Mechanical engineering is seen as a broad level of engineering. There are several different ideas that could be addressed in this profession. For example, mechanical engineers have many responsibilities, some of which include developing processes and products, and testing designs. Engineering is its own branch of science and technology that concerns the designing, building, and usage of engines, machines, and other structures. Mechanical engineering focuses more on the machines. Due to the fact that many companies and people require mechanical systems in some way, there are numerous opportunities in this profession. When researching the career of mechanical engineering it is important to address the history, skills and education, and positive and negative aspects of the profession.
Knowing the history of mechanical engineering will help give someone a better understanding of how the career works and why it is needed. Mechanical engineering is a necessary factor throughout all of history. It is how the world of technology advances. Mechanical engineering can be traced back all the way to 300 BC. However, the biggest growth in mechanical engineering happened during the 17th-18th century. In 200-300 BC, mechanical engineering could have been started by Archimedes and the Heron of Alexandria. Archimedes discovered what is now known as “Archimedes’ Principle,” which is a law of physics used with liquid and fluid mechanics. Using these principles, Heron of Alexandria was able to create the first steam engine. Although this was the first steam engine created, it was not necessarily used for anything specific. That didn’t come until the 17th century, when attempts were made to use steam powered engines for practic...
... middle of paper ...
...job outlook is low, there are many aspects of mechanical engineering. Depending on a person’s personal preference, the work environment and pay could be considered cons. There are people who for some reason just don’t think that $80,000 per year is enough money. Perhaps some people don’t want this to be their full time job and just like it as a hobby. In that case, it wouldn’t be a career.
Mechanical Engineering is a necessary part of life and needed for the advancement of technology. If there were no mechanical engineers in life, how would we have anything that we do today? Cars wouldn’t exist, we probably wouldn’t have wheels. Somebody has to be there to move technology forward and create new things. There are many fields of engineering that someone can be a part of. Mechanical engineering is very broad, because there is so much one can do in just this part of it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nico Berryhill 8th grade December 15 2017 Period 4 Mechanical Engineer. Because it is so awesome, my brother and my step sister works on mechanical engineer, and Iron man he works on mechanical engineer too ¨ so awesome¨ and so I get a all lot of money. They do Mechanical Engineer design and create machines and mechanical systems like Introduction to engineering, Computer integrated manufacturing, Principles of engineering, and engineering mathematics.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- Growing up, our first years of school are all fun and games. We take naps, color, and other fun activities, but as we get older reality hits us like a bus and realize that we must choose what we are going to do for the rest of our life. So, we think about our likes and interest and try to decide. It’s not an easy process by any means, it can be quite stressful. Picking a career is probably one of the most important decisions we will ever make in our life. It will determine many factors in our life as we get older.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
1725 words (4.9 pages)
- I have chosen the career of Mechanical Engineering for this research paper. The reason why I choose this career is because I am very interested in prototyping, designing, and building machines and other types of tools that we use in our daily lives. Mechanical engineers make people’s lives better and easier. I find this interesting inspires me to become one of them. This is why I choose this profession for my research paper. I will be going over five topics for this paper. These topics are: 1. High school and university requirements 2. What is the graduation rate in a engineering course at a top engineering university 3. How hard is it to get a successful job as an engineer 4. Average work... [tags: technology, prototyping design]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- In the last one hundred years or more, mankind has been making huge and extreme technological advances. Everything from automobiles to computers, and even robots that clean homes have been invented recently. There are many contributing factors, such as innovators and inventers like Benjamin Franklin, Nikola Tesla, and Alexander Graham Bell. Individuals across the world benefit from the works of these men and many other intellectuals. However, there are few more responsible than those who are engineers.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- I remember waking up early mornings, and going outside working on engines and vehicles with my father. I decided to become a mechanical engineer. After looking at the benefits, salary, the task and responsibilities being a mechanical engineer would be a great career, and the best preparation would be an education at Louisiana State University located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Mechanical engineers have specific task and responsibilities. For example they need to know how to “analyze problems to see how mechanical and thermal devices might be helpful in solving problems.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest and most diverse engineering field in existence. It has a long history, as it first came about during the Roman Empire. There were inventions prior to this that could be considered major feats in the mechanical engineering field also, but mechanical engineering didn’t always have the name it has today. The fact of the matter is that mechanical engineering has always been in existence and it always will be. Mechanical engineering has been around ever since man started making tools; although, the first mechanical engineering degree was not awarded until 1878.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- What Mechanical Engineers Do The career that I have chosen for this assignment is mechanical engineering. There are many branches in engineering which makes the field very broad, but I think mechanical engineering is best fit for me. Mechanical engineers use many engines, equipment, and vehicles to construct devices and thermal sensors that can help change our lives. These people evaluate the problems in the mechanics of subsystems and try to fix the particular issue with it so that it can return to its proper state of usage.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Mechanical engineering is a very broad and diverse job. Mechanical engineers are “thinkers and constructers”. They take ideas and turn them into real life. They “research, design, develop, build, and test mechanical and thermal censors and devices, including tools, engines, and machines”, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Basically, mechanical engineers work with anything that moves. Becoming a mechanical engineer is not very easy; it can take up to 4 years just to receive your bachelor.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE I am at the determining stage wherein I have to decide what I would be doing to make better my walk of life. I have a great urge towards pragmatic industrial work environment and therefore I wish to pursue graduation study. I pen down this statement of purpose to describe my educational background and career objectives that motivated me to pursue under graduate in Mechanical Engineering. Right from the age of 6years i.e.... [tags: statement of purpose, career choices]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- Dreams Do you remember what it felt like to be a teen and wonder what your future would become. That is right where I am at. As a freshman in high school, I have begun thinking about what my future in life will be. Which school, what career path, and where. All of these options are very overwhelming. At the moment, I would like to follow the path of engineering, manufacturing, and technology, and pursue college degrees in computer science and mechanical engineering. In order to achieve my dream, I can use background career knowledge, ACT test requirements, and habits designed to help you get to where you want to go.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Proactive]
2578 words (7.4 pages)