Ophidion, Inc. is an early stage biopharmaceutical company located in Pasadena. The company is currently developing a new class of safe and effective drugs targeting some of the most important molecules in the central nervous system, the neuronal nicotinic receptors. These drugs will potentially be used to treat several cognitive disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, ADHD, schizophrenia, depression, and many other CNS diseases.
In the early stage, the company wants to initiate a management system as well as strategy that could maintain its capability, strength as well as core competencies within the market. Furthermore, Ophidion is considering different approaches to have good image, not only for the targeted market but also for potential partnerships, future employees as well as internal stakeholders. Ophidion’s goals of establishing this internship position were having an initiation of making outlines and filling appropriate information for its business plan and development plan. The company also wants to support and encourage learning as well as provide opportunities for intern to develop essential skills, attitudes, behaviors that are needed to fill in the work environment. In addition, the company assists students to identify if there is a suitable fit between intern’s expectations and job aptitudes and the job requirements.
It was a very significant opportunity for me to be able to apply academic knowledge and skill in the workplace. Not only did I obtain practical knowledge and experience from the company, but I also had chances to cultivate my communication and adaptation skills in a new environment which is completely dissimilar to a c...
... middle of paper ...
... learning and respected changes when they were appropriate
Staying Work-Focused Attention was set as a priority, didn’t let personal matters intrude on work
Ability to Communicate Followed directions, listened carefully, however should have expressed ideas more clearly
Confidentiality All work was maintained in a confidential manner designed to prevent unauthorized access
Loyalty Believed in company’s technology and respect the authority within the company
Dress Suitably Kept hair and makeup simple
Wore clothes according to company’s meetings or professional event
Listening Carefully Patient and keep focused on other talks to obtain information and provide opinions appropriately
Respect for Others Treat others as would like to be treated
A Team Player -Supporting Others Provided assistance when needed, willingly co-operated and collaborated with others
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Implications of an Extranet on the Business Model (graphics not available) Purpose of the Report The purpose of this report is to provide the strategic implications of an Extranet on my company's business model over the next three years. It is understood that the present business model utilizes an Intranet system. Background of the Topic When discussing Web-based technologies, we need to consider three distinct variations: the Internet, the Intranet and the Extranet. Internet The Internet is a public, global network of networks which is based on Internet Protocol (IP) and related standards (http://www.teleshuttle.com/media/extradef.htm).... [tags: Business Strategy Operational Analysis]
1678 words (4.8 pages)
- ... 3. Entrepreneurial Personality: There are total nine types of entrepreneurial personalities are there The Improver: if you are operating business in predominant way in towards the improver mode, the improvers have an unwavering ability to run their business, which reaches high integrity and ethics. The Superstar: The entire business management depends on charisma and high energy of the superstar non other than CEO. Creativity: The business management always should reserve with highly creative or innovative thoughts and proposals.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Management, New Zealand]
1548 words (4.4 pages)
- COMPANY BACKGROUND The company was formed by J. C. Lincoln in 1895. It is now the world’s largest manufacturer of welding machines and electrodes. It started as a producer of electric motors. It was a one room, unincorporated business until 1906. It moved to the current site, East Cleveland, where he had built a three-floor story building, incorporated and increase the work force to 30 in 1906. It currently employs 2,400 workers in its factory in the U.S. and approximately 600 in other factories located in three different countries.... [tags: Management, Customer, Board of directors]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- NextEra Energy Resources is a leading clean-energy company with more than 15,000 employees in 27 states and Canada and the number one producer of wind energy in North America. The managers are guided by the following leadership principles and behaviors: Excellence: puts top priority on getting results, continuously seeks improvement, creates an environment where people work their best. Safety First: promotes safety in the workplace, monitors the safety behavior of others. Ownership: creates a feeling of energy, excitement and personal investment, takes responsibility for own mistakes, fosters a sense of energy, ownership and commitment to the work.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
1572 words (4.5 pages)
- THE 7 APPROACH MODEL FOR THE CREATION OF A SUCCESSFUL ORGANIZATION 1. Setting objectives Fadzill Construction Sdn. Bhdwhich under contractor class A has objectives yet to be achieved. Those objectives may change from time to time according to the progress and achievement of the company. As the primary goal of setting up this company is to change the way of life since he comes from a poor family background and at the same time he opened up a job opportunities to the local fresh graduates. Fadzill Construction Sdn.... [tags: business, marketing, company]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- Office Supply Business Website Comparison The office supply business is one of the most competitive arenas in business today. What started out as something so simple has blossomed into a very large portion of spending by not only businesses but also by everyday consumers. The typical office supply chain targets businesses, both large and small, and consumers which include the person buying an ink cartridge for his printer to the parent who is buying supplies for her home school.... [tags: e-commerce business analysis website]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- The internet has revolutionized just about every aspect of our lives. From business, to pleasure, the internet has brought the world to our fingertips. Now, information is a mouse-click or text message away. Online encyclopedias, like our beloved Wikipedia, have made fact finding a simple task. A wiki search can yield an incredible amount of information, which has been submitted by the website users. No credentials are necessary, and the submissions are not proofread or revised by a certified scholar.... [tags: teachers, teaching]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- Title: Business models: A challenging agenda URL: http://soq.sagepub.com/content/11/4/418.full.pdf+html The author of this online article is John Q. Smith, a professor at Cornell University. He has a good background in business management and provided contact information The authors of this article is Charles Baden-Fuller and Vincent Mangematin. Charles Baden-Fuller is Centenary Professor of Strategy at Cass Business School, City University London and Vincent Mangematin is Professor of Strategic Management and scientific director at Grenoble Ecole de Management (France).: The information came from the author biographies in the article Business models: A challenging agenda.... [tags: Critical thinking, Source, Management]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- 1. Introduction In recent years we can see that social networking sites are gaining popularity as particularly in business environment. For the growth of social networking sites; sky is the limit. The very first social networking website came in the market just a decade ago, since then the way we communicate with other people has also changed. Social Networking sites like Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and many more are so well-established in this contemporary digital globe that they are blended in our daily routine very easily.... [tags: Marketing, Online Marketing, Internet]
2060 words (5.9 pages)
- In India there are many small entrepreneurs setting up an e-commerce model for their businesses. Ecommerce can be fruitful for an organization over the web only if there is a solution to an existing customer problem. This paper aims at introducing basic e-commerce concepts to entrepreneurs who wish to set up an online model (Internet). To setup an online business one needs to get a domain name (for ones website), which is generally ones business name or generic word which also includes a dot com, dot net, dot org extension.... [tags: Electronic Commerce Ecommerce]
811 words (2.3 pages)