Program management is the consistent management of a set of interrelated projects designed to accomplish a single outcome.
Through Apple’s innovative enterprise approach, we seek to generate personal computing products which have higher quality at lower unit costs than the previously available one. In order to manage projects effectively in the program,
• Apple aims to minimize the uncertainty in the innovative process while making sure the abilities and incentives of executives who exercise strategic control over the projects.
• Apple sustains the process from the time at which investments in productive capabilities are made until the innovative products come onto the market.
• Apple develops an action plan which is also called ‘Rules of the Road’ to set every significant milestone of the projects from the development process to the end (Panzarino, 2012).
• In Apple’s Program Management Plan process, we will mainly focus on (1) Initiating process; (2) Planning process; (3) Executing process; (4) Monitoring & Controlling process and (5) Closing process as described below in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Program Management Process Plan
Change Management Plan and Communication Plan
This change management and communication plan have been developed by the Apple’s Portfolio Management team in order to provide an outline of the firm’s change and communication management approach.
Change management is a systematic approach to dealing with change, both from the perspective of an organization and individuals. As a company, our innovative approach forces us to adapt ourselves to changes without allowing them to affect the ongoing projects’ objectives in terms their budgets, schedule and scopes. We believe that the ch...
... middle of paper ...
...ffective strategic allocation of its resources to the development and utilization of its productive resources to support its innovative investment strategies. Effective strategic control brings power to Apple’s decision-makers to allocate its resources to confront the technological, market, and competitive uncertainties which are inherent in the innovation process.
As an implementation of its innovative strategy in organizational integration level, Apple encourages its employees who have different hierarchical responsibilities and functional capabilities to apply their skills and efforts to achieve its strategic objectives. Besides employees’ work satisfaction comes from positive work environment, Apple is aware that other forms of compensations such as promotions, reward system and other benefits are crucial instruments to engage individuals into the organization.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Project Cost Management Project cost management (PCM) is the process of which technology is used to measure an approximate estimate of funds and resources needed, in order to complete the assignment within an approved budget. Although, most companies use some form of project cost management, it is often disregarded or unacknowledged regarding the importance of this treasured tool. For instance, if a project manager (PM) does not use a cost management tool, then there is a great change the task will be behind schedule and over budget (Schwalbe, 2011).... [tags: Project management, Cost, Costs, Cost overrun]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- Justification: The Project manager is responsible for overall project management. These responsibilities include developing project charter and project management plan, setting project scope, directing, managing, monitoring and controlling work through the whole project period, liaising with the stakeholders, and closing the project. This position will be from internal resources. Justification: The business analyst is responsible for collecting and analysing project requirements, reviewing smartphone app specification and functional specifications, as well as helping developers build app prototype, and assisting the project manager in producing and updating project documentations.... [tags: Apple Inc., App Store, Google Voice, IPhone]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Leadership Styles And Characteristics I selected Steve Jobs for the purposes of this paper because I considered him one the greatest leaders of our time. I will start with a brief description of Apple Inc. the company that he founded with Steve Wozniak. About the Company Apple Inc. is a multinational corporation leader in design and manufacturing of electronic devices and software. The company is recognized for being ahead for the innovation of electronic gadgets. Apple operates over 250 retail stores in different countries, where their gadgets are sold and provide technical support.... [tags: Apple Inc., Steve Jobs, IPhone, Mac OS X]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- I will first of all define business analysis as a practice of enabling change in an organization setting, by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders. Business analysis help businesses do better, it identifies and articulates the need for and how change in organization’s work and hence facilitate the change. Business analysis identifies and defines the solutions that will maximize the value delivered by the organization’s stake holders. The process of business analysis begins with the orientation were we get to understand or get the feel of what’s underway.... [tags: Coca-Cola, Strategic management, Pepsi, Business]
717 words (2 pages)
- Assignment 1 Operation management in an organization Operations are the key activities of an organization which are used for the production of goods/services. Services are tangible means these can’t be seen but you have the results i.e. these are consumed as they are produced. Products are intangible which can be seen e.g. vehicle, building etc. The operation management is concerned with the planning, organizing and controlling the process of production. The organization basically depends upon the three basic elements.... [tags: Management, Operations management, Marketing]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- Introduction Apple is an international corporation that is involved in design, development and distribution of consumer electronics, personal computers and computer software. It is mostly recognized for hardware such as iPhone smartphone, iPod media player, and Mac computers, and softwares such as OS X, the Safari web browser and iOS operating systems among other softwares. Apple was founded in April 1976 by Steve Wozniak, Ronald Wayne and Steve Jobs with a sole purpose of developing and selling of computers.... [tags: management, policy, strategy]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- ABSTRACT In fact, there are many causes of the problems in a IT project. If these difficulties were untreated, the project costs is increasing and exceeding the commitment time, made the project fail in halfway, or still “complete” but did not reach a portion or even all of the goals that were set out. INTRODUCTION According to the reported data, statistics of respected agencies, research organization around the world, information technology (IT) is paced technological innovation rapidly (on average within 12 months), and invisible attrition rate is decreased rapidly (about 30 percent per year).... [tags: Project management, Management, Failure]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- Sales and operations planning (S&OP) is a process to help give better customer service, lower inventory, shorten customer lead times, stabilize production rates, and give top management a handle on the business. S&OP process is built on teamwork between sales, operations, finance, and product development. It is designed to help a company get demand and supply in balance and to keep them in balance over time. Balancing supply and demand is essential to running a business well. Some companies described S&OP as aggregate planning process.... [tags: Business Management ]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- Picture a person who that is juggling doing several things at once; they are balancing a stick in one hand and another stick on their nose. Each stick has a plate on the top that they want to keep spinning without losing balance or dropping either. There is a lot going on in those actions including the exact timing of when to reach up and spin a plate, constant body movement to keep the sticks balanced as not to fall, and a continued push from the free hand to keep both plates spinning. This paradigm could be used to describe integration knowledge area of project management.... [tags: Project management, Management, Planning]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- Plan Stakeholder Management The input elements of plan stakeholder management consist of a project management plan, stakeholder registry, enterprise environmental factors, and organizational process assets. The tools and techniques comprises of expert judgement, meeting and analytical techniques. Lastly, the outputs are stakeholders’ management plan and project documents (PMBOK, 2013, p. 399) (see figure 2). Note: Reprinted from " Project Management Institute”, A guide to the project management body of knowledge, Copyright 2013 by Project Management Institute, Inc.... [tags: Project management, Management, Planning]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- The Impact Of Maldistribution Of Health Care Personnel
- Should The Illegal Immigration Be Legal?
- Google Analytics : Internet Site Information Provider
- The Reality Of Artificial Intelligence Boom
- Love : Love Of Marriage
- Building An Operational Definition Of Effective Implementation Of Project Based Learning