"I can't believe there is another one" read surprised Henry Peters. "That
must be 5 houses in the last 2 months. Why would anyone do such a vapid thing?"
"Dad, they don't even know if someone is setting them yet!"
"Oh Billy, wake up and smell the smoke. Fires like that just don't start
Billy knew that as he was walking away, but since he was the cause of all
the fires he did not want anyone to know. He felt ashamed that the only way he
could make money was to set fires and then get called in to the fire station as
a part time worker. He had no other way to make money for his girlfriend and
her Christmas present. He tried to keep living this life for as long as he
could but he was not sure how long he could keep it up. If he were to ever be
caught Lord only knows how long he would be locked away for.
Coming from a small town nobody was used to all the buzz going around. It
made Billy nervous. That was all everyone talked about on the small shaded
streets of Prince Rupert.
"Billy, Billy!" Henry yelled.
Snapping out of his dream world Billy relied "What?"
"Go down town and pick up some eggs would ya?"
"Yeah sure Dad."
As he walked down the street Billy pondered if he was really doing the
right thing. He had convinced himself that since Christmas was the time for
giving and he was just getting a little extra cash so he could give some more
to his girlfriend; he was doing the right thing. As he looked around the normal
hang out spots like the barber shop, he noticed the grim look on all the old-
timers and could not really put two and two together to...
... middle of paper ...
that moment eighteen Christmas' flashed by Billy's eyes in about 5 seconds. He
could remember all the times that he ran down the stairs to rip open the
presents. Then the little boy ran back around the corner. Billy took off
through the woods quicker than he had ever run before, he did not know what else
Feeling that he was doing the right thing he went to the police station and
gave back all the money that he had made from the fires. He also turned himself
"Billy do you know what this means?" Asked the chief of police Sergeant
"No, what's gonna happen to me?"
"Well Billy depending on what the jury's gonna say, you could face capital
punishment. But until then I'm afraid were gonna have to keep you in a cell."
"But officer that's not fair." Pleaded Billy.
"Sorry Billy, sometimes life's not fair."
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I woke up in a quiet house. No sound of Christmas music, no sound of bustle in the kitchen, no sound of anybody opening presents. The one thing I could hear was the hum of the heater downstairs. Nevertheless, I still felt cold. I glanced to my right, toward the empty bed. The blanket covered almost the entire thing, and its edges were tucked deep within the frame. I didn’t understand the point of keeping it made when Porky wasn’t around to screw it up anymore. It was like someone preparing a welcome-back party for a dead person, and Porky might as well be dead by now.... [tags: personal narrative]
1460 words (4.2 pages)
- Through Everything, Love. It was a clear Christmas Eve, a warm breeze rustling through the trees as the car drove smoothly round the bend. The night sky was radiant with stars shining like diamond drops suspended from blue silk. The soft sound of Christmas carols echoed from the dark blue station wagon as it coasted along the road. A dark brown haired young man with electrifying blue eyes, sat comfortably in the drivers seat. Presents perfectly gift wrapped sat on the back seat of the car to be placed under the Christmas tree that night.... [tags: Creative Writing Example]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Beyond the joy that causes cold and the snow coming season, there are other reasons to expect more interesting winter. Christmas is one of the exciting holidays of the year and if you look in terms of gifts, is the most beautiful and awaited celebration. Most times, however, this event involves some headaches because choosing gifts for your loved ones, often proves to be an impossible task. Therefore, one of the most efficient codes that you can enjoy presenting your loved one is watches. Do not be impressed by a watch that uses a large number of gemstones.... [tags: gear, design, features, gift]
531 words (1.5 pages)
- It all began yesterday with the discovery of a male body in the park at 6pm. It was Christmas Eve and I was about to go home when I was informed of the incident. I went to the scene with two other officers but I was extremely eager to get back to my family. As I walked through the park, snow started to fall and all I could think about was the poor family of the man, unaware of his death. I started to think about my own family, my children waiting for me to come home so that they kiss me good night before Santa came.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
508 words (1.5 pages)
- 'Ding Dong' The doorbell rang as I scurried around, trying to put the finishing touches on everything. I was excited but at the same time, I was freaking out. I was so felicitous that the college had chosen me out of all the other professors there, and now the gravity of the situation was weighing down on me and I was panicking. 'Welcome' I screamed as I opened the door. To be honest, I did expect the person at the door to be Earnest Hemmingway himself, for he really was the only one that mattered to me tonight and I had done this whole stupid dinner for him.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
1720 words (4.9 pages)
- In the early morning hours, Emma Schrader sat up in bed. Her hands fumbled across the top of her nightstand feeling for the box of matches. She felt the familiar edges of the box; it was right where she left it. She retrieved a single matchstick and clumsily dragged the tip across the rough-hewn tabletop. A bright flame exploded into existence. Emma touched the match to the wick of the candle she kept on the table next to her bed. Emma took great care to capture her thoughts on paper during these few waking moments.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
1421 words (4.1 pages)
- Many critics agree, “The Gift of the Magi” is, in all respects, an amazing and one of a kind story. One critic says, “Ironically, Fagin arrives at something utterly crucial to the success of 'The Gift of the Magi': that it has everything—an absorbing (if short) narrative drive and a twist ending that makes it wholly original” (Korb). Even renowned critic, Rena Korb, agrees; O.Henry did an excellent job with this story. Though O. Henry wrote many great stories, one of his most famous, and favorite, stories of all time is “The Gift of the Magi.” “The gift of the Magi” is a classic about a couple who sacrifices their happiness for the other.... [tags: The Gift of the Magi]
4443 words (12.7 pages)
- She waited for the phone to ring. An old lady named Erica was waiting to hear the good news for grandchild to be born. She finally gets the call that she has a grandson now. Very excited to meet her grandson she decides to fly Dallas the next morning and stay there for the rest of her life. As Jimmy grows up he really get s bonded with her grandmother. When he was ten she dies and there is a sudden change in his behavior. He was a genius in studies but ever since his grandmother died he had stated being to everyone around him.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
492 words (1.4 pages)
- Walking inside the typical composition class, one can expect to see the students crafting the five-paragraph essay or working on a persuasive piece as they try to argue they side of an in-class debate. Composition classes do not only work on a studentís writing, they also get the students to think through their writing (at least the good ones do). There is a certain well-accepted style to teaching writing in the traditional composition class, and it works very well for many students and teachers.... [tags: Creative Writing in the Writing Classroom]
3568 words (10.2 pages)
- In 2112, a High-Technical Robots Factory has invent and produce thousands of robots that contain every single human’s abilities, but in fact, they are even better than human because they has a lot of different special items, and each item has its own magical power. However one of the robots, called Doraemon, has a huge mistake during the process of manufacture. But none of the workers has found out. So now, Doraemon’s special items might not be always working properly, and sometimes it might have the opposite effect of the original power.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
1047 words (3 pages)