For me, playing was one of the very most important things. I had so many toys, but I would always rather play with, for example, Lady Spoon and Master Fork that hailed from Ye Old Drawer. I had many other ordinary objects I would make up to be interesting. One would never find me playing with an actual Barbie doll.
Once I had fished planning my day in my head, I then proceeded to get dressed and ready to tackle the day. As soon as I was able to sit down and eat breakfast, my sister woke up. My sister, Ronnie, is just three and a half years younger than me, but she acts like she is much younger than that. She runs out crying that I left her alone in our bedroom.
“Why did you leave me ALONE?!” Ronnie cries
Annoyed, I shot her a look of disdain, and growled “You big baby. If you can’t deal with me leaving my own room just to eat breakfast just because you want me to have the pleasure of waiting for your big butt to get up, then sorry, but not happening.”
Ronnie begins to weep, but I can see through that in a New York minute. After I finish my breakfast I bring my dishes up to the sink. As usual, I quickly rinse the dish off and set it in the sink. However, it was hard to put my...
... middle of paper ...
...e victim of a ghostly possession. You should think of yourself as lucky that he didn’t possess you.” Ronnie looked up at me and said that I was right and that I was brave. I then proceeded to make myself look better by saying, “and I even tried to fight it, he was strong, but I knew I had to save you somehow. You’re welcome.”
In the days to follow I grew very guilty and had to confess to her. She didn’t take it well. In fact she told on me right away, even after I had tried to bribe her with three quarters; I guess she just didn’t see the endless possibilities of 75 cents like I did. I was later punished and was made to do everyone’s laundry for a week. However, I saw that there was something very valuable to be learned from all of this; the next time I got revenge (which was soon in Ronnie’s case), I won’t be confessing after I have already gotten away with it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Day I will Never Forget A punch a shove, "where is the money she boomed characteristercally. I was now in a tornado of perplexity .The situation was to ghastly to contemplate, "Our father who art in heaven, I made a silent prayer. It all happened during one sunny and fine Saturday on the twenty fifth of May two thousand and three when l woke up to the most annoying voice in the whole world that of my crony Matt who was barking and shouting all over face. After miserably managing to struggle out of bed with Matt throwing pillows at me l headed for the bathroom.... [tags: Papers]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- A few months ago a girl named Cindy's parents took a vacation to America, leaving her alone with her aunt and two daughters, Tiphisha and Moya. Her parents lived in England and were extremely wealthy, and for that reason her aunt, Lorna and her daughters were jealous of Cindy and despised her very much. They treated her very bad, Cindy had to do all the chores in the house in order to keep it clean. They ordered her around and gave her dirty clothes to wear. They would keep her locked in the basement so that no one would know that she was there.... [tags: Creative Writing Short Story]
962 words (2.7 pages)
- I love a sunny day. Perhaps because I was born on an Island. The warmth of the sun on my skin feels wonderful to me, and I rather be hot than cold. Any day. My skin has been exposed to the sun rays since a very early age. The only thing required to go to the beach when I was growing up was going. We never wore sunscreen or protective clothing. If anything, in the teenage years when I became concerned about my appearance, I would lather myself up with baby oil to intensify a tan. Many times I mixed it with carrots to stain the skin.... [tags: Ultraviolet, Sunscreen, Squamous cell carcinoma]
1985 words (5.7 pages)
- I watched out my friend’s window as her 12-year-old chopped wood in the back yard. I wasn’t sure which was more amazing, that he was helping without having been asked or that my friend was allowing her son to use an axe, seemingly with no undue anxiety on her part. He entered the house, taking off boots and gloves before shoving a couple of logs into the woodstove. Why was her child taking on such grown up tasks when I could barely get mine to clean their rooms. “She must need the help” my own father casually responded when I described the scene to him later that evening.... [tags: Homemaker, Housekeeping, Home, Cleaning]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- The program that I observed was Sunny Days Child Development Center. I completed this observation in the 12-24 month old classroom. The youngest child was 13 months and the oldest child was 22 months at the time of the observation. There were 10 children present and 3 adults and the ratio according to the lead teach of the Toddler One, there will always be 2 caregivers there all day, even though Iowa law allows a 1:4 ratio of caregiver to child. The room itself was arranged very well and very child appropriate.... [tags: Childhood, Infant, Caregiver]
1554 words (4.4 pages)
- "As Seen On TV" by Sarah Mlynowski Sunny Langstein is the protagonist in the novel "As Seen On TV." Sunny is a very smart and witty 24-year-old who knows the right things to say when it's necessary. She is white and has long brown hair and light brown eyes. "A piece of pineapple is trapped behind my bottom teeth, in the wire that my orthodontist glued on after I got my braces off." (pg. 19) She used to have braces, but now she has a wire glued to her teeth. She sometimes speaks or says that she is going to do something without thinking.... [tags: Sarah Mlynowski]
1949 words (5.6 pages)
- Disney Princess Pictures: Chores, Mirrors, and Chameleons At the start of Walt Disney Pictures’ Tangled, a title card cataloging the feature as Walt Disney Animation Studio’s 50th Animated Motion Picture appeared. The studio’s first animated motion picture, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, premiered to audiences in 1937. Over this 73 year gap and 50-movie timeline, how has the Disney animated motion picture changed, or even so, not changed at all. Both features follow the tale of their respective heroine, Snow White in Snow White, and Rapunzel in Tangled.... [tags: Disney Analysis]
2224 words (6.4 pages)
- Weather is a fascinating subject. It is such an intricate and amazing process, which our mother earth goes through on a daily basis. All over the world, weather seems to be a very important aspect for our everyday lives. For instance; sunny weather can bring on a very harmonious and beautiful atmosphere, while cloudy and rainy weather can bring about tragedy. In 1998; the earth experienced an El Nino which brought on fierce weather, flooding, and hurricanes. Weather systems are very broad and detailed, so please; sit back and enjoy as I attempt to tackle the subject of weather systems.... [tags: essays research papers]
1515 words (4.3 pages)
- An Explication of Washing Day One Source Cited The poem Washing Day by Anna Letitia Barbauld illustrates two different points of view of the events that are happening on washing day. The first view is how the people surrounding the author feel towards the chores to be done that day. The second is the view from the author when she was a child, observing all that is happening. The idea of the poem is to bring to the reader's attention the joy and innocence of childhood, while at the same time noting the importance of the events of the day.... [tags: Washing Day]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- August can be a terrific month in the garden. Traditionally August is the beginning of the tomato harvest season and all warm season vegetables should be maturing this month. In addition, gardeners can plan for fall crops of lettuce, spinach and other greens. August is not all sweetness and light however. Heat, insects and disease can take their toll. Don't let neglect destroy a summer's work. Weed, water and watch. Stressed plants are more susceptible to the ravages of disease and insects, and an overly-dry plant is a stressed one.... [tags: Gardening ]
627 words (1.8 pages)