Firstly, it is crucial to have some common characteristics in management styles to become a good manager. They can be expressed as organisation, communication, control, leadership and so on. Successful leaders are better to have large social networks, which relate to great communication skills, that can help them to build up close working relationships with consumers, employees and bosses (Goleman, 2004). Besides, having a well-organised structure of the company is always the key to success; so the managers need to have a structured and systematic working style (Wilson, 2010). Applying the right leadership styles is important to control the company better, good managers need to be decisive and assertive (Goleman, 2004). Furthermore, both male and female leaders have their strengths in leading teams . Men possess masculine traits such as aggressive, dominant and directive c...
... middle of paper ...
...tments in ASX 200 companies and 13 per cent of total director positions.” This reveals that there is an added focus on gender diversity (sherwin, 2014).
To summarise, this essay has examined different characteristics of management styles of men and women, provided an example of Austrialia and discussed which gender could make a better manager. Since the number of successful women managers is increasing steadily, this can show that they could make better managers than men. From the above information, women can success because of the determination to succeed as male managers have. This means not only men could make better managers, gender is not a factor to define this statement, but the ability and competency. Both women and men could be examined equally by their own personalities and potential instead of the bias and variety of judgmental opinions of gender roles.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There were many characteristics in which Lynn Tilton displayed both a good manager and a good leader. According to Turk (2007, p. 20), “The best answer is that a good leader and good manager can, and should, be one and the same.” Lynn knew and understood what it took to make her businesses run, she understood the in and outs of the business and she was very decisive. In addition, she was in tune with every aspect of how to effectively run and operate her business. She knew how each functioning part played a role in the productivity of the business.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Positive psychology]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- Throughout 2016, many different people will claim they can lead America to greatness again just as they do each election year. This directs attention towards leadership, and most Americans simply trust that these potential candidates display leadership characteristics. Unfortunately, politicians don’t always exemplify leadership, and many Americans experience poor leaders daily such as dreadful bosses. Because of these commonplace experiences, leadership may not appear as a direct character trait.... [tags: Communication, Management, Leadership, Sociology]
700 words (2 pages)
- CONTENTS INTRODUCTION 3 CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS 3 LEADERSHIP CHARACTERISTICS 4 FACTOR CONTRIBUTED TO DEVELOPMENT OF ISSUE 5 CONMTEMPORARY THEORY OF LEADERSHIP 5 FOUR STRARTEGIES 6 EVALUATION 7 CONCLUSION... [tags: manager, complaints, consumer]
1878 words (5.4 pages)
- Have you ever thought about your past or current manager(s) and their leadership skills. Are they good leaders. Think about the different traits and characteristics they have as a manager. A good leader and manager is able to empathize with their employees, take constructive criticism, and actively listen to what their employees have to say. Another aspect that a good leader must have is to be able to create a welcoming environment for each individual employee by providing proper orientations and ways for the employees to get to know each other.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Team, The A-Team]
2491 words (7.1 pages)
- 1. a. Given your understanding of leadership and management, are you more of a leader or manager. Provide a rationale of your answers by relating the answers to the characteristics of a leader and a manager. Leadership is the process of influencing an organized group toward accomplishing its goals. Leaders strategize, innovate, inspire and take a long term view to any situation. Managers accept the status quo, imitate, administer, ask how and when, and do things right. Some people believe you are naturally included to one or the other.... [tags: Management, Leadership]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- 1. Define the main characteristics of successful project managers and address specifically two bad things that unsuccessful project managers sometimes do. The best project managers are those who consistently deliver, on time and within budget, projects that meet or exceed stakeholders ' expectations. (Levinson, 2008) Project Managers interact with different types of people at different levels within the organization and outside the organization. Since their responsibilities include directing and coordinating various resources throughout the life cycle of the project, it is important the Project Managers have certain characteristics to ensure project success.... [tags: Project management, Critical path method]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Characteristics of a Good Leader A good leader is not defined by his title but by his or her character. God grant that men of principle should be the principal man. (Thomas Jefferson) There are many characteristics that define a good leader such as humility, integrity and discipline these three characteristics are important foundational principles to lead with great character. Humility is a key ingredient to a good leader, when a leader truly understands the importance of humility one will never have an issue of helping someone else better themselves.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Positive psychology, Skill]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- Introduction Leadership is a very important concept in the area of nursing. Successful leaders can't achieve goals without inspired and motivated followers. Most people have observed nurses who've been placed in leadership positions but failed to capture the hearts and souls of those they lead (Feltner, Mitchell, Norris & Wolfle, 2008). In essence these types of leaders are very ineffective in what they do. In order to be a successful leader, one must possess certain characteristics that not only define who they are but inspire those who they lead.... [tags: Empathy, Excellence]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- We often have a tendency to criticize our leaders or senior managers who are at the above level then we are based on their salaries, compensation packages and their benefits. To argue that statement, have we ever thought about why they are considered our leaders, why we do have to consider them our leaders or senior managers and how much time and effort they have invested in their career to get the position they are. Not all executives or managers are considered good leaders. Having traits like motivating all level of employees and managers, influencing how to be a good leader, managing people the correct and most ethical way, always inspiring with positive energy, and articulating a shared... [tags: Leadership, Management, Servant leadership]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- The Global Manager The rapid growth of globalization has created a boundary less organization. To manage such an organization, there is a need for a global manager, one who manages across distances, countries and cultures. Considered by some authors to be a myth, wider research, readings and understanding suggest its existence. There are certain criteria which define a global manager, which are truly essential to successful manage in the international context. These managers are invaluable to the organization as they provide the competitive edge.... [tags: Business Management Studies]
2922 words (8.3 pages)
- The Effects Of Social Media On Children 's Lives
- Fasting And Wilderness During The Bible
- Feminism And Literature 's Ancestral House : Another Look At ' The Yellow Wallpaper '
- Obesity And The Global Obesity Epidemic
- Women And Minority Leaders And Minorities
- Who Killed Goliath : The Unresolved Mystery