Have you ever been on an airplane where you were so desperate to use the lavatory that you rush out of your seat only to abruptly hail to a stop as you see the food trolley moving ever so slowly down the aisle? Nature calls and mentally all you want to do is push everyone out of your way, hurl the trolley against the wall and run like your life depends on it towards the lavatory. Of course, that would not be the action of a sane individual. Instead, they would wait patiently, trying to control their bodily excretion. Is that the kind of behavior airliners want to trigger in a client? I believe not. Such difficulties should and could be avoided by airlines willing to please their customers by providing them with a more innovative solution in serving food and beverages.
An innovative idea would be, instead of pushing an in-flight service cart across an aisle and stirring up discomfort, installing a sleek design ceiling rail and attaching a wheel-less in-flight service cart to it, is the solution to this dilemma. Unlike the vertically shaped cart presently used in airplanes, this new product would be horizontally structured. Attached on the top of the cart is a hook-like technology that allows it to connect manually to the ceiling rail that is installed in the middle of the ceiling, where the aisle pathway runs. The aim for this new product is to make it easier for passengers to move freely around the airplane at all times, without worrying about a blocked aisle. With that in mind, the wheel-less in-flight service cart would be wider in size, but shorter in height, making it easier for passengers to walk right beneath it. The wheel-less food cart would have the dimensions of half that of a regular wheel-ba...
... middle of paper ...
...dustry as a whole. Moreover, improving passenger satisfaction, which ultimately is the most essential part of the industry. The wheel-less food cart, would not only serve passengers in a better manner, but will also help airhostesses perform their tasks with a more stress less approach (Subordination). The airline industry undivided has developed many new dynamics to the latest aircrafts both externally and internally. Such as, modernized seats, grander lavatories and much more. However, the issues of food carts have not yet been addressed. If this idea were to be taken seriously, implemented efficiently, designed professionally, for people of all classes from economy, business, and first (Triplet), then we would be a step closer to equality. Although this method is not favored by most airlines, it could be a new approach to equalizing the classes (Subordination).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Everyday, society is inside. We eat, sleep, go to school, play sports, shop inside. In these places we cook, paint, clean, wear perfume, and sweat. But where do all the pollutants of these items go. They stay inside of the home or in a school building, until people start to realize a problem. This problem is indoor air pollution and it is growing concern worldwide not only because of the health effects, but the increase of pollutants indoors. Just like outdoor air pollution can be controlled and reduced, so can indoor air pollution.... [tags: Air pollution, Lung cancer, Air Quality Index]
1437 words (4.1 pages)
- Air is really important for our survival. Air gives us oxygen which is essential for our bodies and our organs to live. It is the most essential element for all living organisms and yet, most humans play a big role on polluting this essential resource and this means air pollution occurs. According to the Geoplanet.org, air pollution is the addition of harmful substances to the atmosphere resulting in damage to the environment, human health and quality of life.... [tags: Pollution, Environmentalism, Air pollution, Oxygen]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- Carrion Comfort by Gerard Manley Hopkins Gerard Manley Hopkins was a talented poet, and he was also extremely devoted to his faith. He used his poetry as an avenue in which to express his love and praise to his Creator, and many of his poems are beautiful hymns of adoration. “Carrion Comfort,” however, is one of his “terrible sonnets.” Hopkins not only wrote about the beautiful part of faith, but also the questioning and suffering that inevitably comes during a person’s spiritual journey. The Petrarchan or Italian sonnet was one of Hopkins’s favorite forms of poetry and one that he employed frequently in his writing.... [tags: Carrion Comfort Hopkins Essays]
3427 words (9.8 pages)
- While all of the issues I mentioned above are related to outside where citizens easily unprotected to anywhere they visit, there is an existence of is air pollution caused indoors as well. By means of indoor, the home you are living in with harmful air particles generated by solid fuels consisted of carbon monoxide (CO), Sulphur dioxide (SO2), nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and several other compounds (Bruce, Rogelio & Albalak, 2000. UN Report, 2008 pg. 125-126 and 129). All of those compounds were found in biomass fuels like animal dung, wood, and coal.... [tags: Air pollution, Smog, Natural gas, Greenhouse gas]
1047 words (3 pages)
- A Simple Comfort The comfort of sitting in our nice warm home in Sauk Rapids is very satisfying. Although my house brings me much luxury, another setting makes me feel very at home. Internet use, city water, a comfortable bed, and 100 miles differentiate the two places, but the environment I am in, the people I am with, and the things I do at the deer shack give me a particular kind of comfort. Sitting in my deer stand on the evening of rifle-hunting opener I was thinking about how much I wanted to rush out of the cold November weather and into our cozy little deer shack.... [tags: Deer, Hunting, Deer farm, White-tailed deer]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- The dining porch, where Martha joined us for dinner in August 1962, was another gem like the beach and front porch. Each of these embellishments contributed to making the Comfort Island setting something extra special. A ten-foot wide veranda surrounds most of the house. The front porch wraps around both sides of the building. The side facing the pump house and main channel runs the length of the structure and even extends around the back of the house and the master bedroom. On the Keewaydin side the porch borders the living room and dining room.... [tags: personal narrative]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- There are only a hand-full of alternatives to petroleum(or diesel)fueled cars in the world. such as electric cars,solar cars,vegetable oil cars,and even cars powered by ‘fast-food’ grease. but there is another type of alternative fuel for cars that many people do not know about,or even heard about,or even thought that this very simple element,(which we use every single day,and use it to survive) could ever be considered as an alternative fuel for cars.This element which you are using right now, is air. It seems like a brilliant,genius idea to use air,the most common simple substance in the world,as an alternative energy.So why do we not use it as one?well actually air has been used for t... [tags: Environment, Alternative Energy, Fuel]
1451 words (4.1 pages)
- Willis Haviland Carrier invented the first air conditioner in 1902. This was designed to boost the working process control in a printing plant. Carrier’s invention controlled temperature and humidity. The low heat and humidity helped keep the paper dimensions and ink alignment the same. Later his invention was used to populate productivity in the workplace. The Carrier Air Conditioning Company of America developed for the increasing demands. Gradually, air conditioning was used to help increase comfort in homes and cars.... [tags: essays research papers]
328 words (0.9 pages)
- SUMMARY This report recommends that basketball players try the Nike Air Flightposite. These shoes are hyper-thin, with a fully integrated molded foamposite PU upper construction and a full-length, dynamic sleeve. This shoe is built for speed with a zippered dynamic-fit lace cover; the shoeliner is encased with Zoom Air to provide enhanced cushioning and responsiveness during quick moves. All-around players seeking a high traction shoe with a sock like fit. Among other advantages, the Air Flightposite extremely lightweight and has a great forward roll for fastbreaks.... [tags: essays research papers]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- Investigating the Basic Factors that Affect Human Comfort As a species, we human beings are warm-blooded creatures; that is we are biologically able to maintain a constant body temperature of 37Â° centigrade, regardless of the temperature of the air around us (within reason). However, for us to be truly comfortable in our environment, it is desirable that the temperature of the air around us is maintained at around 10Â° - 20Â° centigrade, depending upon whether we are active or at rest.... [tags: Papers]
2358 words (6.7 pages)