Jacob and Rachel had many children and one of them was Joseph. As a child, Joseph was by far his father’s favorite. His father favored him so much that he made him a nice robe but didn’t give any of his other kids robes. Joseph’s brothers were getting very upset and covetous when all of this was happening. Joseph always wanted to be the greatest of all the brothers. He told them this and they became very hateful towards him (Bible, Stories, Biblical Hero).
Joseph’s brothers were so angry; they just wanted to kill him. They decided that was not going to be the best idea, so they decided they would just sell him into slavery. They sold him and told their father that he was eaten by an animal. They showed their father some of his clothes they had taken to try and convince him. Jacob, was so torn up inside and all he could do was mourn. Everyone, including his brothers and sisters came to comfort him, but nothing helped. He just wanted to mourn until he met his son again someday (Bible, Stories, Biblical Hero).
Joseph showed characteristics of a hero by trusting God with everything while this was going on. He knew that even though his brothers betrayed him and sold him into slavery, that God had a plan for it all. God would always be there for him, guide him and give him comfort. This is one of the best q...
... middle of paper ...
...ue hero. This shows so much selflessness, that Joseph still loved his family and wanted to take care of them no matter what (Bible, Stories, Biblical Hero).
As we can see, through all of this, Joseph was one of the best heroes that ever lived. He had faith in God even when times are tough and life hurts. This is the greatest hero of all. There are many people that don’t trust God with everything and one might say that they are not even truly heroes. Then there are the amazing heroes like Joseph, who did trust God with everything and had true devotion towards him.
Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com, n.d. Web. 06 May 2014.
The Holy Bible. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2005. Print.
"Important Stories about Joseph." Why Is Joseph a Biblical Hero? N.p., n.d. Web. 4 May 2014.
"What Is a Biblical Hero?" Why Is Joseph a Biblical Hero? N.p., n.d. Web. 4 May 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Everyone wants to believe in a hero. Even someone who’s considered a hero has their own image of what a true protector should be. Truth is, there’s no such thing as a universal hero. Perspective changes everything, especially when discussing the characteristics a title must always have. A hero is someone who expects nothing in return, someone who can be normal or extraordinary but looked up to, and who has to sacrifice something to accomplish their goal. Being a hero means accepting everyone involved in your journey.... [tags: Service, Sacrifice]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- Characteristics of a Hero “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself” (Campbell 1). When we think of heroes most of us think of movie stars or professional athletes, but it’s not always about your popularity or talent it can also be about how you help society. What I think make a great hero is someone who is able to overcome his or her obstacles in life, is highly motivated, and has plenty of bravery. Overcoming obstacles may be one of the hardest parts of being a hero.... [tags: essays research papers]
535 words (1.5 pages)
- Stories of heroes have been a source of inspiration and awe for as long as people could tell them. We look to legends of great men and women who have accomplished grand tasks in hopes that we, too, may one day be as tremendous as them. Indeed, most of us do; albeit not in the way we imagine. Most of them slip by us unnoticed, overlooked, and will never be the protagonists of epic stories. So what exactly makes a hero. I believe a hero to be anyone who possesses the qualities of a hero: courageous, perseverant and compassionate – all of which Abraham Lincoln perfectly demonstrates.... [tags: log cabin, kentucky, symphaty for pets and people]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- The idea of a hero can be perceived in several different ways, mainly people are defined as heroes due to personal life experiences or accomplishments. Though most perceive heroism as that, I however feel that the true heroes are just everyday people trying to do whats right. I believe a hero is someone who is determined to do whats right no matter the cost, a hero is someone who is selfless in bad situations and a role model. A hero does not always have to fall under these categories but it can be anyone that makes a significant impact on someones life, and can be looked up to as a role model.... [tags: caring, role model, accomplishments]
900 words (2.6 pages)
- Code hero characteristics are many distinctiveness qualities characters have that other individuals do not acquire. The characteristics describe a “hero”, but the hero does not talk about the characteristics. Frederic Henry for example, expresses many code hero characteristics. His philosophy of life is based on love, loyalty, and respect, but he does not talk or think about. An additional characteristic of Frederic is that he allows fate to play determining roles in life events. As I said previously, Frederic Henry philosophy of life is based on love, loyalty, and respect.... [tags: Character Analysis ]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- “The Labours of Hercules” introduces the most famous Greek hero in mythology, Hercules. He completes twelve immense tasks at an early age for killing his family while under a curse from Hera. The story of his labours contains many reasons why Hercules is classified as a classical hero. Hercules exhibits many of the traits of a classical hero, including numerous guides, hazardous journeys and several hardships and afflictions. Hercules demonstrates one trait of a classical hero by asking for or accepting assistance from other characters throughout the story.... [tags: The Labours of Hercules]
541 words (1.5 pages)
- The Virginian The cowboy hero, The Virginian, as portrayed in Owen Wister’s novel was the first of his kind and today is known as the stereotypical mythic cowboy figure which our view of the western frontier are based from. The Virginian was the first full length western novel apart from the short dime novels which marked the final stage in the evolution of the cowboy hero to a national icon. The Virginian was published in 1902 and at that time was wildly popular because of the settlement of the west.... [tags: Western Hero, Characteristics]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- “A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with [their] freedom” (Dylan). However, though heroes face complications throughout their quest, in the end they often accomplish an important rask. In the book, Like Water for Chocolate, the main character, Tita shows a perfect example of a hero. Tita is in a continuous emotional quest throughout the entire story, but proves along the way she is indeed one who will not fail. Many characteristics of a hero certainly fit Tita’s character, however, there are some very important ones, she: suffers an unusual childbirth, yields a special weapon, goes through a traumatic event that leads to an adventure, has supernatural help, exper... [tags: quest, love, characteristics]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- ... My point is, it was ultimately Odysseus's skill in this area that kept him alive and allowed him to be successful. Besides being exceedingly clever, Odysseus was also very dedicated, both to his quest and his companions. Even in the bleakest of situations, Odysseus did not give up. For example, when the crew landed on the Island of the Sun, Odysseus, who knows that his crew is prophesied to perish there, warns his shipmates that their stores of food are on their ship and that they musn't eat the catle of the sun god, Helios, or they will all pay dearly for it.... [tags: literary analysis, true hero, Homer, Odyssey]
1125 words (3.2 pages)
- A True Hero As I read David Halberstam’s ideas in his essay, “Who We Are” (2004), I started thinking about our nation’s leaders and heroes. September 11th came to my mind and the many firefighters and rescue workers who heroically risked their lives to save complete strangers. Then, I remembered that the media dubbed Jessica Lynch a hero when she came back to the United States. Not only Jessica, but also many other American soldiers fighting abroad are called heroes. I started wondering if their bravery actually makes them true heroes or not.... [tags: Definition Hero Heroes Essays Role Model]
3557 words (10.2 pages)