In the 21s century, the field of computer science is experiencing fundamental transformations. In this article “Three New Concepts of Future Computer Science” was written as an observation result of a new computer science resulted from the six-year Sino-USA computer science leadership exchanges. The authors of this article , Zhi-Wei and Dan-Dan Tun, list three new concepts of the future computer science: computational lens, computational thinking, and ternary computing. We view the salient feature of these concepts, discuss the way the displacement in the article had a positive affect, as well as the rest of the article.
In order for a reader to obtain an interest on such topic, one must compose a good first impression. That first impression is typically the title. Three New Concepts of Future Computer Science pinpoints the general idea enlisted in the article. Throughout the article it can be observed that the authors displayed the three concepts while also carrying them out with cohesive examples. One miniature fallback of the title is due to majority of the audience not being drawn because they lack interest on such topic. Other than not choosing an ingenious title to go along with the topic, the authors do acceptably well when pinpointing the subject within the title.
The second impression most readers critique is the introductory paragraph. Due to the length of this article being pages long, it can be inferred that this particular article consists of more than one introductory paragraph. The first few paragraphs introduce the general idea of Computer Science and the projects created by China and the US. Such paragraphs that only include facts in the introduction might impact the connec...
... middle of paper ...
The closing of the essay would more than likely satisfy most, if not all, readers. It listed the main ideas that were discussed as well as the methods that were used when displaying them. The authors also listed the different types of impacts China and the US have influenced. The thesis was also displayed in the last sentence, although worded differently. The conclusion was well thought out and well written.
This essay analyzed different parts of the article ‘Three New Concepts of Future Computer Science’ written by Shi-Wei Xun and Dan-Dan tu. The title, thesis, opening paragraphs purpose, methods author 's persona, and conclusions were closely looked at. All parts were essential when approaching the reader. Analyzing each section provided a better understanding on the article as a whole. Over all the displacement of the article had a positive effect.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- An important field in computer science today is artificial intelligence. The novel approaches that computer scientists use in this field are looked to for answers to many of the problems that have not been solved through traditional approaches to software engineering thus far. One of the concepts studied and implemented for a variety of tasks in artificial intelligence today is neural networks; they have proven successful in offering an approach to some problems in the field, but they also have some failings.... [tags: Computer Science]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- Yihao Hu Statement of Background & Goals Emory University Department of Mathematics and Computer Science Degree Objective: Ph.D. in ComputationalMathematics In the realm of mathematics and applied mathematics, I am especially interested in numerical methods for partial differential equations, fluid dynamics, dynamical systems, scientific computing and Optimization. The magic of mathematics that attracts me most is solving the most sophisticated problems in the real world through different applied methods which are based on the rigorous theoretical analysis.... [tags: Mathematics, Applied mathematics]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- Background Concepts are mental representations that enable individuals to categorize objects (Weiskopf 2013). A preferred definition by Smith (1989) states that a concept is “a mental representation of a class or individual…” [emphasis added], in other words, classes are represented by concepts. It is worth noting that as there are different types of categories, correspondingly, there are different types of concepts. To enumerate from Goldstone & Kersten (2013), notable categories are (1) natural Kinds (dogs and oak tree), (2) man-made artifacts (airplane, software), (3) ad hoc categories (things to take out of a burning house), and (4) abstract schemas or metaphors (events in which a kind a... [tags: Scientific method, Concept, Theory, Truth]
1507 words (4.3 pages)
- Statement of Purpose From my earliest memories I can recall that I have always been intrigued by machines and devices that displayed some sort of “intelligence”, like the radio controlled cars, television remotes, and handheld video game consoles. I had the habit of taking these things apart and somehow in my own way, tried to figure out and conclude what component did what. Almost always I ended up rendering these devices unusable. Nonetheless, these early experiences did cultivate in my naïve mind a sense of appreciation for the complex assembling of such components into working units.... [tags: graduation, dell, engineering]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Introduction For this project, I decided to do something that helped to assist new (and experienced) guitar players learn new songs or concepts regarding the instrument. Originally, I wanted to create a program that was capable of recognizing guitar chords via a cable plugged into the microphone-in port of a computer as they were played in real time. After completing some preliminary research, I was only able to find one program that was similar to my initial idea. This particular program would take an MP3 then analyze the guitar playing and spit out which chords were being played in the song and when.... [tags: Computer Science]
1891 words (5.4 pages)
- Statement of Purpose In the pristine place of Goa where parties and fun is at its peak, I was present there for the coding competition of Google. Though standing runner-up I learnt the vital phase of fun with work, in this Endeavour. This competition paved the way for me to pursue Master in Computer Science, which would help me to be a Google employee. Being in the kernel of technological and computing revolution, the field of Artificial Intelligence tends to change the human-computer interaction.... [tags: Computer science, Computer]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- Most clients see a PC at the front and utilize the graphical client interfaces. The first occasion when I utilized a PC, it interested me to know how these interfaces function, the hypothesis behind PCs and the strategy of how they function. I am a quick to promote my Computer Science learning. Contemplating Computing, ICT and Maths at A-Level has expanded my craving to need to know more about this subject. Besides I trust that my two week work experience arrangement, situated in IT support at ARM Holdings, gave me an incredible understanding into how a worldwide Computing business functions and affirmed that I needed to go into processing.... [tags: Computer, Software engineering, Computer science]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Computer The technology in these days is considered help hand for everything to do our work with fewer errors and faster time. As we know many people in these days using the computer each day for doing their work and assignments or just for spending fun time. Computer word does not just mean hardware and software but means more than that. It means everything related to technology such as infrastructure, networks, and programming languages. Computer facilities have three primary computer specialists that are computer science, computer information system, and computer information technology.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer science, Computer]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- Computer Science is a popular major with one of the brightest spots in the employments of current society as the world is becoming more and more advanced. People who graduate with a computer science degree are considered computer scientist; Computer scientists use technologies like computers, smart phones, and basic knowledge and reasoning to solve whatever problems they encounter. Computer Science Engineers write software programs that allow machines to do new things or improve tasks more efficiently; programs like Facebook, Twitter, and mobile messaging software have improved many people’s lives with easier and simpler ways of communication.... [tags: Computer science, Electrical engineering]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- Computer science is a field of study that while widely used, is not well understood without some education. Parents desire the best education possible for their child, including getting the most out of their education by encouraging pursuit in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). For the past several years across the United States there has been a new discussion in what classes should and should not be required. Some say that requiring such classes will be too much of a burden or an unrealistic ideal, while others say that requiring them will have a number of long-lasting and wide-reaching benefits.... [tags: Education, Secondary education, Computer science]
1382 words (3.9 pages)