ComScore reports that social networking takes up about 84% of the internet users in the world. The major sites associated with these statistics include Twitter, Facebook and WhatsApp among others. The percentage takes up about 1.3 billion of all internet users. The technological advancements in networking have made it possible for Smart phones and other handsets to access the internet. Users around the world are now able to share up to date information and data in real time. The connection provided by social networks and smart phones gives the users a reliable communications platform for easy sharing of information (Liang et al., "Efficient and Secure Protocol” 175).
Smart phones play an important role in the field of social networking as they run applications that utilize various platforms to connect users. As a result, there is an increase in the number of smart phone applications that use the internet. The applications are divided into three broad categories among them being the smart phones with online social applications (OSAs). They establish a link between the mobile users (MUs) and internet service providers (ISPs). The MUs trust the ISPs; consequently, privacy and security of the former is covered by the latter. The second group comprises the positi...
... middle of paper ...
...rks: Challenges and Solutions." IEEE Wireless Communications 21.1 (2014): 33-41. Print.
Liang, Xiaohui, Zhenfu Cao, Rongxing Lu, and Liuquan Qin. "Efficient and Secure Protocol in Fair Document Exchange." Computer Standards & Interfaces 30.3 (2008): 167-176. Print.
Najaflou, Yashar, Behrouz Jedari, Feng Xia, Laurence T. Yang, and Mohammad S. Obaidat. "Safety Challenges and Solutions in Mobile Social Networks." IEEE Systems Journal PP.99 (2013): 1-21. Print.
Sapuppo, Antonio. "Privacy Analysis in Mobile Social Networks: The Influential Factors for Disclosure of Personal Data." International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Computing 5.4 (2012): 315-326. Print.
Zhang, Kuan, Xiaohui Liang, Xuemin Shen, and Rongxing Lu. "Exploiting Multimedia Services In Mobile Social Networks From Security And Privacy Perspectives." IEEE Communications Magazine 52.3 (2014): 58-65. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Leadership Challenges in Diversity The article, “Challenges of Leading a Diverse Workforce,” by Janice R.W. Joplin and Catherine Daus, discusses research that suggests six challenging factors when promoting diversity in an organization, along with proposed solutions to those challenges. The six challenges include, the Change of Power Dynamics, Diversity of Opinions, Perceived Lack of Empathy, Tokenism, real and perceived, Participation, and Inertia (Joplin, Daus 1997). The challenges and solutions are discussed in relation to a continuum that consists of stages of intolerance, tolerance, and appreciation for diversity in the workplace.... [tags: Joplin, Daus, Challenges and Solutions]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction Bank SolutionsInc. is in need of a tailored IT security plan for strategic advantage, regulatory compliance, and risk mitigation. As an organization that relies on IT for innovation and technical advantage, it is essential to invest in necessary security controls. This will ensure the infrastructure supports a layered security posture to detect, deter, eliminate or reduce as many vulnerabilities and exposure as possible. It is the responsibility of executive management to determine the amount of exposure and risk their organization is willing to accept.... [tags: Security Plan, Strategic Advantage]
1676 words (4.8 pages)
- If the mobile node moves out of its home network, it starts searching a new router called access router to provide service from the visited network. With the help of AR the mobile node will maintain connectivity with its home agent. But if the mobile node joins with a new network, topologically it’s not possible to maintain the address assigned by the home network. So a new address called Care of Address will be assigned by the AR, then the mobile node has to send an update to its home agent about its new care of address.... [tags: Security ]
1234 words (3.5 pages)
- The information security challenges faced in Zanzibar are persistent in transitional countries as could be seen in the case study “state of Information Security in Zanzibar’s public sector” (Shaaban, et al., 2012). Most of these challenges are partly attributed to lack of proper budgeting for ICT infrastructures, cultural gap awareness, political instability, trust, business continuity plan, and inadequate human resource management to effectively manage this technology (Dada, 2006). The application of e-government in corporate governance to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the public sector agencies and delivery of services to the users has increased extensively, due to its result ori... [tags: Security Challenges, Transitional Countries]
1456 words (4.2 pages)
- Abstract. Use of grid systems has increased tremendously since their inception in 90’s. With grids, users execute the jobs without knowing which resources will be used to run their jobs. An important aspect of grids is VO (Virtual Organization). VO is a group of individuals, pursuing a common goal but under different administrative domains. Grids share large computational and storage resource that are geographically distributed among a large number of users. This very nature of grids, introduces quite a few security challenges.... [tags: Information Technology ]
2469 words (7.1 pages)
- Introduction: Government is not to blame for issues relation to the concept of water security. Water security affects our daily lives and will continue to affect everyone for many years to come. If we do not take it seriously we will all carry the burden. This essay tries to explain what exactly water security is and why those specifically in Saskatchewan should be concerned about it. Next it examines the problems related to water security including, myths about water abundance, policy problems, economic problems, human health problems and environmental problems.... [tags: Saskatchewan, policies, solutions]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- ... Challenges One issue that was of particular importance to the bank was ensuring that files on its internal network could only be accessed by authorized employees. Another focal point for enhancing access security was providing employees remote access to the network nationwide. The Key challenges were: • Secure remote access for all employees • Convenient Solution for End-users • Centralize solution • Enable Mobility (Globalization and mobility of the workforce) Besides above in the previous setup NiB was running remote access VPN through ISA server which is resided in the inside network (Enterprise LAN) and with Windows based authentication through username and password.... [tags: NIB bank, infrastructure, remote access]
622 words (1.8 pages)
- India is widely believed to have arrived on the global stage. The country is celebrated for its fastest-growing economies, educated professional class, its urban-based prosperity, and its Bollywood-fueled cultural influence abroad. However, while parts of the country bask in the glow of new-found affluence, others continue to toil in the gloom of abject poverty. This other side of India is also driven by violence and unrest, which increasingly targets the government. Although there was some disagreement over whether it was possible to categorize security threats into internal versus external, it is undeniable that the country’s security challenges are numerous.... [tags: INternal, External, Fast Growing Economy]
1658 words (4.7 pages)
- Introduction The first thing that we must consider about Information Security is that there is not a final destination at which we can arrive. IT Security is an ongoing set of processes and activities that requires attention and expertise on a daily basis. It is important to understand that systems are not secured by themselves and it is our responsibility to maintain and improve them periodically as required. It is of vital importance to establish the appropriate mechanisms and requirements in order to support the company’s CIA triad.... [tags: IT Security]
2693 words (7.7 pages)
- Internet has vital impact in our life nowadays as it becomes more and more popular. It allows us to have wider range of communication and interaction, to exchange and share experiences, thoughts, information, and to make business online. Without doubt, internet make our life more easier, internet banking system allow us to manage our bank accounts, paying bills without queuing, online shops allow us to make purchase without going out, online education, publication and article postings allow us learn more than what we get from text book, and a lot more.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1381 words (3.9 pages)