My first experience working with children affected by autism was in an inclusion school program. This inspired my interest in working with developmentally challenged children. I walked in the facility and my abilities just came naturally to me. The passion to make contributions in the world of Pervasive Developmental Disorders continues to amplify. The pursuit of my career path was clearly defined, and I want to follow my aspiration through completing a degree for the Specialist Program in School Psychology.
My work and school experience has stimulated and reinforced my objectivity in the field of psychology. I am currently working at Nova Southeastern University in the Baudhuin Preschool as a Teacher’s Aide for Autistic children for the past two years. I have gained significant knowledge on how to utilize research based ABA curriculum, STAR, to perform instructional methods of discrete trials train...
... middle of paper ...
...d genuinely caring. They also decided that I convey my teaching, listening, and communicating abilities in both a professional and personal manner. I think that my personality is a great attribute for helping other people, and in fact it solidifies what I want to do as a career.
I am confident that I will be an excellent candidate for the graduate program offered at Nova Southeastern University for the Specialist Program in School Psychology. I have gained the necessary experience and knowledge from my education and work environment to enable me to make major contributions to your organization. I am highly aware of the prestigious reputation Nova Southeastern University carries and that is the why I have chosen to attend such a prominent organization in conquering my professional goals. I hope to have the honor in continuing my studies at your fine institution.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Today, the impact of organizations lives from a formal perspective and takes on a total affect on how humans act. The behavior can stem from what is eaten, and the settings that individuals’ chose to take for granted in an organization. The notification of organizational behavior comes after observing either good or bad results to show that individuals’ do take aspects of lives for granted. . Scientist use the technology of methodology from a scientific perspective to help individuals’ better understand how organizational settings work (Jex & Britt, 2008).... [tags: Psychology]
1939 words (5.5 pages)
- Work History In society, most people will work for many different reasons. Some will work based on the needs of money to survive, some require money to feed their love ones, and some just need money for their own leisure. In life, most people work just to stay busy, and even work until it’s time for them to retire. When applying for a job, the employer will ask for a résumé or a job application. When the information is given, it contains a work history which is a detailed report of all the jobs that a person has held, including company name, job title, and dates of employment.... [tags: Employment, Minimum wage, Subway]
1620 words (4.6 pages)
- Interview with an Engineer Specialist The purpose of this assignment is to explore the profession I hope to be working for in the near future. My task for this assignment was to find an engineer who has a degree in Aerospace Engineering, which is the degree that I am pursuing. I had to set up an appropriate setting for an interview with that engineer. I also had to arrange interview questions which consists of their career information’s, requirement skills, and advices that would help me get prepare to work in the field of Aerospace Engineering.... [tags: Industry, Specialist, Aerospace]
1633 words (4.7 pages)
- People who had missed the opportunity to cast a vote in the forgone assembly elections must be looking forward to the Lok Sabha elections in order to make their opinion count and not letting go the opportunity to do so in these elections. So here is our word of caution to such people who would be applying for voter registration and voter id card Bangalore and voter id card Rajasthan. Let us enlighten you about some strict do’s and don'ts while filling online forms. Things to avoid before applying.... [tags: applying, documents, proof, application]
606 words (1.7 pages)
- Organizational psychology is not actually psychology because instead of focusing on individuals, it focuses more on organizations as a whole. Organizational psychology deals largely with business/management aspects. Psychology does not focus on many of the issues that organizational psychologists come across. For example, psychology does not include studying bias in the workplace, or selecting the best employee’s for a position, or how to make people want to work more efficiently in their jobs. Those are a few of organizational psychology’s issues and they have no place in the field of psychology.... [tags: Psychology, Applied psychology, Human behavior]
1543 words (4.4 pages)
- Psychology can be traced back to the times of the ancient Greeks. Psychology’s relevance dates back into the time before Christ and back to the present day to help all mental illnesses. Wilhelm Wundt was one of the first to study psychology in the mid 1800’s. He opened the world’s first psychology lab in 1879 which led to the start of psychology as an individual study or degree. Psychology went as far back as 387 B.C. when Plato said “the brain is the power of mental processes.” One would say that psychology became an important career in 1848 when it helped to diagnose or prove Phineas Cage’s condition.... [tags: Psychology, Clinical psychology]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- Psychology has a number of different facets. As the science of psychology evolves more information comes into play and psychologist devices various schools of thought. Psychology being the study of the human mind means it is easier to find differences than consistencies. For example, in other areas of science one can perform case studies and when it comes to physiological issues some things are consistent certain “normal” cells are going to react the same way regardless of the person. if said cells do not do the same thing then experts know that something is wrong.... [tags: Psychology, Thought, Mind, Cognition]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- Learning personality types could be one of the best tools for self-improvement and relationship enhancement. By identifying the personality type, we may be able to extend our strength sides and enhance our weakness sides. Further more, assuming the personality type of your component in a relationship, could help a lot to tighten the relationship by eliminating the disagreement situations and concentrating more on the common shared behaviors. These seem to be the main objectives that have led several psychological specialist researchers to conduct many observation analytic experiments and studies during most of the 19th century and up to the present times.... [tags: Psychology ]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- Not long ago, I decided to change my major to applied psychology because of the fact that I really want to work with students that are planning to go to college. During the summer, I had the opportunity to work with about fifteen high school students from Reading High. Listening to the students talk about the amount of people that are not interested in college and are dropping out of high school, made me think about my high school days. I saw a huge amount of my cohort drop out for various reasons, they either weren’t interested in school or thought they were not good enough for college.... [tags: College, High school, Higher education, University]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- “If money is your hope for independence, you will never have it. The only real security a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability” – Henry Ford. I define myself as a student with high spirits of enthusiasm to learn and lead. I never had a satisfaction that can halt my education, since one goes keep on learning things, the need to learn more pop’s out. A person like me with high aim’s and aspirations always fetches to find a perfect platform to grab as much of knowledge as I can.... [tags: Sample Application Essay]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Have A Jolly Ol' One: A Story About a Santa on the Streets of New York
- The Three Most Important Things I Learned in Economics Class
- Are the Forces That Influence China's Trade Surplus Over U.S. Actualy Good For Both Countries?
- Travel Agent Career
- Canada's Move Towards Soft Power
- Employers Must Recognize the Challenges of a Dual Career Family