At Bansri’s arrival to the U.S. was not new to the English Language. During the interview she pointed out that she have had some experience with the Engli...
... middle of paper ...
...r teacher suggested that she should record herself when she speaks in English. I believe that this is a great strategy for English language learners. Students can record themselves saying a word in their own language, and repeat that word in English. My goal is to always assume competence, and if a student is unable to meet competence then the next goal to figure out how to get them there. Whether working with them in small groups, or individually as Bansri experienced, or incorporating parents/guardian or other family member involvement. Every student must be given the opportunity to learn, and every teacher must allow students to work at their own pace. The receptive knowledge is there, they only need a little more time with expressive skills. As an educator and working with ELLs we should not be quick to judge, instead use positive reinforcements in learning.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Purpose: You will write a four-page MLA style report on a topic of you choice along with three areas of the topic, with teacher approval on a submitted memo. You will do a smart search for information and write a five section report on the topic using proper MLA style format as well as correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Good writing is also an expected criterion for this assignment. Project: 100 points DIRECTIONS: MEMO- 20 points 1. Save as MLAReportMemo.docx. Select a topic and type a memo to Mrs.... [tags: Assignment]
690 words (2 pages)
- To help struggling countries, many of the more affluent nations provide a certain amount of foreign aid (or development assistance) every year. This aid can range from money for food to medical supplies. In theory, aid is a wonderful thing as it helps those in need of support, but in recent years an issue has arisen over whether aid is truly effective or not. On one side of the debate are those who think that foreign aid is very effective and should be a priority for the West. Not only can this aid directly help people, but it encourages economic growth.... [tags: Aid, HIV, charity]
1562 words (4.5 pages)
- Choosing to attend college, some of us find ourselves unable to pay for tuition in full and in result, we turn to financial aid. Financial aid is based on, “your Expected Family Contribution, your year in school, your enrollment status, and the cost of attendance at the school you will be attending” (Loans). This system is flawed and should be changed due to financial aid money being used irresponsibly. Aid money should be rewarded based on the student’s income alone, rather than the entire household income.... [tags: College, High school, Student financial aid]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- ... If details of SIM card matches, the device asks the face recognition. The recognition is done by MATLAB. When the image matches from the data base it asks for selecting the bank when the user select the bank it ask the pin number of bank account and next processing starts like user can make transactions, check balance etc, otherwise the process is cancelled. The system used Spartan-3 FPGA kit for controlling the system, one buzzer is connected to the system on the FPGA board which guide the process for transaction.... [tags: databases of face, biometic techniques]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- For this beliefs paper, I got the Confronting Contracting face. When I realized I was the confronting contracting face, I was shocked and surprise because I thought I would be a rules and consequence face. I think there are two things that influenced my answers and they are the people who raised me which are my aunts and uncles and second my old job, which was an taekwondo instructor. Based on these experiences I had, I thought I follow the way they disciplined children. Turns out I took a whole different approach on disciplining children.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Bullying, Child]
1406 words (4 pages)
- How do you know that a dream is really a dream or if reality is real. The ‘Night Face Up’ is a short story written by Julio Cortazar depicting a nameless protagonist who flips between dream and reality. The main character is switching between a hospital setting between the 1950’s and 1980’s, and an ancient Aztec area. The man experiences a world where he was recently involved in a motorcycle accident and ends up in the hospital with a broken arm. In the Aztec area he is running for his life as he is being hunted down to be a human sacrifice.... [tags: face up]
1252 words (3.6 pages)
- In addressing the families and co-workers about the 30 workers that are trapped in the Chilean Copper Mine. I feel that it is best to understand that they people are scared and the best form of communication would be face to face. In face-to-face communication you are able to show empathy and comfort in a scary time. When the message, about the workers that are trapped 300 meters underground, is delivered to the family members a worker from the company needs to do these one by one. Bringing these 30 miners families to the site may cause an up roar so it is best to get to these families individual to create less mayhem.... [tags: copper mine, chilean miners, face to face]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- The provision of humanitarian aid has become an increasingly contentious and complicated issue. A contributing factor has been the expanding numbers of humanitarian actors (Marriage, 2008: 2) and consequentially greater competition for funding and operational field space. Governmental and inter-governmental agencies have blurred the lines of pure humanitarianism by integrating these activities with their own state’s military and political objectives (Rigby, 2001). This is further exacerbated in contexts of conflict.... [tags: humanitarian aid, neutrality, international help]
2429 words (6.9 pages)
- Professional Profile: My professional experience as a case aid for fours years will fit with a career in counseling now that I have additional educational experiences in general psychology. My educational experience, and work related experiences as stated earlier are case aid skills, home health care aid skills and a residential assistance manager skills, were all focus to serve others and care for others in need of assistance with daily activities, daily monitoring, changing dressings, and helping with getting in and out of bed.... [tags: career, education, employee, personal, thinking]
3248 words (9.3 pages)
- How has the role of teachers changed, what factors have entered into the changing role of teachers. That is the topic of this lesson. To complete this lesson you will: write a review of a journal article. THE 21st CENTURY LIBRARIAN The classroom teacher is not the only professional in the school whose role is changing. Look at this video to see how the school librarian's role has changed in the modern school. The 21st Century Librarian JOURNAL ARTICLE REVIEW 1 "Codes of Ethics" Topic: Teacher's Code of Ethics.... [tags: Assignment Review]
701 words (2 pages)
- Effective Recruitment Methods For A New Market
- Article Analysis : Breaking Biosafety Protocol
- Sociological Perspectives Of Symbolic Interactionism And Functionalism
- Personal Development Of Health And Social Care Setting
- The Pacific Slave Exchange Established The Framework For Present Day Entrepreneurship
- Analysis Of The Article ' Policing The Usa '