On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 12pm, UCI guitar students performed Beethoven 's music in different periods of arrangements for two guitars and guitar and mandolin at the Claire Trevor Amphitheater. The performance was titled the Beethoven Guitar Project which included a program of Rondo by Beethoven arranged for two guitars by Ivan Klinger, Beethoven Sonatine for Mandolin & Piano arranged for guitar, Fanasie from words of Beethoven arranged for two guitars by Ferdinando Carulli, variations for Beethoven Septet arranged for two guitars by Vinc. Schuster, and lastly variations from Beethoven Quartet arranged for two guitars by Vinc. Schuster. The outdoor atmosphere was casual and simple since the audience sat on cement walls that decreased in height in alternation as one moves from one side of the amphitheater to the other. The ground at the time was a mixture of mud and grass (especially at the front where I sat). The audience varied in age from college students to senior citizens with about 60-70 in attendance. It was fairly windy since the performers had to use clothes pins on their musical stands in order to prevent the sheet music from turning or flying off.
The concert opened with Rondo by Beethoven arranged for two guitars by Ivan Klinger, was played by Jonathan Gerrard and Shauantae Duncan, both on guitar. Rondo is a piece of music where the beginning music keeps on returning throughout the music. The introduction of the song was very fluent and lively that made me feel that I was in the medieval times. The guitars were not playing in unison due to Duncan’s playing guitar lower and calmer rhythm than the other. I really like how the how the beginning of the song was repeated thro...
... middle of paper ...
...response. Recall that the audience had a widely distributed age variance from undergraduate students to senior citizens. I also said that classical music composed by Beethoven was modernized to fit 21st century expectations and it was combined with an appropriate outdoor atmosphere (despite it being muddy). Lastly, the emotional response I felt was that it made me acknowledge that music originally composed for a particular instrument can be morphed to fit the tonality of a different instrument. I consider that very creative and intriguing. Overall, I recommend this concert to my peers where UCI performers play variations of Beethoven musical pieces using string instruments and do so in a lively manner. There was no point during the performance where I felt annoyed nor bored do to all five pieces having an engaging vibe that made time go much faster than usual.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- One of the concerts that I have attended was One Direction’s. One direction was formed by a group of boys from London in 2010. These young men were also known as Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. The band started off from a British talent show on television called the X Factor. During the audition, the boys were eliminated as individuals, but Simon Cowell saw great potential in these young men as a group. He decided to make it happen by giving them another chance to perform together, and indeed they became famous ever since the formation of the English-Irish boy band One Direction.... [tags: Concert Report Essays]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- Problem Gambling Service Coordination Demonstration Project Report 25 June 2010 Contents Project Background 3 Project Methodology and Outcomes 4 Project Deliverables 5 Project Report: Integrating Service Coordination & Problem Gambling Treatment 7 Recommended Actions 8 Appendices 9 Project Background The project is an initiative of the Victorian Government’s Taking Action on Problem Gambling Strategy (2006 – 2011) developed to enhance problem gambling treatment and the responsiveness of the problem gambling service system.... [tags: Project Report]
1526 words (4.4 pages)
- The Los Angeles Philharmonic Classical Music Concert Report I attended the Los Angeles Philharmonic classical music concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall on Friday 29 November 2013. The classical concert started at 8:00pm to the enjoyment of the huge audience that had been waiting for this amazing music extravaganza. Classical music concerts always offer magnificent entertainment and the audience in this concert was expectant to derive such entertainment or more. In attendance were Christian Zacharias who was the conductor and Martin Chalifour who was the LA Phil commanding Principal Concertmaster and Bach violin player.... [tags: music, concert, audience]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- The concert I watched was Discovering Masterpieces of Classical Music: Beethoven Symphony No. 5 via the video link as found in the course syllabus: http://digital.films.com/PortalPlaylists.aspx?aid=35642&xtid=59065 This performance of Ludwig Von Beethoven’s Symphony No. 5, Op. 67 in C Minor, is conducted by Claudio Abbado, conducting the Berlin Philharmonic in Rome in 2001. The Berlin Philharmonic is widely considered one of the best orchestras in the world. Since its inception in 1882, the Berlin Philharmonic has had only ten principal conductors.... [tags: Orchestra, Symphony, Ludwig van Beethoven]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Concert Report On November twenty-second, the concert that I attended was the APSU Wind Ensemble at the George and Sharon Mabry Concert Hall. The conductors of this concert were Gregory Wolynec, Christopher Dyel (graduate) and Sarah Turner (graduate). I have been to numerous concerts but never like this. When I first got to the concert I expected to hear the first instrument in the wood wind section; the flute, but unfortunately I was in shock because the musicians begin with a bass sound; the trumpet.... [tags: Music, Musical notation, Sonata form]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- Ludwig Van Beethoven also known as Beethoven was an extraordinary composer known by many. Beethoven was born around December 16, 1770 and died March 26, 1887. In his fifty seven years of life he was able to become a famous composer of classical music. His life may not have been long in our standards, but he had career highlights, music compositions, personal life, and his death. Beethoven had accomplished many achievements in his life, but some of his career highlights were what made him so popular.... [tags: Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- The Los Angeles County Museum of Art has a website that announces its programs. Anyone can easily find and choose a concert. I chose a concert for Sunday July 25, 2010. This concert was emerging artists from Ipalpiti Festibal 2010. It included the four pieces of music that are described below. One of these was Fantasiestucke, Opus 88, both Romanze and Duet were preformed. This concerto was performed by pianist Luiza Borac, violinist Vladimir Dyo, and cellist Yves Dharamraj. The second piece was Ahnung, a new discovery piece from Kinderszenen.... [tags: Concert]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- On June seventh at eight o’clock pm I attended a concert at Beneroya Hall. The concert was part of the Masterpiece series, performed by the Seattle Symphony and conducted by Hermann Michael; also including a special performance by the pianist Hélène Grimaud. The performance included four pieces, two by Ludwig Van Beethoven, one by Maurice Ravel, and the last was by Richard Strauss. The two pieces by Beethoven were; Overture to The Construction of The House, and piano Concerto No. 4 in g major, Op.... [tags: essays research papers]
456 words (1.3 pages)
- For this concert report I chose to go to a performance of student composers held at the Kimball Recital Hall. I chose this one because I wanted to see some of the talent that my peers have in the music realm, and also it was one of the only concerts I have been able to attend because I usually work at night. It was impressive to hear pieces composed by students. I cannot imagine creating something as complex as a musical composition, much less actually performing it, so this aspect of the concert was particularly awe-inspiring.... [tags: Music]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- CONCERT REPORT #1 I chose to do my first concert report on Pearl Jam. The concert took place at Deer Creek the weekend after class started, so it was perfect timing to do this assignment. This was the first time I have seen Pearl, and I thought it was worthy of writing a report on. If one has ever been a fan of Pearl Jam, they of course know that Eddie Vedder is the lead singer, and right beside him with his wicked lead guitar playing, Stone Gossard. The other guys on the strings are, Mike McCready on guitar, and Jeff Ament on bass.... [tags: essays research papers]
1098 words (3.1 pages)