After the Roman Empire fell from 400-500 AD, many of the Romans sought new leadership in present-day Germany. Many of the Germanic tribes settled there allowed the Romans to join their communities and even adapted some of their ways. One tribe in particular, the Franks, actually took it as far as adopting Roman law. Their leader, Pippin the Short, liked the Roman idea of an aristocratic hierarchy so much that he had implemented it in his tribe.
Pippin the Short’s eldest son, Charlemagne, was born in April of 748. He was born at the top of this hierarchy and had the privilege of learning how to lead firsthand from watching his father. Even as a young child, he participated in the political, social, and military activities associated with his father’s court.
The Franks were barbaric, war-dominated people. I think this would prove to make Charlemagne more used to war and maybe cause him to want to take over surrounding areas in his adulthood. The society taught the individual to be tough and to conquer by force. It clearly had an impact on the way Charlemagne thought as a leader because it made him want a big, unified area. He was raised by the society to take something if he wanted it, he should take it.
Family was extremely important in an aristocratic hierarchy because it determined everything. What family one belonged to determined what clothes they wore, what jobs they had, and how much authority they had with respect to the entire tribe.
Leadership was passed on through family. So when Pippin the Short died in 768, the kingdom of Franks was divided between Charlemagne and Carloman, Charlemagne’s younger brother. Carloman died shortly a...
... middle of paper ...
... Dynasty wasn’t worth the trouble and spent his days in hiding so he wouldn’t have to deal with the responsibilities. Other groups saw this as an opportunity to shift power and although the Ming Dynasty was not overthrown during Li’s reign, it is widely agreed that his rule was the “nail in the coffin”.
Wan Li changed his surroundings in a negative way. His unmotivated attitude and refusal to help the people of the empire made the political and economic systems crumble due to simple lack of upkeep. His main “contribution” to the Ming Dynasty was to let it die.
I think Wan Li was a terrible leader and a coward. It was shameful enough to not fulfill expectations, but I have no sympathy for a man who literally hides from them. His people were struck with natural disasters, epidemics, and attacks from the Manchu while he did nothing to their aid.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- kids this long without even calling, so, I’ll call around and after I find out something, I’ll call you back, Okay.” “Okay.” said Stan. “Bye.” said Pam. Stan hung up. After hanging up, Stan paced the floor back and forward, thinking about what Pam said. He waited several hours for Pam to call him back. As he waited patiently, he thought about calling the police to file a missing person report but he decided to wait on Pam to call back. Stan felt as though Elizabeth was somewhere getting high and she just didn’t want to be found.... [tags: English-language films, 2007 singles]
2207 words (6.3 pages)
- The next day I hung out with Derek, we went to Starbucks of course. He just talked to me about how his day is and what 's going on, by what 's going on I mean problems with his next door neighbor. Stiles has also been going on and on about the werewolf shit and how Scott is one of them. He explained to me like everything about them, and how on the full moon they lose control or something. I asked Derek about this but he stayed silent, so I just moved on to the next topic. It was already Thursday and tomorrow was the full moon.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2006 singles, Going-to future]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Mike Rose shares his personal story to the public in “I just wanna be average”, as he reveals the many flaws within the educational system of a high school in an economically depressed neighborhood in Los Angeles. Rose, starting his first day of high school, was placed by an administrative error in the vocational track, due to the results of another student with his same last name. This mistake or error went unnoticed over the first year of his school. His classes were all dead end. The author encountered many terrible teachers in charge of this remedial track; most of these educators were paranoid, abusive, racist, and unprepared.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Higher education]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Working as a marketing assistant for a consumer electronics company, I am in charge of setting up my company’s booth and equipments at trade shows. Prior to any show, I meet the marketing managers to determine the equipment and displays needed for the show. These are then scheduled for delivery by a shipper to the show site. Once delivered, I supervise the setting up of the booths and equipment by the trade show personnel. After the show, I supervise the packing as well as schedule the shipment back for the booth components and equipment.... [tags: LAN, WAN, database systems, excel]
1164 words (3.3 pages)
- Network Upgrade Guglielmo Marconi S.p.A , an Italian engineering and manufacturing firm, has recently purchased Franklin Engineering Co, Inc. in an effort to increase its capabilities, have a US office, and increase profits. Most business processes and practices can be transferred easily, however the main project to complete the merger between the two existing companies, and create one sole company, is a complete network integration and network upgrade. Currently, Franklin Engineering operates a small office in the United States, and its network is very basic.... [tags: LAN, WAN]
560 words (1.6 pages)
- Riordan Manufacturing: WAN and Legacy Transition Problems Riordan Manufacturing's network configuration consists of infrastructure within four locations. The headquarters is in San Jose, CA and the other three are in remote in Albany GA, Pontiac MI, and Hangzhou, China. The investigation and detail required to demonstrate transition of WAN from Legacy to current design shows sources for which any problems may exist.... [tags: Business Technology]
1065 words (3 pages)
- Riordan Manufacturing WAN Project The current architecture of the Riordan Manufacturing Company Inc. Wide Area Network (WAN) and network security in place requires updated documentation. The purpose of this paper is to consolidate the existing information into a single format and evaluate the WAN and security documentation for an executive overview. Riordan Manufacturing, Inc. is an industry leader in the field of plastic injection molding. With state-of-the art design capabilities, they create innovative plastic designs that have earned international acclaim.... [tags: Internet Network Security]
1801 words (5.1 pages)
- The Last Hung: Joop's Mid-Life Crisis In Horst Stern's The Last Hunt, a man named Joop is portrayed as a professional worker in a very well known bank. Outside of being a banker, Joop enjoys to hunt wild animals. This has been a hobby of his since he was a young boy. Throughout the story many questions are raised about Joop's true feelings about his job, hunting, and his life. In the beginning of the story, a women walks in on Joop while he is staring at a picture on a wall in his office.... [tags: essays research papers]
1230 words (3.5 pages)
- LAN, MAN and WAN Network Topologies There are many different types of network topologies, but the three most common types are LANs, MANs, and WANs. The LAN topology is probably the most common of the three. The MAN and WAN topologies are used but not nearly as much as the LAN topology is, although the WAN is starting to be used more and more because of the growing population of networks. The LAN (Local Area Network) is used so much because it is used in small areas. Small businesses use LANs a great deal because they are small and they wouldnt need a WAN or a MAN because there business is usually ran out of one or maybe two buildings.... [tags: Papers]
379 words (1.1 pages)
- WAN Design Paper I am the vice president of information systems at IT Systems and Implementation Worldwide. I am solely responsible for the company’s networking abilities. Ken Jackson will be assisting me with implementation of this system. We want to help assure high network availability for mission-critical applications, secure the network from malicious attacks and unauthorized software installations, and reduce costs associated with implementing emergency security measures. The type of WAN connection we will use is Integrated Services Digital Network.... [tags: Computer Technology Networking Network]
1582 words (4.5 pages)