When you go to buy a car, whether at a car lot or from someone else you will notice the cars paint job. It may be a solid colour or something a little special and unique. At the surface it may just look like a solid color but in fact there is a lot to do and various steps to make it appear this way. These are some of the ways that you can paint a car. Before a car is painted it needs to be prepped. Prepping happens after it has been primed and painted. Then the car needs wet sanded, buffed, and polished. These are the ways to prep a car.
When you paint a car you need to tac it off. Tacing off a car is when you use a tack rag to go over the panel and the tac rag takes off dirt and anything else that sticks to panel. So that when painted there is nothing under the paint. When you paint you need to keep a consistent speed and distance from the panel, to stop from runs and orange peel. A run is where the paint has been applied to thick and it runs down the panel. Orange peel is when the surface looks like the peel of an orange. Other things that can happen are fish eyes, which is when something on the panel has contaminated the paint and it causes fish eyes on the surface of the panel.
Before a car is done or given back ...
... middle of paper ...
...Then after primer you need to sand the primer a higher grit usually 320 grit. Then you have to clean it again tac it off and begin base coat. Usually you need two to three base coats. After you spray the base coat you will clear it. Most people clear a car two to three times also but you can make a car look like a mirror and very shiny. This is usually used on lowriders and custom cars. Lowriders often use ghost paint which is when you paint a design over the base coat in almost the exact same color so it is hard to see, that is why its called ghost paint. A very popular paint is when you see one color and then look at the panel at a different angle and you see a different color. As you can see the possibilities with paint are endless. Painting is something that is highly appreciated by art and car lovers. But deappreciated by the common people.. A true art form.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Overall Analyses of Toyota JOS and PCS Toyota operates its companies anywhere in the world with more precise way, they can manufacture parts of different models of cars of the same category in one factory. Also it produces some parts of the cars’ engines in one factory and then transports them to the production lines to be installed by models. Process costing system is considered the main process that Toyota relies upon to manufacture thousands of its identical products to their customers around the world.... [tags: job order system, engines, hybrid cars]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- The Chemistry of Painting Cars It is necessary to paint cars because the paint protects the steel of the car from corrosion, paint fills and smooths out any imperfections in the steel surface and it provides a durable, decorative, glossy appearance. If rusting continually takes place the car becomes unsafe. When water and oxygen come in contact with the metal of the car surface, several redox reactions happen. The oxygen is reduced to hydroxide ions and iron is oxidized to Fe2+ ions which pass into solution.... [tags: Papers]
1045 words (3 pages)
- The day of my brother’s graduation party had finally arrived. We prepared all morning by carrying and setting up nearly a dozen tables with stacks upon stacks of chairs. Coolers were then stocked with enough soda, bottled water, and beer to fill a pond. Then the food was laid out, with each person hauling as much as they could carry back and forth, again and again. It was enough to feed an army, I joked. A few hours later guests started to arrive, and I was drug out of my room to help greet them.... [tags: climb, camera, painting]
677 words (1.9 pages)
- Winter Landscape on the Banks of the Seine is a Neo-Impressionist painting. Matisse created this painting in CA. 1904-1905. The oil on canvas is 12 3/4 x 15 3/4 inches on its own. In the frame the painting is 19 1/4 x 23 1/8 inches. This painting is located in the Seattle Museum of Art where it hangs with other Neo-Impressionist paintings. This painting generates a sense of serenity and sets the mood in a romantic tone. This is created by the colors, the setting, and the style that Matisse chose to use in this painting.... [tags: Oil painting, Painting, Emotion]
1052 words (3 pages)
- Watercolors vs. Oils Fine paintings are a very prestigious part of today's society as well as society years ago. Watercolor paintings, which are paintings in which you use water as a base, date back centuries. Oil paintings, which are paintings made from an oil based pigment, also date back centuries to their prominent impact on famous Renaissance paintings. Throughout the years an ongoing debate emerged and challenged the idea of which paint option is the best, while the answer, in fact, lies in the type of painting.... [tags: Painting, Watercolor painting, Oil painting]
849 words (2.4 pages)
- Edith Wharton's The Custom of the Country In The Custom of the Country, Edith Wharton weaves business and greed into the society of her novel. Undine, the heroine of the novel, has insatiable wants, complete disregard for anyone else’s needs and frightening precision in getting what she desires. Although the novel very rarely treads into the offices of Wall Street and only alludes to the business practices making and breaking the characters, business is brought into the parlor and even bedroom of Undine Spragg, “She had done this incredible thing, and she had done it from motive that seemed, at the time, as clear, as logical, as free from the distorting mists of sentimentality, as any of h... [tags: Edith Wharton Custom country Essays]
438 words (1.3 pages)
- Muscle cars have always been a big in the United States such as the Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camaro, and Chevrolet Corvette. These cars have been some of the most popular cars for the past 35 or more years, but over the past 20 years, Japanese cars are becoming more and more popular. Many people who are into muscle cars despise these 'imports' and people who are into these imports have the same feelings toward muscle cars. These two types of car lovers have a strong dislike for each other and these cars.... [tags: Compare Contrast Cars Car Essays]
2044 words (5.8 pages)
- Custom Chip, Inc. Situation: Frank Questin is a product manager in custom chip, Inc a semi conductor manufacturer in custom chips. He is doing his role as Product Manager from last 14 months and it is his first managerial position. The sales of the company exceeded $ 25 millions in 1986 but due to higher competition the growth had come to standstill. Problem / Issue: Following are the problems, which I am enlisting on priority level, while others are the symptoms due these causes. a) Frank Questin Product Manager is ineffective in some areas.... [tags: Custom Chip Industry Case Study Analysis]
1525 words (4.4 pages)
- I have always wondered what Hybrid cars were all about. Especially because over the past couple of years gas prices have been at record highs. I knew that there were such things as electric cars but until this last year or so I have only seen the wealthy be able to afford to drive them. And from what I had heard about Hybrid cars was that they were over priced, small, and not so attractive cars. No wonder nobody owns them. Now I am starting to see them more often and they aren’t as bad as everyone had said.... [tags: Cars Car Hybrids Gas Essays Vehicle Automobile]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- In the summer time of the year 2000 this picture was taken. The photographer was myself. I tried to capture the Oldsmobile Cutlass in the air off all four tires. The person controlling the car was my friend June Rodean. We were attending a low rider car show in English Town, New Jersey. The car in this picture is an Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme with hydrolics. This car also is equipped with the following: twelve inch spoke rims, custom paint job called a bowling ball the color is called bowling ball because the paint is mixing together like a bowling ball or a piece of marble, there is a string of neon blue outlining the interior.... [tags: essays research papers]
434 words (1.2 pages)