull Government Spending]
2772 words (7.9 pages)
- “Today I'm pledging to cut the deficit we inherited by half by the end of my first term in office" (Obama). This is the promise of President Barack Obama shortly after being elected to his first term in office as president. Currently, however, the United States (US) government is in a difficult situation concerning the national debt accumulation and the main problem of a continuously unbalanced budget producing this massive debt. The national debt is currently at $16.8 trillion and is ever climbing.... [tags: US Federal Deficit Spending]
2606 words (7.4 pages)
- The Government’s Spending Review 2010 The way the government sets out its budget is through allocation of monies to different governmental departments. These departments then allocate monies for services such as, health, defence, welfare benefits etc. “The Spending Review is the way that the Government sets spending plans for each department over a period of several years” (Anon, 2010). On 20th October 2010, the Government announced substantial UK spending cuts with local authorities, police, defence and welfare budgets all reduced.... [tags: American Government, Budgeting, Spending Plans]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- Alternative to Wasteful Aerial Eradication Feral ungulates (sheep, mouflon, and cattle) are eradicated by Department of Land and Natural Resources Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DLNR-DOFAW) to save the endangered Palila (Hawaiian Honeycreeper) species and its habitat (MKRUG) (US Fish & Wildlife). Ungulate eradications are wasteful as carcasses not available for recovery are left to decompose (Miller, DLNR plans). Additionally, considering high costs of food in Hawaii, there must be alternative options to control ungulate populations that will benefit Hawaii residents in return.... [tags: Hawaii, Palila, habitat, restoration, wildlife]
1328 words (3.8 pages)
- Parenting Classes: Beneficial or Wasteful. Parenting is defined by two definitions. The first definition states that parenting is simply the rearing of children. But can “parenting” be put in such simple terms. Taking care of a child is an overwhelming task for parents both young and older, all of which face similar challenges when it comes to raising kids. Parents should have basic knowledge of how to take care of their children from their early steps to them growing older. Parenting classes offer just that.... [tags: Raising Children, Parents, Taking Care]
1643 words (4.7 pages)
- ... There is only fact that you did a favor to someone and they are taking advantage of you. It is the time to get little angry and stay this way. Now you are not friends or relatives anymore or they do from this point on is going to change that. Remind them about the debt repayment: You should remind them that they asked you about borrowing money not you. They request loan from you and you gave it to them. Remind them about what they committed to do. You should be certain about payment and dates.... [tags: debt recovery, collection agency]
555 words (1.6 pages)
A Plan to Help Prevent, Mitigate, Respond and Recover from an Extremist Incident in a College Campus
- Active shooter, a term that is all too often heard on the campuses across our great country. It’s a student, parent, administrator, faculty and members of the community’s worst nightmare come true. Someone has entered the campus with a loaded firearm, has an objective and wreaks violent, unforgiving havoc on innocent victims. It has become a growing epidemic as well as a growing concern for school administration, faculty and students, as well as law enforcement. The need for an Active Shooter Emergency Plan is at its highest.... [tags: school shootings]
1585 words (4.5 pages)
- Volunteering and Attitudes Toward Social Welfare Spending Despite extensive research having been done on explaining why some individuals are more likely to support spending on social welfare than others, to this date, no one has examined the effect that a person’s level of volunteerism has on support for spending. However, the level of community involvement is worthy of consideration as an explanation for support for social welfare spending because, as has been reported by previous research, volunteers often find that structural problems exist that can only be remedied by government intervention.... [tags: Welfare Spending Politics Essays]
3547 words (10.1 pages)
- Defense Spending When the terrorist attacks occurred on 9/11 it did more than just affect the comfort level of American citizens. It had an all around impact on how this country will be run for years to come. The one economic impact that I will concentrate on is that the attacks, arguably, but directly effected the U.S. GDP (Gross Domestic Product) and how the national budget will be handled from that day forward. Since the attacks a number of civil defense programs have been initiated, which leads to more departments asking for an allowance within the national budget.... [tags: Fiscal Defense Spending Budget Military]
962 words (2.7 pages)
- Wasteful Repetition 12 years of our lives are spent learning the basics, 12 years. Yet, after those twelve years of near continuos education, colleges require us to relearn what we already know, knowledge that may be irrelevant to our chosen major. Core Curriulumn is a waste of time and money. Each year for twelve years we wake up on a day around August in order to attend required schooling. We learn english, mathematics, sciences, health, and history. School becomes our lives, almost a career that lasts approximately 120 months.... [tags: essays research papers]
1908 words (5.5 pages)
Reidl, Brain M. "Examples of Government Waste." Http://www.heritage.org/Research/Budget/wm839-list.cfm. Brian M Reidl, 15 Sept. 2005. Web.
Brownback, Sam. "Brownback reacts to State of the Union Address." Http://brownback.senate.gov/public/press/record.cfm?id=180360. Sam Brownback, 29 Jan. 2002. Web.