There are many ways an AI can process and many can be more complex than that zombie. Video games with the ability to set difficulties, such as “newbie” mode to something like “Superultra Megadeath Immortal” mode, would also mean making the AI’s thought process more complex. This would give them the ability to react to what they are seeing in a way that a normal human would which surprises players. How an AI reacts to the player is very important. AI is the most important to any video game’s story, gameplay and overall enjoyability.
”So now a turtle brain no longer consists of only going left and right and being crushed by a plumber, it needs to flee progressing fire, move away from an incoming vehicle, transition from ground to water navigable areas, walk, hide, swim, and care about predators like sharks.”
(Desmeules, Whatever Happened to Video Game AI?)
Artificial intelligence has progressed quite far, as Hugo Desmeules, one of people ...
... middle of paper ...
...a, zafarooq. "What Are The Most Important Aspects In Video Games? - Blog by zafarooq - IGN." IGN. N.p., 20 Mar. 2013. Web. 6 Dec. 2013.
Cork, Jeff. "Not The Kind Of Bug Hunt We Were Looking For." Gameinformer. N.p., 12 Feb. 2013. Web. 15 Dec. 2013.
Heywood, Matt. "Review: Aliens: Colonial Marines Just Flat Out Sucks Xeno Dung." Entertainment Buddha. N.p., 12 Feb. 2013. Web. 15 Dec. 2013.
VanOrd, Kevin. "Aliens: Colonial Marines Review - GameSpot." GameSpot. N.p., 12 Feb. 2013. Web. 17 Dec. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Computer Games and Artificial Intelligence Abstract Computer games provide a challenge for mankind. A way to demonstrate his mastery over the concept of intelligence and yet a way to test that mastery. It is through a continual need to improve the artificial intelligence in computer games that man also finds a way to examine his own creativity, to reach beyond what is possible and improve himself. Developments in the artificial intelligence of computer games have shown remarkable improvement as new genres of games have been created with new advances in the technology.... [tags: Video Game AI]
1355 words (3.9 pages)
- Game Playing and Artificial Intelligence Abstract Since the inception of the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI), game playing has had a key role. Likewise, AI has been an integral part of modern computer games. This collaboration of academic and commercial research and development into AI has yielded vast amounts of crossover technology. Academic research problems have become or influenced commercial games and the money gained from the commercial applications of AI have helped advance academic research as well.... [tags: Video Games AI]
1552 words (4.4 pages)
- Did you know that Pong; the first game made by Atari, wasn’t originally meant to be released to the public. A new Atari employee was given the assignment of making it simply as a test of his game design skills. Since Pong became a hit, video games have been a large part of the entertainment business. They have found their way into homes all over the world. “You can’t say that video games grew out of pinball, but you can assume that video games wouldn’t have happened without it. It’s like bicycles and cars.... [tags: Video Games]
2092 words (6 pages)
- Throughout the semester, we have intensively studied how computer science relates to the world around us, through video games, database systems, and artificial intelligence. But what we have not discussed is how all of these subjects in computer science, like pep8, pseudo code, gates and circuits, relate to our artistic world; dance, music, and live theatre. Listening to a piece of music, or as an audience member watching a dance or theatre performance, one assumes that the entire production, stemmed solely from the creativity of those involved.... [tags: software programs for digital music]
1826 words (5.2 pages)
- The History of Video Games - An Introduction Video games have a vast history that dates back to the 1940 's; they have evolved with computers, often working alongside traditional computational technology for a variety of uses that go beyond entertainment. Most people, when confronted with the prospect of video game history, think back to the arcade games of the '70s and '80s, as well as the clunky home consoles that sat next to their VCR 's. What many don 't realize is that the first video game was created in 1940 by a man named Edward Condon to be shown at the World 's Fair, (museumofplay.org).... [tags: Video game console, Video game, Nintendo]
1705 words (4.9 pages)
- What a game it was. The ultimate first person shooter had the qualities to be the best video game on Xbox 360. Everyone loved Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare from the designer Infinity Ward. It was thought by many people that it will take a long time before another addition was made to the Call of Duty series; however it took only a week for the publishers, Activision to announce the new Call of Duty: World at War. Although, the new game was announced, it was quite disappointing when it was said it was going to be created by Treyarch, the other creators of Call of Duty games.... [tags: Video Games, Technology]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- In our current education system, there is a concept called gamification which is rapidly growing from day to day. Well, what is gamification. Gamification is the concept of applying game like thinking to non-game applications to make them much more entertaining and immersive with students. It is an attempt to make things in school that are not very fun and engaging and applying qualities from games to make them that way. This paper will talk about the benefits that video games provide for a learning experience, why educators are cautious about adding in video game based learning, and the future potential of education through the use of gamification.... [tags: Education, Psychology, School, Teacher]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- Video games and Violence Like any other thing in the world video games have positive and negative aspects too. According to a study, those who spend hours and hours in playing ‘civic games’ were found to take more part in different community services like social work, politics or protests, as compared to those who never took interest in video games. Hence video games are proved to increase one’s social interaction skills. The kind of friendship and ethics those are knowledgeable by the young gamers while playing video games provide evidence that they are not completely harmful to our society.... [tags: Violence ]
1583 words (4.5 pages)
- Hiring a new employee is a complex process. It is a risky gamble required of every company that wants to grow and remain successful. Hiring managers are always looking for ways to increase the odds of a successful hire. They employ various methods, such as background checks, references, and academic transcripts, all in an attempt to reduce the risk that comes with hiring a new employee. In rare instances, the potential hire is clearly so superlative that these methods are all but a formality.... [tags: Artificial intelligence, Computer]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Video Game Violence Video game violence has been a long going controversy. Video games have not been around all that long, “first introduced in the 1970s” (Cesarone, Feb. ‘95), and started out as being centered towards the Children. Well anybody that has grown up with games are now older and more mature and demand more from their gaming experience, and so the creation of new types and styles of games have evolved to suit them. I have grown up with games, and am at the age where ‘kids games’ just don’t do it for me anymore.... [tags: Children Aggression]
1264 words (3.6 pages)