College drop-outs Steve Jobs and Stephen Wozniak and friend Ronald Wayne established a company named Apple Computer in 1976. Steve Jobs owned 45%, Stephen Wozniak owned 45%, and Ronald Wayne owned the rest of the 10% of the company. After a while Wayne sold his share back to Jobs and Wozniak for $800. They showed their inventions at conventions and had an advertisement during the 1984 Super Bowl.
According to http://www.businessinsider.com/this-is-where-apples-money-comes-from-2014-12, Apple is
currently making their money by selling iPhones, they are the largest selling item in the company bringing in $101,991,000,000. The second largest is the iPad bringing in
$30,283,000,000. Then the Macbook, then iTunes purchases, accessories, then lastly the iPod. Apple did not come up with their own ideas they simply stole others ideas and made them better. They have come up with a couple of their own ideas but pirated most of them. They did in fact steal the innovation that put them on the map.
Apple comes out with a new phone every year usually in October. The products always have a unique feature to them, whether it has a fingerprint scan to unlock the phone or they made it bigger and skinnier. The newest iPhone is the iPhone 6s, they made a couple upgrades from the 6 or 6+. For example one of the colors of the 6s you can get is Rose Gold rather than just getting the black, gole, or silver.
They have shaped today’s technology because a lot of the population have iPhones.
Their future is very bright, I think everybody will end up with Apple products. I think they will
come up with some pretty spectacular ideas. With Apple I think we are headed to s...
... middle of paper ...
...,000,000. They still even rent out DVDs, you have to pay a little extra but it’s not really that much if you think about it. Netflix came up with the idea to use the internet to rent movies on DVD.They also came up with the idea to stream movies online with a monthly subscription. Netflix did not steal the idea to put their company on the map.
Netflix is very very popular, especially among the teenagers. They have made names for watching Netflix with other people, “Netflix and Chill” and the amount of subscribers is just going up. In my opinion Netflix will be more popular than regular television, so many people have it right now and you don’t have to wait till the next week to watch the next episode, you just hit next episode. There’s a lot of movie on there too that you can watch. There are a lot of different genres like horror, comedy, action, romance, drama, etc.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- At least once a person’s lifetime, everyone think about who they want to become in their future. Most of the things they want to become, requires certain college degree to achieve that goal. Taking that first step of attaining the degree can be time consuming and involves loads of hard work. Some people have more determination and motivation to be successful, while others lack the motivation and can not finish. Not everyone drop out because they lack the determination to finish, instead they run into other obstacle while equipped with the motivation.... [tags: determination, work, problems]
578 words (1.7 pages)
- School drop Outs Problem: Teens today face a lot of pressure. Many students deal with difficult life situations that hinder them from focusing on their futures. This can lead to a loss of interest in school and school events, such as a sports, clubs, or after school programs. Teens start to prioritize other things over their education. Every year, over 1.2 million students will leave school without earning a high school diploma in the United States alone (“11”). That’s a student every 26 seconds – or 7,000 a day (“11”).... [tags: High school, Dropout, Graduation]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- Typically, an individual is in school from kindergarten to their senior year of high school, which is an equivalent of thirteen years. At the age of eighteen one is given the choice to either complete their high school career or drop out. Each day 8,300 high school students decide to no longer be present in school ("HighSchoolDropoutStatistics"). That is when a fast food chain restaurant, for example McDonalds and Jack and the Box gain a new employee. It is not a bad thing to be employed at a fast food restaurant, however now the requirements are to be attending school or be a high school graduate.... [tags: Teenagers, Education, College, Fast Food]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- In spite of high school student dropout prevention programs already in place in the public school system, even more are needed to help students realize the dire consequences of dropping out of school. A study done by NYC Department of Education states, “Over 20,000 students drop out of high school each year”. It also states, “Most of them are Black and Hispanic. Another study was conducted in 2006 and concluded that about 19 percent of Hispanic students and 15 percent of Black students dropped out, and only 8 percent of Asians and 9 percent of whites dropped out as well”.... [tags: black students, students ar risk]
1577 words (4.5 pages)
- Many high school graduates often get accepted to a four-year private or public college/university, yet choose to go to a community college in hopes that they will save money and stay away from debt. These students often plan to go to a community college for two years and transfer, often, with an associate’s degree. Yet most of these students do not even make it to their second year of community college. The average dropout rates for community colleges is at a staggering thirty-nine percent. That would mean out of one hundred students, thirty-nine would drop out; that is over one-third.... [tags: Higher education, University, College, Dropout]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Is College Still Worth it . Since their childrens infancy parents have always encouraged their children to go to college and become a professional. But in this new age economic crisis, is college really worth it. Tuition costs are rising to a criminally high price has everyone arguing. Is college really a good investment. Well in a very short way, yes it is. An investment that makes you 500,000 to a million dollar lifetime payout is uncomparable. In the end, today an average college graduate will make far more over the course of his or her life than the average high-school graduate who doesn't attend college.... [tags: life satisfaction, college drop outs]
1355 words (3.9 pages)
- When it comes to drop outs, those students do not seem to realize how close they truly are to success, high school is such a small part of a person’s life and some of those people have problems completing their education. Even though there is not enough funds to make sure all students can complete their high school careers, I believe the amount of high school students dropping out is getting too high because education is a large part of our civilization. You need to have a certain knowledge base in order to get by and students need an education in order to get further in their life goals.... [tags: teenage jobs, decrease in funds]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- Apple Inc.: The Company of the Future Apple Inc. went from rags to riches in becoming the largest company in the world by market cap and making $108 billion in 2011 (Heather). Apple Inc. was an underdog and Microsoft was ruling the technology world. Then Apple made the iPod and the iPhone and with that they took over the technology world. Apple sold one million iPhones in the first three months of releasing of the first iPhone in 2007 (Heather). Since the beginning of Apple, Apple’s inventions have affected America.The invention of Apple's products have greatly impacted Americans by enhancing education through the inclusion of iPads in schools, paving the way of the smartphone industry wit... [tags: market, steven jobs]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- The number of people dropping out of high school is on the rise. A high school drop out is more likely to be subjected to poverty. The high school drop out will historically be less likely to obtain a high paying job. Many high school dropouts will be less likely to become a productive or beneficial member of society, but will instead create a burden for the community for which he or she is a member. According to the National Center for Education, in 2001 the dropout rate was approximately, 10.7 percent for people between the ages of 16 to 24.... [tags: Education]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- The topic that I will writing about is about the company of Apple and how it is a great company. I will also be talking how Apples is a utilitarian company and makes products that makes the consumers happy. Apple is one of the many electronics company that make computers, tablets, phones and iPod. Apple was a company that was founded by Steve Jobs, a college drop out on April 1, 1976. In this essay I will be discussing how Apples products make consumers happy, the philosophy of apple and how apple also makes people angry.... [tags: Apple Inc., Steve Jobs, IPhone, IPod]
1943 words (5.6 pages)