There are many things to consider when buying a tablet. One may be overwhelmed when they walk into a store and see multiple options of tablets, including but not limited to; multiple brands, sizes, features, colors, and even price. It’s most important to cover the top three brands of tablets, which happen to be the iPad, Kindle, and Nook. Before buying a tablet, it is important to decide what it is you would use your tablet most for. Would it be reading? Games? Apps? Or would it be everyday use in replacement of a computer or laptop?
When looking to purchase a tablet from Apple, a few options are available. As of now there is an iPad Air, as well as an iPad mini. They both contain similar features; however, the iPad Air has a 9.7-inch display while the iPad mini has a 7.9-inch display. The new iPad Air is unbelievably thin and light, and yet it’s so much more powerful and capable. With the A7 chip, advanced wireless, and great apps for productivity and creativity — all beautifully integrated with iOS 7 — iPad Air lets you do more than you ever imagined, in more places than you ever imagined. On another note, any way you look at it, iPad mini is just incredible. And the stunning Retina display is only the beginning. With a new A7 chip, advanced wireless, and powerful apps — all beautifully integrated with iOS 7 — iPad mini with Retina display lets you do more than you ever imagined. Feature for feature, it’s identical to iPad Air in every way, except for its super-portable, hold-it-in-one-hand, still-just-right mini size. It starts at $399. (Apple)
Amazon is now offering the Kindle, Kindle Fire HD, and also the Fire HDX. Many people have come to love the original Kindle eBook Reader, but as techn...
... middle of paper ...
...deciding on a tablet to purchase, as well as which brands fit their needs and budgets. In my opinion, tablets should be used for leisure rather than work, and they should not have to be heavily relied on. It is important that buyer’s understand just what a tablet can do so their expectations aren’t too high.
As far as wireless systems go, all of the tablets that I listed are able to connect to Wi-Fi, however, if one would want to be able to connect to the internet without having Wi-Fi, they could pay a monthly fee to a cell phone company such as Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint. It all depends on the buyer’s needs and wants.
Inc., Apple. Apple. 2013. Apple. 22 November 2013
—. Apple. 2013. 22 November 2013
Network, Tech Media. 2013. 22 November 2013
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Purchasing a Notebook Computer Thinking of purchasing a new computer. If portability is a factor, then a notebook may be the way to go, versus buying a desktop computer. There are many things to consider when choosing that perfect notebook or laptop computer. It can be especially confusing if one isn’t technologically savvy, or has been out of the loop for a while. What are some of the important things to consider when purchase a laptop or notebook. We will take a look at size considerations, cost, choosing useful features, and a few other things that will help make purchasing a notebook easier.... [tags: weight, screen, accessories]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- In today’s advanced world that we live in, we could hardly see ourselves not getting in touch with mobile devices. It first started with a cup of coffee and we will spontaneously slip our phones or tablets out for online free newspaper in the morning, checking the traffic before our journey, sending e-mails to clients, having conference calls and many other features. Tablet, the all in one device that we hold everywhere we go. The purpose of this paper is to observe the popularity of tablet brand between Apple Ipad and Samsung Note.... [tags: Apple Tablet, Samsung Tablet]
1850 words (5.3 pages)
- How to Purchase a Tablet Tablet computers have become all the rage. They are small mobile computers that can be taken anywhere. Tablets are equipped with cameras and touchscreen keyboards eliminating the need to bring your camera, video recorder, or mouse. Tablets are larger than smart phones and PDA’s (personal digital assistants), measuring about 7 inches diagonally (Wikipedia). This makes it easier to read novels or newspapers, play games, check weather, and view movies or video. A new study from the Online Publishers Association (OPA) concluded that tablet sales are “exploding.” The results show that 31 percent of Internet users now own a tablet compared to 12 percent in 2011.... [tags: wi-fi, ios, touchscreen keyboards]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- Dana Mattioli authored Tablets: Ultimate Buying Machines in a published WSJ.com article of September 28, 2011. The article describes the new purchasing relationship between tablet owners and their shopping habits. This relationship, spotlighted by retailers, portrays tablet owners as high impact shoppers, placing large and expensive orders via online order sites. The main characters in this article include various tablet owners, portrayed as more affluent than typical shoppers with an average larger orders.... [tags: Article Analysis ]
1062 words (3 pages)
- Principles of Buying In the long-term, the success of any organization depends on its ability to create and maintain a customer. Do you agree. What does this have to do with purchasing and supply management. Yes, I agree that the success of any organization depends on its ability to create and maintain a customer. No matter where the supply function is located on the organizational chart; each member of the supply organization has the opportunity to improve relations with internal customers and suppliers.... [tags: Buying Business Market Strategy]
1647 words (4.7 pages)
- Are you in the market for a new tablet. Look no further than the iPad Air 2. The iPad Air 2 comes with all the features you could possibly want. It contains dependable software, it’s easy to use, has an amazing battery life, and comes in a compact size. The iPad Air 2, although expensive, is the best tablet on the market as of now. Apple software is known as some of the most reliable software you can have. All apps in the App store are checked for viruses before being available for use. The web browser used by Apple products is also protective against viruses.... [tags: IPhone, Apple Inc., App Store, Laptop]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- Buying a computer today is much more complicated then it was ten years ago. The choices we have are abundant, and the information we must gather to make those choices is much greater. The average consumer is a more educated buyer; they at least have some ideas of what they want in a computer. Yet, we must still ask ourselves these significant questions; such as: What will the primary function of my computer be. What computer components should I consider at the time of purchase. How much money do I have to spend.... [tags: Technology Market Analysis Informative]
1837 words (5.2 pages)
- Considerations in Casino Design “ Architecture organizes and structures space for us, and its interiors and the objects enclosing and inhabiting its rooms can facilitate or inhibit our activities by the way they use this language”(Lawson pg.6). Casinos are tough and competitive markets that strive to out do one another in promotions, amenities and overall design. A critical analysis of the considerations taken when designing a casino can be broken down into the theoretical forces of psychology, that include motivational, cognitive, perceptual and social influences.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
689 words (2 pages)
- TABLET PCs Combines Simplicity of Paper with Full Power of Windows-Based Computing For the past few years, the Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) has grown tremendously popular. However, due to size restrictions, it has always served as a secondary device to the desktop computer. So a number of hardware manufacturers unveiled a new form of communication, the Tablet PC. What exactly is a Tablet PC. It is a notebook PC with a touch-sensitive screen and is a bit larger than the size of a sheet of paper.... [tags: Technology Computers]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- Tablet PCs Weighing in at 2.5 pounds the Table PC is the newest creation in the world of portable computers. Instead of having to use a mouse and keyboard this new computer uses only an electronic pen and a few keys. Without even having to hook up to a phone-line you can wirelessly connect to the Internet. While the computer may be small itself its capabilities are far from it. One model of this PC is called the Convertible. This version looks very much like the normal laptop computer we’re used to today.... [tags: Personal Computers]
782 words (2.2 pages)