In Malaysia, computer engineering is still in a developing stage and most of the universities in my country are not fully equipped to offer a full-fledged computer courses. My family impressed upon me that if I want to have the best education in your life then obtain it from the best university. Well, Purdue University is one of the highest rated university offering computer engineering programs in America.
It is a fact that the United States of America is the most scientifically and technologically advanced country in the world. This is because of its numerous entrepreneurship and scientific achievements. These great qualities are of the product of the academic environment and the strong learning spirit, which is inculcated by the American education system thus making it the best in the world. It is also a known fact that Neil Armstrong is also an alumni of Purdue University, therefore this institute has a special place not only in America but also in the world. Being a student in such a reckoning college would be a lifetime opportunity.
During my first year in INTI College, I have begun to search for university that can help me accomplish my personal and professional goals. Purdue University is ranked in...
... middle of paper ...
...w technology with better materials to create a budget yet faster computer for people in the less-developed nations.
I was an active member of my Red Cross Society. As a commander and quarter master in my high school Red Cross Society, I played a vital role in the organization and execution of event such as the Sport Day and major inter-school marching competitions. I feel the ability to work in a team efficiently and speak out our opinion in discussion are crucial in any chosen career. My personal goal is to develop my public speaking and managerial skills further. University is the place where students can discuss and simulate situations that they will face throughout his career in a secured environment. I deeply believe that Purdue University will not just fulfill my objective of gaining knowledge in my chosen field, but letting me become a better communicator.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Engineering has dated back to a time long ago. The concept of engineering has been present since ancient times. People have been making fundamental inventions The pulley, lever, and and wheel, although simple ideas, have a modern definition of engineering. Engineers in the Ancient Era were mainly used for building and supervising the pyramid constructions. Different civilizations used engineering in different ways. Ancient Greece made machines in both public and military fields. Archimedes was known for the creation of the Antikythera mechanism, which was the first known computer model.... [tags: ancient times, inventions]
1048 words (3 pages)
- Iraq has been at war since 1980. War after war. These devastating wars have made my country one of the worst in the world in many aspects. Of course, they have influenced the life of each and every person living there. I have seen the war and all of the crippling effects that the war could leave behind. From destroyed cites to desperate people that have no hope to rebuild their country and their lives. It affected me personally and shaped my personality. When I see this pessimistic and dark atmosphere, I feel there should be some people that can with their talents, change Iraq for the better.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer science, Science]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- Mae West once said, “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” The best way to ensure that happens is to pick a career that you will enjoy for the rest of your life. Choosing a career that will be the best for you is hard as their are thousands of opportunities. To help you find the best career you should research about areas that you are interested in. This is what I did. The first career I looked at was an Naval Intelligence Specialist. The second was a Biomedical Engineer. And finally I looked into Aerospace Engineering.... [tags: Engineering, Electrical engineering]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- I Wish to Pursue an MS Degree in Electrical Engineering During my senior year at Purdue University, I made a decision that has impacted the entire course of my education. While my classmates were making definite decisions about their career paths, I chose to implement a five-year plan of development and growth for myself. I designed this plan in order to examine various careers that I thought might interest me, as well as to expand upon my abilities at the time. As I was attaining a BS degree in Electrical Engineering, I decided to focus primarily on fields related to the VLSI (Very Large-Scale Integrated) circuits area.... [tags: Graduate Admissions Essays]
1421 words (4.1 pages)
- In the past decade, technology has started to touch every aspect of our lives. However this isn’t necessarily a good thing. With almost everything being online and our cyber security being so low this can cause a major problem for anyone using the internet. Low cyber security can bring down large organizations and ruin countries this has become a problem that many software engineers have and are still trying to solve in order for this to not become an unfixable problem. Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method.... [tags: Computer, Software engineering, Computer security]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- Did your phone just ring. Or was that your computer notifying you of a new email. Since the Digital Revolution and the addition of digital electronics like the personal computer, software-based technology has always been an essential aspect of our lives. Something that would have taken up an entire classroom can now fit within the grasp of your hands thanks to the efforts of various computer scientists and engineers, making our lives much easier. My passion for both software and hardware behind it stems from having been fortunate enough to be introduced to it at a young age.... [tags: Computer, Software engineering, Computation]
1066 words (3 pages)
- Adarsh Ravi (VIT University, India) Application for MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Texas A&M University (TAMU) With the advent of integrated chips, electronics has revolutionized the world and changed how we live. Electronics is present in a gamut of products ranging from ubiquitous appliances like the radio and calculator to something as complex as spaceships. Just imagine how tedious it would be to implement a system as sophisticated as a spaceship using computers made of vacuum tubes.... [tags: Electrical engineering, Electronic engineering]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- Engineering is not the only major that Purdue offers, however, engineering is so prestigious at Purdue what anytime someone is asked where they go to school and the person says, Purdue, they are always asked if they are an engineer. Being an engineer automatically sets you higher than people with other degrees solely based on the fact that engineer is indeed so nationally prestigious at Purdue. This effect can be seen even within the students, engineering students are less likely to hang out with liberal arts students because to the engineering students those who are in liberal arts are inferior to them.... [tags: Education, College, High school, Higher education]
2078 words (5.9 pages)
- Many aspects of Computer Engineering are affected by the study of Magnetism. Unlike many fields of study, however, magnetism can be both helpful and harmful when it comes to many of the devices used in computers. One of the most basic examples of the use of magnetism in conjunction with computers is the hard drive. Nowadays, hard drives are used in many different consumer electronics products from computers to mp3 players to game consoles. A hard drive is used to store large amounts of data, and also to retrieve stored data quickly.... [tags: Computer Engineering]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Computer Engineering - A Carrer as a Computer Software Engineer Introduction The explosive impact of computers and information technology on our everyday lives has generated a need to design and develop new computer software systems and to incorporate new technologies in a rapidly growing range of applications. The tasks performed by workers known as computer software engineers evolve quickly, reflecting new areas of specialization or changes in technology, as well as the preferences and practices of employers.... [tags: Computer Software Engineering]
2327 words (6.6 pages)