Champion Services, Inc., like all other companies, desires to be the best. When it comes to delivering high quality programming and service to the people of the northwest United States, Champion Services, Inc. feels that there is no one better. Champion Services, Inc. currently provides a basic Internet portal for its customers. This portal provides basic information and the ability to request more information by automating an email message. The portal provides no customer account information and provides no transactional capabilities. Champion Services, Inc. has decided to provide to its customers a fully functional Internet portal. This portal will be fully secured and require the customer to enter a username and password to gain access. The Internet portal will allow the customer to review and pay any outstanding balance, review account history, and modify their current service by selecting from various programming packages. Champion Services, Inc. has tasked the proposal team with drafting a preliminary proposal that meets the company's desired needs. The proposal team will identify the software development and administration issues currently facing the company, identify possible alternatives for developing the new application, recommend a course of action, and justify that recommendation.
To help Champion Services, Inc. understand what it needs to meet the stated goals, it is important to identify the issues the company currently faces. To successfully develop the new Internet portal application for its customers, Champion Services, Inc. must address three main issues. These areas of concern include the current network infrastructure, the skills and e...
... middle of paper ...
... for developing the new application, recommended a course of action, and justified that recommendation. The proposal team suggests the use of PHP and MySQL to build the new customer Internet portal application. Both of these technologies provide Champion Services, Inc. with the flexibility and scalability to take the customer experience to a higher level of quality.
The PHP Group (2006). PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor. Retrieved August 19, 2006, from http://www.php.net/.
University of Rhode Island (2005). What is MySQL? Retrieved August 19, 2006, from http://www.uri.edu/home/help/www/mysql.html.
The Trustees of Indiana University (2006). What is Java? Retrieved August 19, 2006, from
Refsnes Data (2006). ASP.NET Introduction. Retrieved August 19, 2006, from http://www.w3schools.com/aspnet/aspnet_intro.asp.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... A sale is the conversion of a business inquiry leading into a contract or shipment. It is the activity of taking a lead and selling the item desired. The three functions of operation management, that is, finance, operations and marketing, operations interface at various points during the process of designing and developing products. These functions interface during setting up of realistic schedule, forecasting, and making decisions pertaining to quality and quantity(Heizer, 2011). Operations This function of operation management encompasses the following within an organization: management information systems (MIS), accounting, purchasing, manufacturing engineering, product design, logist... [tags: organization, personel, goods and services ]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- Operating System Proposal Linux has long been one of many operating systems that have been out to prove its worth in all types of environment. It is currently being considered for enterprise network purposes as well as data centers where it implies servers, workstations and any mainframes as needed. Choosing what operating system to use, whether it is open source or not, can be difficult, though. This paper projects the advantages and concerns of choosing an open source solution like Linux as administrators and users are becoming more aware of Linux running on both server and desktop systems.... [tags: information technology options]
2377 words (6.8 pages)
- 1. Project Background Tata Consulting Services (TCS) is an Indian based IT company which deals in hardware and software testing as well as developing. In this assignment I would like to report on the project undertaken by TCS for the development of Global Information Link 3 (GIL3) and eventually its deployment. I was part of this project as an intern in 2009 in Mumbai, India. GIL3 is an IT project which required the developing and deployment of the GIL3 software across all TCS branches in Mumbai and eventually India.... [tags: hardware, software, testing]
920 words (2.6 pages)
- Literature Review contains a complete picture of the related work done including critical analysis of existing software architecture evaluation methods / frameworks used to ensure quality of service in software architecture. It also consists of the limitations of existing models and provides motivation for further research in the same field. This chapter has been categorized into following four sub-sections according to the specific aspects of research domain. 2.1 Quality Attributes and the Quality Model An important issue in software development today is quality.... [tags: Information Technology ]
2907 words (8.3 pages)
- Windows NT Proposal Migration to Windows NT Proposal Plan As technology advances so should the products and services provided by companies. In every industry, technology is becoming the key success factor to growth and profit. The ability to communicate with people all around the world has created a new marketplace for business. In order to remain competitive, it is important for companies to utilize the most current technology. At ABC Inc., the use of the latest technological tools allows the company to provide first-rate, quality architectural engineering services to its clients.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1946 words (5.6 pages)
- 1. Expertise With over 25 years in the field of special education Dr. Friedlander brings a unique perspective to the field of assistive technology. Through the lens of a Licensed and Certified School Psychologist, Dr. Friedlander has worked with many children who present with learning differences who have benefited from the use of assistive technology. Dr. Friedlander is presently an Associate Professor of Education at the College of St. Elizabeth where he teaches graduate level courses in assistive technology and coordinates the Graduate Programs in Special Education.... [tags: Contract ]
1058 words (3 pages)
- The Establishment and Development of the Modern Internet and Where We Are Today Evan McFall University of North Alabama The Establishment and Development of the Modern Internet and Possible Future Developments The Internet. Possibly the most pervasive and omnipresent thing that has ever existed, or even possibly ever will ever exist. The Internet is still incredibly young. Having roots that formed in the mere 1960’s. It was developed by The Pentagon’s Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) to prevent other countries, specifically the Soviet Union, from developing a technological lead over the United States after the launch of the Sputnik satellite.... [tags: Internet, World Wide Web]
1941 words (5.5 pages)
- HACKD, LLC’s decision to establish CWE as its new research and development group is a welcome move for the organization to streamline research operations, and to develop innovative products and services. The proposed CWE systems will run the Ubuntu 15.04 operating system in order to access and share resources on HACKD, LLC’s network. The network comprises several servers running Windows Server 2012 R2, which provides various services such as DHCP, DNS, file sharing, Microsoft Active Directory, printing and web services.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft, Windows Vista]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Software development models: There are various software models available for developing the software’s depending on the project requirements the models are used. Because it completely explains when the user should proceed to next phase and when to conduct tests. The below are the few different software models • Waterfall Model • RAD Model • Integration and Configuration • Incremental Model • Agile Model • Proto type Model Case Studies: 1. Insulin Pump Control System: The Insulin pump control system is an automatic system which completely works based on the blood sugar.... [tags: Software development process, Waterfall model]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- Software development process is similar to manufacturing a physical product like a car or some other electric appliance. In manufacturing the creation of a product is heavily process driven. You may have a factory where each person has a specific set of tasks they follow. A worker (or robot) may tighten a screw all day long. Then the next task in the process is performed by the next specialist. The workers (and robots) do not deter from the process or make something up "on the fly". The parts churn through the through the process, and the output is a finished product.... [tags: Software development process]
1842 words (5.3 pages)